TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Snake can swallow a big block Chevy in one gulp...

GO-SVT

Nice smooth run. The shifting looked effortless.

Oh and the red Christmas tree hanging from the mirror is priceless... made my day!

-Pockdog

Thanks. I made sure I put a LOT of city miles on the clutch before I went racing. I seem to have no shifting issues and I am taking it up to just before redline when I shift.

Oh, about that x-mas tree.... The "new car" smell was pretty strong and it bothered my lovely wife, so I stuck that cherry x-mas tree in there.

Wow no 1-2 grind like I get 50% of the I got down the strip. Must feel nice to be able to shift into 2nd near redline. :baby:

i don't know what to say about that except... I made sure I put a ton of true "city" miles on the clutch before applying full power or shifting fast. I didn't really hit it hard until the car had over 1,500 miles on it. As you can see from my videos, it shifts very nicely. If you watch the race with the camaro, you can hear when I hit 2nd there was quite a bit of wheelspin.

+2 curious about all the same questions and wanted to add..Awesome run!!

Thanks...

The TVS on my '10 was originally on my '08. So it's not the same version you would get for a 2010 if you bought it new. The '10 version comes with a smaller pulley. As for what they cost, that depends where you buy it. Figure in the mid $4K range if you shop around. Install is easy. I've done mine in less than 2 hours.

Gains also depend which route you take. On my 2008 it was good for 1 full second and 10 MPH in the 1/4. On my '10 it's close to the same.

Thanks...

The TVS on my '10 was originally on my '08. So it's not the same version you would get for a 2010 if you bought it new. The '10 version comes with a smaller pulley. As for what they cost, that depends where you buy it. Figure in the mid $4K range if you shop around. Install is easy. I've done mine in less than 2 hours.

Gains also depend which route you take. On my 2008 it was good for 1 full second and 10 MPH in the 1/4. On my '10 it's close to the same.

thanks alot--i did a search trying to find out exactly what the kit entails but havent found the right site yet--can you give me a link,otr tell me whats included in the kit.A few sites mentiona 3 year warranty--my delaer here in Atl tells me if they do the install theyll honor my extended warranty==now if he puts that in writing,Im good--thanks again bob

Archived