TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Secret Tune to 2009 GT500 PCM-Revisited

XY GTHO Phase III

I was reading about the subject topic this morning that was posted a few weeks ago and I wanted to ask how I can find out if my GT500 has the PCM calibration reset already without going thru the steps of reset below. I brought my GT500 from the dealer in Feb this year and it is a 2009 and it had 300 miles on it at the dealership. The car sat in the dealership since Nov 2008 so I really have no idea if the recalibration was performed on it. To me if feels like it has been done but then again I have nothing to compare that to considering my previous car was a 4 cylinder that couldn't take the skin off a rice pudding. Any suggestions as to how to verify if its been done, Thanks Rob

J10 Reset PCM Calibration -- Shelby GT500

The Shelby GT500 is released from the factory with

an alternate PCM calibration that limits engine

performance. The PCM calibration must be reset

prior to vehicle delivery.

1. Disconnect the battery negative cable.

2. Wait at least 10 seconds, then reconnect the

battery cable.

3. Tighten the cable to 5Nm (44 lb-in)

4. Turn the ignition key ON then OFF WITHOUT

STARTING THE ENGINE. (THIS IS NECESSARY TO

PREVENT A HIGH IDLE CONDITION AND SETTING

DTC P0507. THE MALFUNCTION INDICATOR

LAMP (MIL) WILL NOT BE ILLUMINATED FOR THIS CODE.)

If your car had 300 miles on it when you bought it, you don't need to reset. The program they are refering to is to bypass the initial program from factory to keep car out of boost. That program would stay on until you drove 5 consecutive miles or 50 cold starts. If you are seeing close to 9 lbs of boost on your guage when you go WOT, you don't need to do the reset. It's pointless.

If your car had 300 miles on it when you bought it, you don't need to reset. The program they are refering to is to bypass the initial program from factory to keep car out of boost. That program would stay on until you drove 5 consecutive miles or 50 cold starts. If you are seeing close to 9 lbs of boost on your guage when you go WOT, you don't need to do the reset. It's pointless.

Thanks for the response mate

Archived