TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Super Snake Wheels

2sharpie

I agree those would look killer on your ride 2Sharpie!! Thanks for the link I hadn't read about the 2011 Super Snake options until now.

Interesting, looks Shelby now offers a matte white stripe will be interesting to see how that looks

Few things I was curious about maybe some of you might have more info:

My question was about the "Carbon fiber body components" under standards features, I'm guessing this means the front splitter, maybe side skirts and rear valance and think I recall some panels on the side mirrors. Doubt Shelby would change out front fenders as a standard feature right? Think I had the ZO6/ZR-1 in my head when I read carbon fiber, like quarter panels and such.

Also the Super Snake Hood, is it fiber glass? Since I think Shelby would make mention of it being carbon fiber.

I agree those would look killer on your ride 2Sharpie!! Thanks for the link I hadn't read about the 2011 Super Snake options until now.

Interesting, looks Shelby now offers a matte white stripe will be interesting to see how that looks

Few things I was curious about maybe some of you might have more info:

My question was about the "Carbon fiber body components" under standards features, I'm guessing this means the front splitter, maybe side skirts and rear valance and think I recall some panels on the side mirrors. Doubt Shelby would change out front fenders as a standard feature right? Think I had the ZO6/ZR-1 in my head when I read carbon fiber, like quarter panels and such.

Also the Super Snake Hood, is it fiber glass? Since I think Shelby would make mention of it being carbon fiber.

The white stripe looks KILLER on the Kona Blue SS they are showing. I think the base color of the car will be the factor for a white or black stripe. Someone mentioned a white on white car...THAT will be interesting to see (mirror a black/black).

The carbon fiber body components are the front splitter and side rockers. I don't think they're putting the mirror covers on the 2010+ model years any longer. Rear valance might be a option but it's a raceskins cover, not a part replacment (there was talk of Shelby offering it way back when).

No, the front fenders do NOT get changed...and especially not to Carbon Fiber. I think I saw some CF Mustang fenders on Roush's site. If the Mustang and Shelby share front fenders, then you *could* save some substantial front end weight.

The SS hood is fiberglass, NOT CF although the KR hood is CF.

EDIT: Spelling errors!

HTH,

Phill

Thanks for the quick reply Phil, guess I'm thinking of the 07-09 SS and carbon side mirror panels, a friend at one of the local car hangs has one and I must have seen the CF side mirror panels on his. I have yet to see a 2010 or 2011 Super Snake in person but am looking forward, hoping I have my camera handy when I do. I'm a visual person so guess I'll wait and see pictures of a matte white stripe, but the Kona Blue/White Stripe combo does sound pretty sweet and I would think will be pretty unique.

Interesting you mention the KR's hood being CF, there was a black KR at the car hang out this week. The hood pins are awesome, remind me of the 72 (I think) Mach a friend has.

post-27383-006853400 1285691210_thumb.jpg

post-27383-022622900 1285691252_thumb.jpg

post-27383-006853400 1285691210_thumb.jpg

post-27383-022622900 1285691252_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply Phil, guess I'm thinking of the 07-09 SS and carbon side mirror panels, a friend at one of the local car hangs has one and I must have seen the CF side mirror panels on his. I have yet to see a 2010 or 2011 Super Snake in person but am looking forward, hoping I have my camera handy when I do. I'm a visual person so guess I'll wait and see pictures of a matte white stripe, but the Kona Blue/White Stripe combo does sound pretty sweet and I would think will be pretty unique.

Interesting you mention the KR's hood being CF, there was a black KR at the car hang out this week. The hood pins are awesome, remind me of the 72 (I think) Mach a friend has.

Correct, the '07-'09 SS has the CF mirror covers and you can get them now through the Shelby Perf. Parts store. Same with the Splitter and rockers on the '07-'09 years. You can get the '10-'11 front splitter now too but so far, not the side rockers (although JLT sells Trufiber rockers and side splitters).

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they are not offered for the 10's and 11's....yet. So I guess the early versions don't fit the later versions or I'd think you could get them on a 10 or 11 (and the SPP description doesn't say they fit a 10/11).

You can see the Kona Blue/white SS in a few different threads in the Super Snake section of the Team Shelby forums. Roger S. posted them and it looks fantastic. He also posted a silver/gray SS w/black stripe and BLACK Alcoa wheels.

The KR hood pins are sweet and are replicas of the original locks. They are impossible to get or find...I don't even think you can get them if you actually own a '08-'09 KR! They are literally "priceless". You can get the hoods (if you own a KR or find one FA on e-bay) but the pins are far and few between.

Phill

Still wish they would offer rear wheels with better offset to allow larger tires that dont stick out. Most people dont run larger rear brakes anyway. But yes they do look sweet.

I don't think it's the bakes that are the problem (with the SS having wider wheels), I think it's the brake DUCTS that are the problem.

Yeah, I wish they made Alcoa's in 11 or 12 inch versions too. If they did, I'd have a set already.

Our option at this point is to buy the 10" wheels and have them widened ourselves, which actually isn't that expensive compared to some of the wheels I've been seeing lately. $500 for the wheel and another $200 to have them widened. That's 700 bucks a wheel. I looked at a set of Foose 3-piece wheels for the GT500 and they were $1500 EACH.

Hmmmm....$700 vs. $1500. That's a no-brainer.

Phill

Still wish they would offer rear wheels with better offset to allow larger tires that dont stick out. Most people dont run larger rear brakes anyway. But yes they do look sweet.

Totally agree.........need those rears at 11" with a good offset. I'm not keen on widening my wheels......especially if you get the powdercoated ones (gotta do it all again!)

As far as the hood goes........the 2011 is out now and they still haven't released the hood for the 2010 (although its the same). What gives??!

• 2 weeks later...

I am reading that the 2011 Super Snake is going to be pushing 800HP....Does anyone have any details yet on what size super charger they are using, etc? I saw that Shelby is using a Shelby/TVS super charger, but that is all I saw.

Go to the Kenne Bell website and they have a article on the 800HP SS on their home page.

Phill

Archived