TEAM SHELBY FORUM

White Stripes ?

SPEEDY168

Someone tell me if this is real or not. I know you can only get black stripes on a 2007-2009 SS, so are these aftermarket ? This was taken last weekend by my cousin at a show in N Longbeach.

Sorry about the small size. It was sent to me as a text and I don't know how to make it bigger on my Mac. If anyone does let me know.

tn.jpg

Someone tell me if this is real or not. I know you can only get black stripes on a 2007-2009 SS, so are these aftermarket ? This was taken last weekend by my cousin at a show in N Longbeach.

Sorry about the small size. It was sent to me as a text and I don't know how to make it bigger on my Mac. If anyone does let me know.

tn.jpg

Super Snake - Black stripes 2007-2010. White stripes are now available for 2011.

R

Ok I am with ya on the years, but this is a 07-09, so....?

Many people have a hard time with the Flat Black stripes, so they change them. It is not that the other color stripes look bad, they are just not "correct" as offered by SA.

Ebay example below, a beautiful looking Super Snake..............

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shelby-GT500-Super-Snake-725hp-Blue-Stripe-Rare-Options-/130431255151?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e5e4f026f

In the future, and as it is now with a collectable/valuable car, when a larger $$$ buyer is looking for a "correct car", they will either not pay as much for "incorrect", or pass on the car completely.

R

Once the car is SS'd it is the owners choice of what to do. What makes it a real Super Snake is the CSM tag and matching door sill and dash plate. If you have those then it is a real Super Snake with owner modifications, but still real. I haven't changed my stripes as I have not only gotten used to them, I love them now. I have made small add ons that I send in to the register so they are documented.

Cheers

Brett

So has this guy devalued his car by putting aftermarket stripes on the car even though it is an authentic SS ? It seems to me like a lot of money to be gambling with.

At this time it is not devaluing the car because they are not holding their original value as it is, they are still declining. Once they hit the bottom, which most likely will be many years from now, then "correct" and "incorrect" will become an issue to the serious big $$$ buyers who watch collector car markets and see the Super Snakes on the rise.

Right now it is not a big deal, BUT, that being said, it is sure funny how the "incorrect" stripes are the first thing that is pointed out, AND the question is...........what is the owner willing to gamble when it is time to sell the car in the near future (next 5-8 years). Stripes, correct or not correct, seem to be a concern to many, even now.

Restriping the car, not a big deal, but then the question will be are they the "correct" stripes? Will a correct Super Snake stripe kit be offered to SS owners from Shelby in the future? GT-H owners are having a hard time getting correct Gold stripes for their Hertz cars, and the people who are "in the know" can quickly identify incorrect GT-H stripes, even now.

R

Archived