TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SA FINISHES SHELBY GT500 427 SUPER SNAKE AND 40TH ANNIVERSARY PACKAGES

I continue to add to the "paperwork documentation" of mine. There was a recall on the '07s (#08C02 - Reprogram Restraint Control Module) from Ford. I have never taken mine in for this work as it's not drivable and I don't want to trailer it in just to have a Tech get fingerprints somewhere on the car :baby: About every 6 months or so, I get an official recall notice from Ford asking to get this work done. I just slip the new notice in a protective cover and add it to the "documentation binder". Hmmm -- maybe someday Ford will make home service calls???:drool:

I have not taken mine in either. That's all I need is for some guy at the dealer to re-program my car. The more info I find out about your car the more I agree with your position to not drive it at this point. Fun stuff, either way.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Warren,

John Allen has it spot on. The 40th is the DNA of all post title packages. Terlingua's, KR's, and 40th's will be the most sought after modern ShelbyGT 500 cars 30 years plus IMO. GT 350 will also have a spot, but probably behind the 40th. The good news is Shelby will make more stuff for the GT350. We are proud of our step child heritage.

Wouldn't the '06 GT-H Hertz's be the DNA of all post title packages, as it (and the '07 GT-H) came before any of the others?

Keith

I know of two other one of a kind. The first one is Franks 40th prototype XL000X, Ron Pratt missed that one.The other one has never been discussed on the forums and I will leave that up to the owner to post. As far as Super Snakes go SSSNAKE, I haven't followed them , so I don't know of any one of a kind.

I know of a few 1 of 2 cars, such as John Kellers 427 KR Sprint Cup Series Sams town 300 pace car, and there were two 427 Super Snake pace cars at the race.

Sorry, I was wrong on the two KR cars. There was only one at the race and the other three were Super Snakes. One of which was a Sams Town car and the other two 427 cars. I would say John's KR is a one of one. That would make the Sams Town SS a one of also. :redcard:

They should of had a XL pace car? :banghead: Left out again...

Sorry, I was wrong on the two KR cars. There was only one at the race and the other three were Super Snakes. One of which was a Sams Town car and the other two 427 cars. I would say John's KR is a one of one. That would make the Sams Town SS a one of also. :redcard:

They should of had a XL pace car? :banghead: Left out again...

Oh, i thought they had a XLth in the race (musta been a KR) ; but yeah, I would guess a 427-KR would be a rare one.

The 40th is the DNA of all post title packages. Terlingua's, KR's, and 40th's will be the most sought after modern ShelbyGT 500 cars 30 years plus IMO. GT 350 will also have a spot, but probably behind the 40th.

They are not GT500s just Mustang GTs. Not to take anything away from the car, I think they are beauties.

Guess I was a little confused since you included the V6 Terlinguas and the GT350s in the GT500 discussion...

I'd still tend to believe the renewal of interest in the modern Shelby Mustangs was led by the '06/07 GT-H's.

jmo.

Keith

Guess I was a little confused since you included the V6 Terlinguas and the GT350s in the GT500 discussion...

I'd still tend to believe the renewal of interest in the modern Shelby Mustangs was led by the '06/07 GT-H's.

jmo.

Keith

No argument there!!

jmo.

Keith

If we are going down that road, I do belive the CS6 and CS8 were before the GT-H Keith? :headscratch: This one is close.

• 1 month later...

Warren,

John Allen has it spot on. The 40th is the DNA of all post title packages. Terlingua's, KR's, and 40th's will be the most sought after modern ShelbyGT 500 cars 30 years plus IMO. GT 350 will also have a spot, but probably behind the 40th. The good news is Shelby will make more stuff for the GT350. We are proud of our step child heritage.

John A, does have a 40th that has not been titled, I've seen it. This will be the most rare and valuable of all the 40th's, if his grandkids don't wreck it and cause him to turn over in his grave. My grandkids won't have that problem if I keep driving it at 160 MPH plus in south Texas!

edit: Ok, Ok, I know the Terlingua is not a GT500, but the logic is still there.

Beaumont is near Houston? I'm there for some training in January, so we should get together for coffee(?). In fact, I travel quite a bit, so I should make it my goal to meet as many 40th owners as possible... :superhero:

Beaumont is near Houston? I'm there for some training in January, so we should get together for coffee(?). In fact, I travel quite a bit, so I should make it my goal to meet as many 40th owners as possible... :superhero:

Next time your're in the San Francisco Bay Area... We have a few 40th guys here.

Vogon,

When r u planning on being in Beaumont? Don lives there. How long will u b in TX? There r 3 of us 40ths here in Houston and the Blue Bunny is here also.

I am gone a little in January and will be going to the bash, but we can try to get a gathering of 40th and blue bunny's.

• 4 weeks later...

Will we ever see the numbers for the 07 SGT's since their build out was complete 3+years ago?? I'm not just talking about manual vs. auto or white vs. black, i'm asking about all the ford options?

You do not read our responses, this is clear by your post. We have them and have for some time. Are we ready to relase them? No! Not at this time. How and when we release them will be in our timeframe and the forum will know when that is.

Roger

Does the "subject to change" clause include mod shops that arbitrarily omit parts (that are current package parts at the time of the build) and install incorrect badges?

Sorry, not trying to come across as indignant as this is a serious question.

No it does not. It means a Mod Shop did not complete the build to specifications. Kind of difficult as they were all checked and signed off on by Shelby. It is not unlike a shop to then modify to the customers preference. The customer can very easily promote the car as a 1 of 1 as it has been seen on this forum on a few occasions.

Roger

No it does not. It means a Mod Shop did not complete the build to specifications. Kind of difficult as they were all checked and signed off on by Shelby. It is not unlike a shop to then modify to the customers preference. The customer can very easily promote the car as a 1 of 1 as it has been seen on this forum on a few occasions.

Roger

PM Sent

• 2 weeks later...

So what is the last possible time tomorrow (31 Dec) I can contact Shelby American Sales at (702) 942-7325 or via email at sales@shelbyamerican.com to order up a 40th Anniversary package?

Waiting on the counteroffer to sell my house in FL to be finalized, then who knows...

Keith

So what is the last possible time tomorrow (31 Dec) I can contact Shelby American Sales at (702) 942-7325 or via email at sales@shelbyamerican.com to order up a 40th Anniversary package?

Waiting on the counteroffer to sell my house in FL to be finalized, then who knows...

Keith

Are they open tomorrow?

ur killing me Keith!!!

Sherri ~ not working on a flare for the dramatic here, things just coming together in last week or so...

Unfortunately, the car comes second in this case; got to do the deal :poke: on the house before committing.

And it's killing me too :unsure:

Anyway, Have a Happy New Year!

Keith

Happy New Year to the SAI and TeamShelby Gang!

Counter offer on house accepted... 40th Package Reservation submitted on Dec 31st at 6:21 pm EST.

Keith

Congrats Keith! What number r u going with?

Glad all came together for you..

Happy 2011 to you!

Thanks Sherri...

Will get the details when I speak to SAI on Monday afternoon. Don't yet have any clue about sequence number or potential build/delivery dates.

Just happy to be in line at this point!

All the best in 2011!

Keith

Happy New Year to the SAI and TeamShelby Gang!

Counter offer on house accepted... 40th Package Reservation submitted on Dec 31st at 6:21 pm EST.

Keith

Keith,

it's a good thing I'm not at Shelby. The business day ends at 5:00 p.m. which means you're to late to be in the 40th exclusive club. Just kidding. You're most likely the last in the series. Make sure you are the last build as well! I'd wait to make sure. Congratulations again. You're going to love the car.

Keith,

it's a good thing I'm not at Shelby. The business day ends at 5:00 p.m. which means you're to late to be in the 40th exclusive club. Just kidding. You're most likely the last in the series. Make sure you are the last build as well! I'd wait to make sure. Congratulations again. You're going to love the car.

CobraFan -- The 3 hour time zone difference worked in my favor.... my reservation submission at 6:21 EST arrived at 3:21 PST, well ahead of the close of the business day :happy feet:

Thankfully, SAI had a plan in place to receive these requests on the last day of eligibility. I'm expecting to confirm the details later today.

Keith

CobraFan -- The 3 hour time zone difference worked in my favor.... my reservation submission at 6:21 EST arrived at 3:21 PST, well ahead of the close of the business day :happy feet:

Thankfully, SAI had a plan in place to receive these requests on the last day of eligibility. I'm expecting to confirm the details later today.

Keith

Keith,

Good show. :happy feet: Ask Roger for a hard copy of your email with the time stamp for your documentation. The scrapbook will look great with your email on one side and Roger's on the other. The only difference being the time sent and the time received, proving you made it by 5:00 p.m. and you are officially the very last 40th Anniversary. Not quite JA's unregistered 40th, but a very special place in the history of the resurrection of the GT500.

Keith,

Good show. :happy feet: Ask Roger for a hard copy of your email with the time stamp for your documentation. The scrapbook will look great with your email on one side and Roger's on the other. The only difference being the time sent and the time received, proving you made it by 5:00 p.m. and you are officially the very last 40th Anniversary. Not quite JA's unregistered 40th, but a very special place in the history of the resurrection of the GT500.

Could only hope to the have the "last"... but I'll take what I can get for now. Won't have the CSM# until Weds I think. It may not be the last (highest) CSM, but I'm not in a real hurry to get the car back, so SAI can take their time. Would be fine with me if it were the last delivery though.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Received notification my CSM# is 07XL0235.

Planning for a Feb delivery to SAI and hopefully a March pick up. Maybe on my birthday like I did in '07 when I took delivery of my GT500!

Ok, how may folks besides me placed a 40th order on Dec 31st?

Keith

Archived