TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHIFTER BALL

CITYSOUND

picked up my gt500 svtpp last weds,and i love it. have one question though, the shifter ball is not in allign with car. the numbers seem to be slanted toward the drivers side has anyone else noticed this. does anyone know how to loosen the ball to make adjustment

Doesn't the ball sit on top of an adapter that's threaded? I can't remember on the stock piece. On my ball though, you screw the adapter up and then screw the ball down on top of the adapter. If the ball is too far right, then just thread the adapter up a little bit.

Lot of screwing but that might help. :hysterical:

can you please give me the steps on how to loosen it up. i dont want to bend or break anything.also do you have to remove the boot,. thanks sooo much

Seriously..............just put your hand around it.................grip tightly and unscrew it or twist it to tighten. If you want to pop up the center portion of the console, you just open up the console, grab the back of the center piece and pull straight up. It us just held in place with the clip in style pins.

Seriously..............just put your hand around it.................grip tightly and unscrew it or twist it to tighten. If you want to pop up the center portion of the console, you just open up the console, grab the back of the center piece and pull straight up. It us just held in place with the clip in style pins.

already tried to loosen ball and used alot of force, was afraid to bend or damage the rubber bushings. had ford look at it and they told me it wasnt adjustable.is the metal sleeve part of the ball, and do i have to loosen that first?, sorry just dont want to damage anything. also let me ask another question. the other day go in car and started it, but the gas pedal had no response, had to shut down let stand for 30 sec then restart, all was fine

already tried to loosen ball and used alot of force, was afraid to bend or damage the rubber bushings. had ford look at it and they told me it wasnt adjustable.is the metal sleeve part of the ball, and do i have to loosen that first?, sorry just dont want to damage anything. also let me ask another question. the other day go in car and started it, but the gas pedal had no response, had to shut down let stand for 30 sec then restart, all was fine

I can tell you from experience on my car that the shifter ball is just simply screwed on, but they do use loc-tite on it so it takes a fair bit of force to start the thing rolling.

remember, you have to depress the clutch all the way to the floor when you try and start,or nothing will happen.I just tried unscrewing my shifter and it just unscrews,at least on the 2010

remember, you have to depress the clutch all the way to the floor when you try and start,or nothing will happen.I just tried unscrewing my shifter and it just unscrews,at least on the 2010

car was running, put car in gear and gave gas, no response from gas pedal

I agree that you should take it to the dealer to do it, but if you rally want to do it yourself, it does just twist off. It's very tight and loaded with loctite so I suggest you use a rubber strap wrench and possibly a hair drier to heat it up a bit. Don't get it too hot, just enough to loosen up some of the loctite a little and then wrap your strap wrench around it and crank on it. Mine took some serious pursuasion, but once it broke free, it spun right off.

I agree that you should take it to the dealer to do it, but if you rally want to do it yourself, it does just twist off. It's very tight and loaded with loctite so I suggest you use a rubber strap wrench and possibly a hair drier to heat it up a bit. Don't get it too hot, just enough to loosen up some of the loctite a little and then wrap your strap wrench around it and crank on it. Mine took some serious pursuasion, but once it broke free, it spun right off.

Quote for emphasis.

will try again, did you twist ball clockwise or counter clockwise.also is the sleeve attached.do you have to do anything with it

I've heard of a lot of people using a strap wrench to get the ball off. I've seen a "two wrench" set, one small and one large but I can't remember where. NAPA, Pep Boys or Harbor Freight.

It will work without damage to your shit knob. Otherwise, find some BIG MOFUGGER to grip it and twist cuz they are on tight!

Phill

Archived