TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Braided Steel Hydraulic Line for Clutch

slbgtsc

For those that may be getting ready to replace your clutch you might want to take a look at this.

My link

I was going to Purchase this one from CJ's

My link

but why pay more?

Just a thought as the hard plastic line is not really best suited for High Performance Cars like ours.

For those that may be getting ready to replace your clutch you might want to take a look at this.

My link

I was going to Purchase this one from CJ's

My link

but why pay more?

Just a thought as the hard plastic line is not really best suited for High Performance Cars like ours.

Would be nice to know more about the differences between them. They do not appear to be the same thing even if they accomplish replacing the same part. Has anyone used the one from JPC?

Would be nice to know more about the differences between them. They do not appear to be the same thing even if they accomplish replacing the same part. Has anyone used the one from JPC?

I will let you know about the JPC piece as I ordered it yesterday. The main difference is the JPC unit is a braided steel line from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder which gives you more flexability in routing. The FRP is a hybrid of steel and flexible line that is a direct replacement for the stock plastic line which means you have to route it the same way. Either has to be a huge improvement over the stock plastic line that expands with heat.

Braided line came in today here is a picture of the JPC item. Going in tomorrow so the tranny and clutch issue will be fixed, however SGT3184 is still down with a bad rearend (waiting on a new set of 3.73's from FRP).

parts.jpg

parts.jpg

Here is a blurry blackberry photo of the braided line installed. It has not been connected to the slave unit yet. The tech routed it a little different than stock to keep it away from the heat. It will be zip tied in place once he gets it connected. For $60 Ford should use a better product than the cheezy plastic hose that comes on the car. It will be interesting if their is a different feel to the clutch.

IMG00043.jpg

IMG00042.jpg

IMG00043.jpg

IMG00042.jpg

CJPony parts concerns:

Nut on my 410s came loose and burned up outer pinion bearing. Ordered 410s and gear install kit from CJPonyparts (free shipping - wow). Install kit was shipped to my US pickup town and the I found the FRRP 410s were back ordered. Wasn't told this at the time of order. Canceled 410s and ordered from another online and they were shipped and delivered within three days and only two days after the CJPonyparts $ 85.00 ring and pinion install kit. Had some other pieces ordered for my Mustang and boat to the same US location. Made a special trip to pick all items up and to my disappointment the $ 85.00 ring and pinion install kit I was expecting turned out to be a small box from CJPonyparts containing a dirty greasy folded differential gasket and a small pastic bag containing a few pinion spacers. There were no bearings, races, seal or any of the items in a real master install kit and all those items wouldn't even fit in their little box. Talk about disappointment. Couldn't wait to drive the 60 + miles home to call CJPony about this. The person I spoke to wanted a photo of the box and items so I sent him one. The end result was they reimbursed my credit card and did not take any extra steps to get an install kit quickly to me and now said they would have to order it. I lost $.50 in the credit card transactions with Us/Can exchange rate. CJPonyparts is a terrible company to deal with and it has absolutely no "goodwill" built into their system. They do not go the extra step to try and rectify their screwup as many other companies do. I will never buy from them again and will definitely not recommend to anyone.

I did order the install kit from another US Muscle car dealer at a cheaper price and for $ 24.00 more for shipping had it in two days. At least I got it and with GREAT SERVICE.

CJPony parts concerns:

Nut on my 410s came loose and burned up outer pinion bearing. Ordered 410s and gear install kit from CJPonyparts (free shipping - wow). Install kit was shipped to my US pickup town and the I found the FRRP 410s were back ordered. Wasn't told this at the time of order. Canceled 410s and ordered from another online and they were shipped and delivered within three days and only two days after the CJPonyparts $ 85.00 ring and pinion install kit. Had some other pieces ordered for my Mustang and boat to the same US location. Made a special trip to pick all items up and to my disappointment the $ 85.00 ring and pinion install kit I was expecting turned out to be a small box from CJPonyparts containing a dirty greasy folded differential gasket and a small pastic bag containing a few pinion spacers. There were no bearings, races, seal or any of the items in a real master install kit and all those items wouldn't even fit in their little box. Talk about disappointment. Couldn't wait to drive the 60 + miles home to call CJPony about this. The person I spoke to wanted a photo of the box and items so I sent him one. The end result was they reimbursed my credit card and did not take any extra steps to get an install kit quickly to me and now said they would have to order it. I lost $.50 in the credit card transactions with Us/Can exchange rate. CJPonyparts is a terrible company to deal with and it has absolutely no "goodwill" built into their system. They do not go the extra step to try and rectify their screwup as many other companies do. I will never buy from them again and will definitely not recommend to anyone.

I did order the install kit from another US Muscle car dealer at a cheaper price and for $ 24.00 more for shipping had it in two days. At least I got it and with GREAT SERVICE.

That stinks! I've only ordered a few things from them and they've always delivered, but I'ver never had a return.

Update Halle is still at the dealership. Clutch line has been repalced, new pilot bearing, now I'm just waiting for the gears to get setup so i can driver her. Had to order the 3.73's from www.buyfordracing.com as the ford dealership was backordered on the gears. Maybe monday or tuesday.

Got the car back last night and the clutch feels good with the braided line. Clutch feels a tad stiffer but I haven't driven a stick car in two weeks so it may all be just my perception. We have a track day coming up in two weeks so we'll see how it holds up after it gets hot. It only makes sense that the braided line will be less likely to expand and get air in the system.

it's a nice upgrade, but not needed. how many oem lines have failed? much like the 6P big brakes, again nice upgrade, but not needed. if you have the $$$$ to burn go for it.

It all depends on what you do with your car... if your Shelby is just street driven you're probably right

Thanks for the CJ link SLBGTSC I sent it off to a buddy that curtainly is going thru his tremac and installing a fresh clutch while it's out. I wish I had replaced my line when my aluminum wheel and performance clutch were installed

it's a nice upgrade, but not needed. how many oem lines have failed? much like the 6P big brakes, again nice upgrade, but not needed. if you have the $$$$ to burn go for it.

Actually the reason Ford Racing Developed the braided line was because heat issues in the FR500 program. If you drive your car on the street then you would never have an issue, but if you drag race or road race your car you can run into problems. Once air gets into the system it is difficult to remove and a $70 line is cheap compared to a new clutch.

Archived