TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fontech's SPEC Stage 3 Clutch and Shelby Short Throw Stick

Fontech

This is my 3rd time driving to Alex's Shop for service. The weather was perfect for the drive, except for the time that I had to leave at 5:00am in the morning. Alex's Shop is a little less than 90 miles away and I was able to enjoy the morning weather. I have added and new mod last week. My soft boot has been upholstered to match my stripes. The Legend Lime color and the Gold color are very hard to match. The material I picked was the best choice and is a lot better that having just black material on my stang.

I arrived at Alex's Shop just after 6:30am and Garrett was there pulling out Michael's MyWickedShelby) SGT. No sooner than Michael's SGT was out; my stang was on the lift. Garrett need to relook at my engine bay to verify that my KillerGlass would have enough play to be able to move when he dropped my engine. All was GOOD.

My whole exhaust system needed to be removed to get to the tranny that shortly there after was removed.

My stock flywheel and clutch was both very blue, due to the torture I have put my stang through the last couple of years with the Paxton and the clutch it's self was destroyed. Yes destroyed. This definitely needed to be done before the Terlingua Cruise next week. The flywheel was able to be resurfaced and is ready for the road trip. Due to the delay with the resurfacing, I spent the night in Palm Springs.

Tom

Arriving with the new soft boot

2010SPECStage3andShelbyShortThrowStick_001.jpg

2010SPECStage3andShelbyShortThrowStick_002.jpg

Exhaust removed

2010SPECStage3andShelbyShortThrowStick_015.jpg

2010SPECStage3andShelbyShortThrowStick_016.jpg

2010SPECStage3andShelbyShortThrowStick_017.jpg

Tranny out

2010SPECStage3andShelbyShortThrowStick_003.jpg

2010SPECStage3andShelbyShortThrowStick_007.jpg

Looks like another great job, BTW while you were standing around, it looks like some of the trash cans could have been taken out to the dumpster and throw away some of that trash on top of those cars, make yourself useful Tom and help clean up that place :D

LOL....no hard driving until clutch is broken in and bedded for 200 miles.

Rick (pottydr) we have been so busy with car after car, there hasn't been time to clear alot of the junk out of the shop...Garbage cans fill up fast....since Tom lefft today, I picked up Michael's SGT up from getting clear braed, and another SGT came in for some work for a track event this weekend. Hopefully I will be able to get my own car on the lift before Terlingua to do a coupel things....hehe

Alex

The new soft boot looks great Tom. How did you even make it there with that clutch?

I agree with Rick (Pottydr), you could have at least taken out the trash for Garrett... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Dan

I was going to take out the trash. Ask Garrett. The only issue was that the gate to the left of the property is broken and I would of had to gone all around the property to the dumpster.

Alex wants me to give my limited comment on the SPEC Stage 3 and Shelby Short Throw Shifter.

Well, with the only 90 miles driven with them both, the SPEC does have more of a launch than the stock clutch. My stang does want to take off quicker. The clutch feels smooth, not too hard and very comfortable on the left leg.

I need to get use to the Short Throw. I am now about 5 inches less arm distance when I shift. My knucled now, do not slam into the A/C Controls. This is good. Again, I have only 90 miles of R&D and will have more of a feel after Terlingua, TX next week.

Tom

Yes, the new shifter takes some getting used to. The Shelby short throw is the shortest throw of any one made for the 5 speed and 6 speed transmissions. I can't believe with all Tom's mods on his car, that he shtill had the stock long throw on it...LOL

Alex

Archived