TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where are the 2011's

idareu

In my market there is only one 2011 Shelby at one of eight ford stores within a 50 mile radius. Is Ford drastically reducing the number of 2011 Shelbys or are the dealers in my area not stocking Gt500s?

What is your market like?

I think they were only building 6500 this year and most of them have been built. 2 dealers near me have 8 each on their lots and neither has sold one for several months.

I think they were only building 6500 this year and most of them have been built. 2 dealers near me have 8 each on their lots and neither has sold one for several months.

Agreed, 2 SVT Dealers here in S. Ont. Have at least 6 each, but they are moving. There are a handful of 10's as well around the GTA if you want a new 11 no problem lots to choose from

The original conversation on this was some months ago and the numbers thrown around started at 3500 total production. The Detriot news paper did a small side bar on the popularity of the GT500 in the recent past (especially when the grabber blue color was introduced) and the then 3500 was reported to push 5500 total. That was speculation since the orders for the 11' were quite high. I ordered mine on July 6th and took delivery on my birthday (Sep 15th). It was also rumored that by the July ordering dates some may not be able to recieve an 11' due to the production totals. I haven't seen this yet. I live in the very rural northern MI and several dealerships up here have gotten these without delay. My dealership had alotments for 2 only last and this yr and sold 2 each yr. I still haven't seen any literature on where the total production limits ended up!

Dealerships in my area (eastern VA) haven't had many. One here and there. They are proud to have them and think they can pass that on to prospective buyers. $5K on top... (Don't think so.)

I ended up going out of my area to get what I wanted.

5500 I thought? There are none in my area now, so I guess some areas have them and others do not?

Archived