TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Store, my experience from A-Z

2010KonaBlueGT

I recently had my first experience with the Shelby Perforance Parts store and thought I'd share it with others.

It is too often you hear the 'bad' about people's experience with a company but rarely do you hear all of the GOOD when it comes to dealing with retailers. That is the nature of us all, we like to bitch but we forget to give kudo's (e.g. "When we do right, no one remembers....When we do wrong, no one forgets").

So I'm sharing my GOOD experience I had with Shelby Performance Parts~

I wanted to buy a bunch of items including the new Shelby badged fuel rails but there was a thread on Team Shelby forums concerning a fuel leak with another TS poster. I e-mailed Jonathan Eck and he immediately replied with the answers to my concerns (i.e. will they fit with a Whipple 2.9?) that had been asked on-line, but not answered.

That is the "A" in my A-Z story.

After Jonathan answered all of my questions (I had another and another reply) I called Shelby on Sept. 20, 2010 LATE in the afternoon. I was put on hold with the message "there are 2 people ahead of you". After waiting a short time, there was one person ahead of me. After maybe 3 or 4 minutes of being on hold it was answered by Tim Hill. I needed to join the Team Shelby Club in order to take advantage of their current (at the time) 15% off sale. Tim handled that in no time and it was on to the listing of items I wanted to buy.

I had gone on the SPP site and filled my shopping cart so I had all of the item descriptions of the items I wanted on my monitor.

We went down my list and Tim filled my order. At the end of my list he read off the items he had on his end and during some discussion regarding the Foot Pedal fitment and ordering a dead pedel, some confusion arose and apparently Tim did not get the foot pedel kit listed. I caught it and Tim added it to my order but since the first order was "closed" he had to add a second order. Rather than charge me a separate shipping charge for the second order, Tim just comp'd me the shipping on that part. Kudo's to Tim Hill (a.k.a. "Sin City Kid" on TS forums).

Tim said it would be shipped via Fed-Ex, which made me happy since Fed-Ex gets to my house EARLY in the a.m. where UPS generally gets here late afternoon to as late as 9 p.m.

This mourning, September 25, 2010 at about 9:30 a.m. Fed-Ex arrived with two boxes in hand. I cut the shipping invoice out of the packet, opened the boxes and made sure everything on the invoice was included in the packages.

I have to say that the Shipping Dept. at Shelby does a TREMENDOUS job of packing their shipping containers. Fed-Ex wasn't real nice to one box and it was the box with my quarter window scoops in it but with all of the bubble wrap Shelby had surrounding the items, I think they could have run over it with a truck and the scoops would have survived! Kudo's to Shelby's shipping center/dept.

I saved $301.46 with the 15% discount offered by Shelby. Kudo's to Robert Lane for the sale (I assume Sharron was involved in there somehow too).

I orderd my parts on Monday evening and got them on Saturday mourning. That's really 4 days total since I was sleeping soon after I placed my order and shortly before I received my order.

That is the "Z" in my story.

I briefly looked over my parts and I am pretty impressed with their quality too. The "bump steer" tie-rod ends are HUMUNGOUS as are the front sway bar links. You don't get a sense of their physical size in the photo's.

I still haven't received my adjustable sway bar as it is shipped from the Mfgr. (drop shipped?) so I'm hoping Shelby's "subs" are as good as they are (NOTE: I was told by Tim that they are made to order and that it would NOT be included in the shipment).

EDIT: I RECEIVED MY SHELBY ADJUSTABLE PANHARD BAR ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1ST OR 2ND, DIRECT SHIPPED FROM BMR SO EVEN THE DROP SHIPPED ITEM GOT TO ME IN SHORT ORDER. ANOTHER 'KUDO' FOR THE SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS STORE AND THEIR SUB CONTRACTORS.

So for anyone thinking about buying from Shelby Peformance Parts, I highly recommned using them.

Great experience, from start to finish,

Phill Pollard - Co. Springs, CO

2010 GT500

I totally agree with you Phill.

I have ordered a lot of parts from Shelby and I have never been dissapointed at all. Everything has arrived on time, perfectly packed and the quality is top shelf.

Rocky

I recently had my first experience with the Shelby Perforance Parts store and thought I'd share it with others.

It is too often you hear the 'bad' about people's experience with a company but rarely do you hear all of the GOOD when it comes to dealing with retailers. That is the nature of us all, we like to bitch but we forget to give kudo's (e.g. "When we do right, no one remembers....When we do wrong, no one forgets").

So I'm sharing my GOOD experience I had with Shelby Performance Parts~

I wanted to buy a bunch of items including the new Shelby badged fuel rails but there was a thread on Team Shelby forums concerning a fuel leak with another TS poster. I e-mailed Jonathan Eck and he immediately replied with the answers to my concerns (i.e. will they fit with a Whipple 2.9?) that had been asked on-line, but not answered.

That is the "A" in my A-Z story.

After Jonathan answered all of my questions (I had another and another reply) I called Shelby on Sept. 20, 2010 LATE in the afternoon. I was put on hold with the message "there are 2 people ahead of you". After waiting a short time, there was one person ahead of me. After maybe 3 or 4 minutes of being on hold it was answered by Tim Hill. I needed to join the Team Shelby Club in order to take advantage of their current (at the time) 15% off sale. Tim handled that in no time and it was on to the listing of items I wanted to buy.

I had gone on the SPP site and filled my shopping cart so I had all of the item descriptions of the items I wanted on my monitor.

We went down my list and Tim filled my order. At the end of my list he read off the items he had on his end and during some discussion regarding the Foot Pedal fitment and ordering a dead pedel, some confusion arose and apparently Tim did not get the foot pedel kit listed. I caught it and Tim added it to my order but since the first order was "closed" he had to add a second order. Rather than charge me a separate shipping charge for the second order, Tim just comp'd me the shipping on that part. Kudo's to Tim Hill (a.k.a. "Sin City Kid" on TS forums).

Tim said it would be shipped via Fed-Ex, which made me happy since Fed-Ex gets to my house EARLY in the a.m. where UPS generally gets here late afternoon to as late as 9 p.m.

This mourning, September 25, 2010 at about 9:30 a.m. Fed-Ex arrived with two boxes in hand. I cut the shipping invoice out of the packet, opened the boxes and made sure everything on the invoice was included in the packages.

I have to say that the Shipping Dept. at Shelby does a TREMENDOUS job of packing their shipping containers. Fed-Ex wasn't real nice to one box and it was the box with my quarter window scoops in it but with all of the bubble wrap Shelby had surrounding the items, I think they could have run over it with a truck and the scoops would have survived! Kudo's to Shelby's shipping center/dept.

I saved $301.46 with the 15% discount offered by Shelby. Kudo's to Robert Lane for the sale (I assume Sharron was involved in there somehow too).

I orderd my parts on Monday evening and got them on Saturday mourning. That's really 4 days total since I was sleeping soon after I placed my order and shortly before I received my order.

That is the "Z" in my story.

I briefly looked over my parts and I am pretty impressed with their quality too. The "bump steer" tie-rod ends are HUMUNGOUS as are the front sway bar links. You don't get a sense of their physical size in the photo's.

I still haven't received my adjustable sway bar as it is shipped from the Mfgr. (drop shipped?) so I'm hoping Shelby's "subs" are as good as they are (NOTE: I was told by Tim that they are made to order and that it would NOT be included in the shipment).

So for anyone thinking about buying from Shelby Peformance Parts, I highly recommned using them.

2010 GT500

Hey Phill. Thanks a million for taking the time to put down some kind words! :superhero:

<SNIP>

I called Shelby on Sept. 20, 2010 LATE in the afternoon.

<SNIP>

EDIT: I RECEIVED MY SHELBY ADJUSTABLE PANHARD BAR ON FRIDAY OR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 1ST OR 2ND, DIRECT SHIPPED FROM BMR SO EVEN THE DROP SHIPPED ITEM GOT TO ME IN SHORT ORDER. ANOTHER 'KUDO' FOR THE SHELBY PERFORMANCE PARTS STORE AND THEIR SUB CONTRACTORS.

<SNIP>

2010 GT500

Phil

We're waiting on your Proof Of Ownership for the registry certificate. I'll resend the email.

Steve

Yes, thanks.

How funny/ironic...I was *just* thinking, I need to get my Reg./Ins papers and copy them to send off to Shelby!

I mean *liteally* just thinking of if, about 2 seconds ago!

Send me the e-mail and It'll prompt me to get a copy off to you. Can you please send me the FAX number too? For some reason, my printer interface with my computer is AFU so I may or may not be able to scan a copy of it to send via e-mail. I can run it down to Kinko's and send a FAX if my scanner won't talk to my PC.

Thanks for the reminder,

Phill

Archived