TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Broke Atternator

Dear All,

Last Saterday I was on a pokerrun with the Dutch Mustang Club. In the middle of the run my radio went dead! After i turned it back on i saw in my display low battery.

I turned of the headlights, ac and the navigation. Couple minutes later my TCS & ABS fails. One minute later all the airbags are off! Finaly everything stopped!

I got it neutral and a couple people had to push me too the parking lot! After waiting for a hour on a terras of a restaurant the triple A came! Told me that my alternator was broken down!

The men arrange for a pick up!

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

and the movie

I got 40690 miles on my car!

Sorry to hear about your alternator, but when you get your car back check for damage to your. Noiticed they strapped your car down by running the straps through the wheels not good.

lol sorry the title says atternator. was noy sure what he was talking about. alternator i got it.

Is that some special part for the GT-H cars? I checked, and my KR didn't come with an atternator. Is this an OEM part? I also don't even see it in the J C Whitney catalog. Is this bolt-on, or do I have to do any drilling? How much more HP will this really give me?

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist this)

Is that some special part for the GT-H cars? I checked, and my KR didn't come with an atternator. Is this an OEM part? I also don't even see it in the J C Whitney catalog. Is this bolt-on, or do I have to do any drilling? How much more HP will this really give me?

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist this)

don't blame u :hysterical:

Sorry I am dutch and made a typo! I have changed it! Thx

Its all good. Just poking a little fun.

I haven't heard of an alternator going bad with only 41,000 miles before. Seems like if they are going to go bad, it will happen early, within the first couple of thousand miles, or much much later.

Will you be able to get a new/rebuilt one over there, or will they have to order it from the states?

Good luck

BTW, I really love the black color with the gold stripes. Very sharp!

• 1 month later...

Archived