1262072813-03_BOSS302R.jpg

* Fits 2010 BOSS 302R Race Car for Grand-Am Competition

* 18"x10" size

* Fits front and rear

* 5/8" wheel studs required

* Weight 20-21 lbs

* 5-lug, 4.5-inch bolt circle

* 7.2-inch backspacing

I inquired about this exact topic for my 2007 GT500. Here is the reply from Rehagen Racing:

"Yes, they will fit with no problem. The tire is a little close to the strut on the front so we do recommend a set of wheel spacers on the front. You can get them at most any auto parts store for about $15. They also require a racing lugnut which we can provide. Lugnuts are $1 each."

Regards,

Dean Martin

Rehagen Racing

Ph: (734)524-9770

Fax: (734)-524-9780

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am in the process right now. Have the wheels in the shop but the car is still at the dealer getting a new clutch and gears. Info says wheel requires 5/8 studs. Lug hole is .7", thickness of wheel at lug hole is 1". Right now I am looking at McGard lug nuts part # 62000. These have a .679 dia shank .946 long. Looking into if that will negate the need to swap out the studs. Will still have to figure out something with the 45 degree seat. Hopefully my machinist can do something there. Circle track supply places have lug nuts that will work (1/2" threads with a 45* seat) but they are not all that attractive.

The wheels look very good and are quite light.

I am in the process right now. Have the wheels in the shop but the car is still at the dealer getting a new clutch and gears. Info says wheel requires 5/8 studs. Lug hole is .7", thickness of wheel at lug hole is 1". Right now I am looking at McGard lug nuts part # 62000. These have a .679 dia shank .946 long. Looking into if that will negate the need to swap out the studs. Will still have to figure out something with the 45 degree seat. Hopefully my machinist can do something there. Circle track supply places have lug nuts that will work (1/2" threads with a 45* seat) but they are not all that attractive.

The wheels look very good and are quite light.

Call Rehagen Racing. They sell the rims and say that only new lugs are required for our cars. They sell the lugs as well.

http://www.rehagenracing.com/

I inquired about purchasing the same rims from them a while ago.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, have been to the machine shop and I need to edit the numbers. (they are a little more precise than I am)

Lug bolt hole in wheel is .751 dia

Thickness at lug hole is .690

Center hole is 2.780 dia

Thickness at center hole is .985

McGard lug nut 62000 will not work w/o modification. Are working on that now.

• 1 month later...

I just bought a set for the track, but I am struggling with tire sizing. I have been told to go with 275/40/18 front ( with 7mm spacers) and 295/40/18 rear. I would much rather go with the 295 all around. Any thought on this set up? I have a 2011 SVT Pkg GT500 with a staggered set up.

You get what you pay for. :shift:

Never did like that statement. A bit too ambiguous for me. Far too many examples out there of quality products on the cheap and crap products that cost a mint.

If you HAVE TO HAVE these Boss wheels, I get it. But I'd never pay $2200 for a set of wheels. Specially track only wheels. Never... unless I had a sponsor! But I'm just a few track days away from that level... :yup:

Never did like that statement. A bit too ambiguous for me. Far too many examples out there of quality products on the cheap and crap products that cost a mint.

If you HAVE TO HAVE these Boss wheels, I get it. But I'd never pay $2200 for a set of wheels. Specially track only wheels. Never... unless I had a sponsor! But I'm just a few track days away from that level... :yup:

Just an example. Those cast Razors are heavy and weaker compared to a light weight forging like the BBS. Better quality, stronger and lighter is always going to cost more $$$.

OEM wheels on these cars are usually cast, but for a cost savings stand point. :mail:

Just an example. Those cast Razors are heavy and weaker compared to a light weight forging like the BBS. Better quality, stronger and lighter is always going to cost more $$$.

OEM wheels on these cars are usually cast, but for a cost savings stand point. :mail:

Good to know. Thanks!

What issues are you having?

1. No "street" lug nuts that will match up to the 45* bevel, therefore also no "locks". Don't know about you, but I'm not taking this car out and parking it somewhere without wheel locks!

2. Wheel is not designed for a center cap, there are caps that will work but will not be "retained", also caps will not work on the front at all since the wheel is thinner - bearing cap protrudes thru the wheel.

3. Wheel is too wide to work on the front, yeah, I know, use spacers. Maybe I'm just picky but I have yet to find a spacer that I want to put on my GT500

4. 1/2" lugs on a wheel designed for 5/8". There are shank style lug nuts that will fill in the gap properly but the shank is too long and must be cut down and there is still the problem of the 45* bevel.

BBS is OK with machining the bevel out to take a flat washer (shank style nut will then work) but says under no circumstances to narrow the wheel. If during a race one of these wheels is so much as dented - it is thrown away.

BBS is aware there is much desire to use these wheels on the street and is rumored to be working on a street version and a narrower version. But it may be a while.

• 2 weeks later...

"Push Through" caps with sufficient clearance for the bearing cap will work and will be retained but there are precious few the correct size, and so far none that will look good with this wheel. If anyone else find one I would really like to know about it.

There may be a solution to the lug nut problem - should find out this week. Probably won't be cheap, tho.

"Push Through" caps with sufficient clearance for the bearing cap will work and will be retained but there are precious few the correct size, and so far none that will look good with this wheel. If anyone else find one I would really like to know about it.

There may be a solution to the lug nut problem - should find out this week. Probably won't be cheap, tho.

Looks like too much work for a street set. But then again, I dont need street wheels. As far as not being worth the cost, these are cheap in comparison to other BBS wheels used in this application

Archived