TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shinoda Boss Mustang "Legend"

robertlane

Photo Gallery:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...17_sectionid=18

Videos of it in action:

http://www.stangsunleashed.com/index.php?c...p13_sectionid=6

Love the color combination - a lot of heritage expressed there and it is classy.

Great footage Robert...Did anyone else notice the 3 other BLACK Mustangs in the back ground? They had stripping that looked like BOSS decals?

I think we all had a lot of respect for Larry Shinoda, and its too bad he aint around to help with 'another boss' like Carroll Shelby has with the new gt500...but IMHO I kinda doubt he'd have selected gloss white on gloss black on anycolor base...the 69 boss302 had subtle black stripes that blended well(but lit up at night!) the boss '9s were understated to say the least, leaving the bold 70 302 as the most aggressive pkg he came up with- still sinister looking, semigloss black usually(keeps glare down), etc...I think they coulda tamed it down a bit and achived a better look...the bosses were never made to look like a racecar, but this one is- like someone mentioned above- awfully busy.

I dont think anyone would ever call Larry's boldest(70 302) boss busy looking...does anyone here know if the last 'boss shinoda' had any input from Larry Shinoda, or was it a tribute idea after his passing? I never knew if he had any input on it or not...just curious

I think we all had a lot of respect for Larry Shinoda, and its too bad he aint around to help with 'another boss' like Carroll Shelby has with the new gt500...but IMHO I kinda doubt he'd have selected gloss white on gloss black on anycolor base...the 69 boss302 had subtle black stripes that blended well(but lit up at night!) the boss '9s were understated to say the least, leaving the bold 70 302 as the most aggressive pkg he came up with- still sinister looking, semigloss black usually(keeps glare down), etc...I think they coulda tamed it down a bit and achived a better look...the bosses were never made to look like a racecar, but this one is- like someone mentioned above- awfully busy.

I dont think anyone would ever call Larry's boldest(70 302) boss busy looking...does anyone here know if the last 'boss shinoda' had any input from Larry Shinoda, or was it a tribute idea after his passing? I never knew if he had any input on it or not...just curious

Actually Larry himself did not but his family and myself continue the program using his standards I still work very close with his daughter and son in law to keep the car as close to what larry would have done had he been alive to see the new car thats why we added the hockey stick stripe and comming soon the c stripe back into our choices for strips and two differ't hoods the 69 nine style black out and the 70 style with the 3 stripes the heritage cars paint scheme is not just limited to the red black and white it also includes vista blue and white with numbers and decals and yellow and white basicly we are redoing the paint scheemes from the 69 and 70 trans am erea of cars.

Archived