TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ccw 18-11 rear wheels

428cj

I run 315/35/18 Toyo Proxes. These wheels fit with no mods on my '08 as well as my '10. I also recently added the FRPP Handling Package and there's been no problems whatsoever.

This was before lowering:

25c8081ff3a04917b7388730b8bfef10.JPG?uid=62a04242-9ac4-465f-ba47-e4f944fa3cdc

AFTER:

cdf8cf9ec63e43dc9dad11d5a94ac0e7.JPG?uid=66786e8c-058d-4297-8497-38d18c8bdc3f

Hey Leonard,

Now that you have had your CCW wheels for awhile, can you give me some indication of how hard it is to keep the polished aluminum wheels clean and looking new.

Thanks

overtime

Really not as bad as I thought it would be. Just normal washing with soap when brake dust gets on them, I usually get my leaf blower out and get all the water out of lug nut holes and dry off. I probably polished them 3 times since I had them. I can't remember the name of the polish I am using, its fast and very easy to do. Usually takes less than a hour to get all 4 wheels done, did my friends intercooler tanks that where very bad with this polish and it got them almost to mirror finish with hardly any work. On the rear wheels you can almost clean and polish the wheel on the vehicle cause you can stick your hand past the rotor. The fronts need to come off to get it completely clean. BTW, I don't drive in the rain so that helps, water is really what makes it hard to clean. I will look later for the name of the polish.

Thanks much for your insight and help. I bit the bullet last night and purchased the 505a's from a forum member. Got a great deal, just hope I don't regret it when it comes time to clean and Polish.

overtime

Thanks much for your insight and help. I bit the bullet last night and purchased the 505a's from a forum member. Got a great deal, just hope I don't regret it when it comes time to clean and Polish.

overtime

Yea, saw those for sale, good deal. Did he have the zoop seal on those rims, can't remember who I talked to who put the zoop wax seal on their ccw's!

Yea, saw those for sale, good deal. Did he have the zoop seal on those rims, can't remember who I talked to who put the zoop wax seal on their ccw's!

No Zoopseal installed. I've got all winter to get them polished up and get the sealer on, so I will take my time and hopefully have them looking brand new by next spring.

I've owned several sets of polished CCW wheels over the years and I can tell you Zoopseal will not do anything more than a standard wax will. The fact is you just need to stay on top of their care and keep them polished up. If you let them go and get nasty you'll have to break out a buffer to get them back. Been there done that.

No Zoopseal installed. I've got all winter to get them polished up and get the sealer on, so I will take my time and hopefully have them looking brand new by next spring.

Ok, just making sure. BTW, ccw recommends using Rejex wax sealer after you get done cleaning them, it helps keep the shine a little long. The 505a gonna look awesome, I was debating on those also but went with the 500's due to easier cleaning than the 505! :)

Tried Rejex also did not do anything more than any normal wax. Good ol' elbow grease and Mother Billet polish will keep them looking good.

Here are a couple of my past cars with CCW's. I cheated on my last set for the vert and had the center painted.

show-10.jpg

run-2.jpg

vt-16.jpg

Tried Rejex also did not do anything more than any normal wax. Good ol' elbow grease and Mother Billet polish will keep them looking good.

Here are a couple of my past cars with CCW's. I cheated on my last set for the vert and had the center painted.

show-10.jpg

run-2.jpg

vt-16.jpg

slick rides. i really like the ccw wheels. my car is a daily driver. sound like i may have hell keeping them clean as i drive it in rain as well. i wonder if the matte black finish on the ccw would make a difference? can't make my freakin' mind up!

how's that kb feel with this cooler weather? :superhero:

slick rides. i really like the ccw wheels. my car is a daily driver. sound like i may have hell keeping them clean as i drive it in rain as well. i wonder if the matte black finish on the ccw would make a difference? can't make my freakin' mind up!

how's that kb feel with this cooler weather? :superhero:

If it was my DD I'd go with the matt black. No polishing required. But obviously get what you want.

Thanks guys, for the heads up on the cleaning and polishing tips. Got three of the wheels on Friday (one still at UPS). The wheels look great. Can't wait to get them polished and installed. Not sure I'll use the Zoopseal (the opinions on the web have not been real consistant and it's very expensive)

Added bonus - My wife and son love the wheels. Hummm, maybe I can get them to do the polishing :)

My car is not a daily driver so I think these will work out fine. I had picked the 505a's as my choice of wheel over a year ago, and have been saving to purchase them. When I saw the deal here on Team Shelby, it was just too good to pass up. Just another reason to become a Team Shelby member.

overtime

• 1 year later...

Hey gtcpa, What was your deciding factor between CCW SP500 and True Forged Mach 5's? Hard to decide. I have 14" BAER rotors and CCW says I'll have to go back to stock size rear caliper size in order for 18's to fit. Just from pictures I think I like the CCW's better, but it's close.

Thanks, Rich

I run the 315/35/18 Toyo TQ Drag Radials on my 18x11 CCW's. No mods needed for a perfect fit

sp500025.jpg

does any body have eradispeed rear rotors with ccw's 18x11? please help going to pull the triger.

Spoke to CCW and they can make the SP500 (and some others wheels) that will clear the rear eradispeed, but they would be 18x10.5 with a 2" lip. He also said he coild make sp550/551 and the sp16/20's with a thinner spoke cross section in an 18x11 with a 3" lip. I'm trying to decide whether to go that route, or put my stock rotors back on the rear and go with the 18x11 with 3" lip. Speak to John at CCW to confirm.

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to CCW and they can make the SP500 (and some others wheels) that will clear the rear eradispeed, but they would be 18x10.5 with a 2" lip. He also said he coild make sp550/551 and the sp16/20's with a thinner spoke cross section in an 18x11 with a 3" lip. I'm trying to decide whether to go that route, or put my stock rotors back on the rear and go with the 18x11 with 3" lip. Speak to John at CCW to confirm.

Ended up ordering CCW SP500's 9.5x18 and 11x18 with 3" lips on the rear. Love the wheels so much I decided to remove my Eradispeeds on the rear and install OEM size BAER Decela rotors so the rear wheels could clear the brakes. Kept my BAER Extreme Plus 6 piston brakes on the front end though .

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rjm, can you tell me the tire sixes you went with? 3" lip?? Pics?

Thanks!

Sorry for the late response (I didn't have my profile set to alert me!). Yeah, the rears are 3" lips and the tires are Toyo Proxes TQ Drag radials 315/35/18 . The fronts are 1" lip on Nitto 555 Extremes in stock tire size. Hope this helps.

Archived