TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GoPro HD Motorsport camera

I'm thinking about getting one. I know the on-screen menu is very hard to use, but other than that any issues?

How does it work in changing light conditions? Low light?

Anything else I should know?

I do, its a bit hard to use but, the quality is outstanding. Best Buy

I bought it for SAAC-35, thought it was all charged up when I got there, it wasn't :banghead:

I used it yesterday for the first time. I had to take pics underwater (floor of a swimming pool), and they turned out really good for what I needed.

I haven't used the car mount yet, suppose I could try it this weekend, and let you know.

It isn't very intuitive (or maybe I'm just a simple man), plus the lack of a screen (especially using it handheld) gives you no idea if what you're trying to shoot, is centered or not cut off.....

During SAAC-35 Wine Country Motorsports located at Sears Point (Infineon) had them for $50.00 less than direct from the manufacturer.

So my review up to now....not complete...

I bought it for SAAC-35, thought it was all charged up when I got there, it wasn't :banghead:

I used it yesterday for the first time. I had to take pics underwater (floor of a swimming pool), and they turned out really good for what I needed.

I haven't used the car mount yet, suppose I could try it this weekend, and let you know.

It isn't very intuitive (or maybe I'm just a simple man), plus the lack of a screen (especially using it handheld) gives you no idea if what you're trying to shoot, is centered or not cut off.....

During SAAC-35 Wine Country Motorsports located at Sears Point (Infineon) had them for $50.00 less than direct from the manufacturer.

So my review up to now....not complete...

I like the fact you can charge them with the new phone chargers

I have the GoPro HD. Once you get accustomed to how the menus work, it is not that hard to use. My son and I have used it at a few track events (We take a laptop with us so we can download the files at the track and see what we got) . It takes great video. I would highly recommend it.

I have the Go Pro HERO version that I purchased for use at the track...

Here is a sample from Mid-America 2009...

The picture is a little jumpy, as the front bumper flexed a little more than I was expecting...

Overall, a good camera for what it does... Enjoy!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Archived