TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motor Trend: 2011 Shelby GT350 First Drive

^I suppose they could be considered cute to a guy in a '10 GT500, especially on the road course, considering how small they appear in the distance ahead of you. ;)

That would be a blast! I'd enjoy watching those two duke it out in the rear view mirror of my 2009.

:doh::salute:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd enjoy watching those two duke it out in the rear view mirror of my 2009.

:doh::salute:

What from the parking lot??? Obviously you've never seen one on a track. All it takes is one ride and you will have a different opinion. I've had a ride in just about every model Shelby made, except the Don Purdomme. The 350 hands down will kick all their asses. Maybe not on a Daytona speedway, but on any road course.

The first 100 GT350s are equipped with Eibach coilovers. Fay's 2 Watt's Link is a factory option.

The 2011 Mustang platform has a lot more chassis stiffening and a Z brace connecting the unibody to the K member.

Another enhancement is the close ratio 6 spd.

I will find out first hand as soon as I get the call that mine is ready!

Is it an option on all the cars after the first 100? I dont see it listed as an option on the PDF flyer

Bring it to the bash......................

That would be a great show for all to see.

Roger

If the stars are in perfect alignment at that point in time - absolutely.

Fate, at least as of late, usually chooses otherwise. As in January I'd be lucky to make it two blocks with the snow we get here in Upstate, NY. But hey, maybe global warming will kick into high gear.

My fingers are crossed.

:superhero:

^I suppose they could be considered cute to a guy in a '09 GT500, especially on the road course, considering how small they appear in the distance ahead of you. ;)

In reality most of us won't see one in person on the road for several years if ever. I might get to see one at Shelbyfest? So when I do see one, he will be getting bigger.

The key is being happy with what you have and knowing you don't have to have the latest and greatest to be happy. There will always be bigger, badder, lighter, faster and younger.

• 3 weeks later...

In reality most of us won't see one in person on the road for several years if ever. I might get to see one at Shelbyfest? So when I do see one, he will be getting bigger.

The key is being happy with what you have and knowing you don't have to have the latest and greatest to be happy. There will always be bigger, badder, lighter, faster and younger.

As each year passes the ( sports car / muscle car ) used car market just gets better and better. A used 06 Z06 @ $41K is one hell of a car . 11.6 1/4 mile, top speed 198 and 3120 lbs WOW. How about a used SGT or GT500 or Challenger . Not your choice then how about a Viper or Camaro, it just gets better each year and affordable . It's great to be a CAR nut. Can you imagine 5 years from now !! Shelby keep up the great job and don't look back .

Archived