TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bikes, Blues & Hot Rods Too

Dennis Brown

2ND ANNUAL BIKES, BLUES & HOT RODS TOO:

• October 2, 2010
  • Registration starts at 9am, ends at noon
  • Entry fee to be judged is only $15
  • Classic cars & trucks, street rods, tuners, newer cars with style & low riders welcome
  • 104 trophies and over $5000 in cash & prizes
  • Bob Gary will MC and provide music and games all day
  • Walking poker run inside NWA Mall
  • Judging starts at noon, awards at 4pm

Where:

Arkansas Music Pavilion

Northwest Arkansas Mall

Fayetteville, Arkansas

Just Off I-540 & HWY 71

Map of Location

The event Web site:

http://www.bikesbluesandhotrods.com/carshow.html

2ND ANNUAL BIKES, BLUES & HOT RODS TOO:

• October 2, 2010
  • Registration starts at 9am, ends at noon
  • Entry fee to be judged is only $15
  • Classic cars & trucks, street rods, tuners, newer cars with style & low riders welcome
  • 104 trophies and over $5000 in cash & prizes
  • Bob Gary will MC and provide music and games all day
  • Walking poker run inside NWA Mall
  • Judging starts at noon, awards at 4pm

Where:

Arkansas Music Pavilion

Northwest Arkansas Mall

Fayetteville, Arkansas

Just Off I-540 & HWY 71

Map of Location

The event Web site:

http://www.bikesblue...om/carshow.html

Are you going to this one? I friend of mine is seting up a display with a 68 GT350 Vert, 69 GT350 and a 69 GT500 Vert. I'm going to bring my KR.

Dennis

Hey Dennis!

I haven't decided.

To be honest, the spring one, to me, was completely BORING from a participant standpoint. It's a very long, I mean if you get there early you're in for 8 hours of sitting on parking asphalt. Eight hours without a whole heck of a lot to do!

At the last show they parked the cars way too close, as if they expected 1000's, so there was really no place to set up your chair or cooler. There was no music and the band weren't playing until the evening after the show. There were no activities, 50/50, raffles, I mean seriously not a single thing to do after you parked. Remember we're talking 8 hours! I could only walk around the cars so many times or go in the mall so many times. I hope this time it's different.

Then there was the judging...let's just say that I usually don't worry too much about winning anything, at 31 trophies (1st Place at Eureka Springs) I have enough for a lifetime, and more awards then shelf space, and to me it's really about having a good time but for so many reasons I just came away with a REALLY bad taste in my mouth.

We'll see how I feel about it Friday night, but at this time I think I'd rather go to my daughter's soccer game, than sit there for 8 hours bored out my mind to drive someone else's concession sales.

All this said I may drive down later to check out the show as a spectator so I'll look for you! The KR is my favorite of all, has been since I saw the long term test prototype in Chicago prior to launch, so I always welcome a chance to see one!

If you go good luck...but bring a good book just in case!!

:salute:

Hey Dennis!

I haven't decided.

To be honest, the spring one, to me, was completely BORING from a participant standpoint. It's a very long, I mean if you get there early you're in for 8 hours of sitting on parking asphalt. Eight hours without a whole heck of a lot to do!

At the last show they parked the cars way too close, as if they expected 1000's, so there was really no place to set up your chair or cooler. There was no music and the band weren't playing until the evening after the show. There were no activities, 50/50, raffles, I mean seriously not a single thing to do after you parked. Remember we're talking 8 hours! I could only walk around the cars so many times or go in the mall so many times. I hope this time it's different.

Then there was the judging...let's just say that I usually don't worry too much about winning anything, at 31 trophies (1st Place at Eureka Springs) I have enough for a lifetime, and more awards then shelf space, and to me it's really about having a good time but for so many reasons I just came away with a REALLY bad taste in my mouth.

We'll see how I feel about it Friday night, but at this time I think I'd rather go to my daughter's soccer game, than sit there for 8 hours bored out my mind to drive someone else's concession sales.

All this said I may drive down later to check out the show as a spectator so I'll look for you! The KR is my favorite of all, has been since I saw the long term test prototype in Chicago prior to launch, so I always welcome a chance to see one!

If you go good luck...but bring a good book just in case!!

:salute:

I know what you mean I was thinking last year that they had a live band during the day and a lot of vendors.

Does anybody know how many Shelbys will be there, and if we could have a spot to ourselves? I'm tempted to bring '09 up from Fort Smith, but don't want to end up being stuck next to ricers and such like usual. It would be cool to meet up with some other Shelby owners though.

Does anybody know how many Shelbys will be there, and if we could have a spot to ourselves? I'm tempted to bring '09 up from Fort Smith, but don't want to end up being stuck next to ricers and such like usual. It would be cool to meet up with some other Shelby owners though.

Last year there was about 5 shelby's I do not think they have there own parking though. Last year there was noi any ricers either.

I would be FAR more excited if we had a group going. We could meet at a central location at a set time and drive in together.

Jeff, that sounds like a cool idea to me. It would be pretty sweet if several Shelbys and other cool Mustangs all arrived at once.

How was the show? Fun for all? Any pictures? Did you guys meet up?

I got sick and did not make it my dad took his 57 chevy up there and he left early because there was some many people there. There is a car show next week end in Gentury that I 'm plainning on going to it is for the fire department so be alot of fun for the whole family there we be a carnival also. I will post more info when I get it.

Dennis

Gentry Fire Department Show you Ride October 10th.

Sky Divers

Live Music

Talent Contest

Food and Drink

Burn-out Contest

Safari Petting Zoo

Inflatables for Kids

Proceeds go to benefit the Gentry Fire Department.

$15 for one vehicle and $10 for every vehicle after first.

www.gentryfire.org/

How was the show? Fun for all? Any pictures? Did you guys meet up?

I thought the show was pretty good. It didn't hurt that I brought a trophy home. I didn't take very many pics because there were so many people there that is was tough to get any good ones. Nobody met up that I know of. I asked a couple of different people if they were any of you guys, but the weren't. The Gentry show sounds fun, but I'll be in St. Louis this weekend.

I thought the show was pretty good. It didn't hurt that I brought a trophy home. I didn't take very many pics because there were so many people there that is was tough to get any good ones. Nobody met up that I know of. I asked a couple of different people if they were any of you guys, but the weren't. The Gentry show sounds fun, but I'll be in St. Louis this weekend.

VERY COOL!

Congratulations!

Gentry Fire Department Show you Ride October 10th.

Sky Divers

Live Music

Talent Contest

Food and Drink

Burn-out Contest

Safari Petting Zoo

Inflatables for Kids

Proceeds go to benefit the Gentry Fire Department.

$15 for one vehicle and $10 for every vehicle after first.

www.gentryfire.org/

Sounds like a good cause and smaller shows are often more fun!

I have me drill weekend this weekend so I can't make it otherwise I would. :-(

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys do something please let me know if you can remember. I need a good reason to escape from north central Arkansas to unlease one of my stangs and have some fun.

Thanks,

Scotty

If you guys do something please let me know if you can remember. I need a good reason to escape from north central Arkansas to unlease one of my stangs and have some fun.

Thanks,

Scotty

Will do. they are calling for the low twentyes by next week end

Dennis

Archived