TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SA FINISHES SHELBY GT500 427 SUPER SNAKE AND 40TH ANNIVERSARY PACKAGES

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In case you didn't see this :redcard:

SHELBY AMERICAN FINISHES SHELBY GT500 427 SUPER SNAKE AND 40TH ANNIVERSARY PACKAGES

8/31/2010

http://www.shelbyaut.../news.asp?id=58

This is interesting. :redcard: Everyone with the 40th Package, did you get everything listed on th list of features? I sure DID NOT!!!:rant2::busted:

This is interesting. :redcard: Everyone with the 40th Package, did you get everything listed on th list of features? I sure DID NOT!!!:rant2::busted:

Hello John,

I believe we never received the door handle?

Are we missing anything else?

This is why the registry is so important, to list the particulars of every 40th and how many were made like yours.

The good news is the end of production and finding out how many were made.

My guess is the 300 mark.

Todd

You would think after all these years they would take those parts off the list .I didn't get the door handles, door lock knobs and arm rest cover. Bud said way back they were working something out and would be in the mail soon. They did the same thing with the 427. They did update that list,but the original package will always be worth more than the replacement package. I see SA is nearing completion of these two and will schedule completion by the end of 2010. I have no regrets with my 40th and think after nearly 4 years and 70 miles it's time to drive it a little more. I'm even thinking about Tulsa .

What they took off the 427

1 427 hat and t-shirt

2 chrome plated die cast 427 model

3 Autographed tequila bottle by CS

4 427 stripe addition

5 Embroidered head rests

6 Engraved 427 Edition sill plates

7 Tickets to the race

8 Parking passses

9 Breakfast at the Shelby Cafe

10 Name listed in Nascar race program

11 Tour of Las Vegas Motor Speedway

12 Open day at LVMS drag strip

Todd, 300 is a good guess.

Don.

As I remember, door handles were removed from the package some time ago (they were decals). All the other items were still to be included but as I see others have experienced, my installer omitted a number of "package" items as well; but they're "working on it" (since November of 2009).

I believe I was speaking to Steve a few weeks ago and he (tentatively) confirmed my suspicions that the total number of 40th’s was less than 300. (Sorry Steve if I got this wrong).

But the end of the program is great news for us as we will always have one of the rarest Shelbys on the planet! :peelout:

I see SA is nearing completion of these two and will schedule completion by the end of 2010. I have no regrets with my 40th and think after nearly 4 years and 70 miles it's time to drive it a little more. I'm even thinking about Tulsa .

I would say it's time to drive it A LOT more. Why not? I went on a three hour drive yesterday and it seemed liked 10 minutes. As much as we all like to look at our cars and clean them, driving simply can't be beat.

Your car will get dirty and at some point will get the paint chipped but it is well worth it. :peelout:

I would say it's time to drive it A LOT more. Why not? I went on a three hour drive yesterday and it seemed liked 10 minutes. As much as we all like to look at our cars and clean them, driving simply can't be beat.

Your car will get dirty and at some point will get the paint chipped but it is well worth it. :peelout:

I couldn't agree more!!! You all keep driving your 40th's till the wheels fall off :hysterical3: That way in a hundred years, when historians are looking for a 40th Anniversary GT 500, my Grabber Vert #1 of the 15 which has never beed registered, titled, or driven will net my great grandchildred millions $$. happy%20feet.gif

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I couldn't agree more!!! You all keep driving your 40th's till the wheels fall off :hysterical3: That way in a hundred years, when historians are looking for a 40th Anniversary GT 500, my Grabber Vert #1 of the 15 which has never beed registered, titled, or driven will net my great grandchildred millions $$. happy%20feet.gif

It's a deal :shift:

Andy, I worked hard the last 40 years for a few nice things and I'm just afraid some jerk will run into it.:rant2: I have read so many war stories the last few years on TS. :read: I worry about it when I trailet to a car event. :cry: I do enjoy working on her while drinking a few:beerchug: and listening to 60's songs.:dance: Last time I had her out was a blast and even got pulled over.happy%20feet.gif That was the time stangfever was with me. :finger: First ticket in 20 years.:busted: I'm just to old to control myself. banana%20piano.gif

Andy, I worked hard the last 40 years for a few nice things and I'm just afraid some jerk will run into it.:rant2: I have read so many war stories the last few years on TS. :read: I worry about it when I trailet to a car event. :cry: I do enjoy working on her while drinking a few:beerchug: and listening to 60's songs.:dance: Last time I had her out was a blast and even got pulled over.happy%20feet.gif That was the time stangfever was with me. :finger: First ticket in 20 years.:busted: I'm just to old to control myself. banana%20piano.gif

Drive it 'til the wheels come off, you cannot worry about if someone is going to drive into you, in fact, that could happen even if you trailer it.

The man himself, Carroll Shelby says they need to be driven! Man sez, "drive the car, I'm drivin' the car"

That being said, I had my 18 year old deliver my '68KR to me up at SAAC-35 which was a 105 mile drive. Was I worried about him, no, he understood what was a stake, and has the proper respect for it.

Hey John, I'm curious what kind of maintenance you do? I start the engine a couple times a month but less in the summer because its so hot down here .I have gone though 4 five gallon gas cans. Change the oil last fall for the first time. Put most my miles on in Hermann at Shelby Fest and Mobile on the Hot Rod Power Tour. When I bought an extra set of Razors and had them widen to 11" with 305/30's took it out and had a blast ( tires still don't hook in 2nd). I have done a few things on her that only goes with my car ( valve covers with CSM number ). Any Mods I do I always keep the car so it can be returned to original, no drilling, keep all original bolts and parts. Are there any more nuts in the less then 100 mile club?

I'm considering getting rid of the parts SAI took off, I don't think they will ever serve a purpose. :headscratch:

Don

Hey John, I'm curious what kind of maintenance you do? I start the engine a couple times a month but less in the summer because its so hot down here .I have gone though 4 five gallon gas cans. Change the oil last fall for the first time. Put most my miles on in Hermann at Shelby Fest and Mobile on the Hot Rod Power Tour. When I bought an extra set of Razors and had them widen to 11" with 305/30's took it out and had a blast ( tires still don't hook in 2nd). I have done a few things on her that only goes with my car ( valve covers with CSM number ). Any Mods I do I always keep the car so it can be returned to original, no drilling, keep all original bolts and parts. Are there any more nuts in the less then 100 mile club?

I'm considering getting rid of the parts SAI took off, I don't think they will ever serve a purpose. :headscratch:

Don

I start mine twice a month and bring the engine up to operating temp. I have Stable in the gas tank but other than that not much. It had 13 miles on it when delivered to me from SAI and now has 20. I "drove" it thru our subdivision twice. It's kept in a climate controled garage. I know there are a lot of opinions out there as to the "proper" thing to do but that's all I'm doing for now. I am getting a lift to "stack" some cars and at that time, I think I'll probably put the 40th in a CarCapsule.

I don't know what to do about the take-off parts either. They are a pain in the butt for storage yet going to the extreme I have with the car, I think the "original" parts are part of the cars history.

I too have purchased aftermarket Shelby #ed stuff for the car but have not installed any of it. It just becomes part of the "history " package.

Take Care,

John

I say drive the car.

You'll do all those preparations and have one of the cleanest cars around, only to have someone get it after you pass and do to it what you should've done......and that's drive it. Life's too short, drive hard !!

I agree, time to drive it Don its just way to much fun! :shift: I have 6500 miles on mine about 2500 of which since the 40th package. I have to admit I am more careful about where I go and park now that I have the 40th package. The most fun are road trips and car events but I do take the wife out for a coffee in the middle of the day for fun around town. Always get lots of thumbs up. If I keep it waxed and take it out on a nice day it is not hard to keep clean. Just blow it off with the compressor and maybe some detail spray and put it back in the garage. Good to go.

Don

What I do for winter storage is clean it, change the oil & filter, stabilize the fuel, put an extra 5 psi in the tires, hook up the battery to the battery tender, put the cover on and leave it up on the lift out of the way. I end up doing this twice since I take it to the Bash in Jan. I consider the way the car came back from Vegas after receiving the 40th package as its new stock condition. I have sold most of the take off parts. I do save the parts when I do my own mods so I can put it back to the way I received it from Shelby Autos.

I would think twice about the car capsule, I heard Grabbers car is not very happy being inside one of those things. :angry22::rant2::hysterical::hysterical:

:hysterical2:

I say drive the car.

You'll do all those preparations and have one of the cleanest cars around, only to have someone get it after you pass and do to it what you should've done......and that's drive it. Life's too short, drive hard !!

++

I only get about 3900 sunny hours a year to drive, I have to work 1134 of those hours, if I can driver another 30 years (hope hope) that only leaves me with 84,000 hours to drive the Shelby. Drive life is even shorter

In 100 years everyone will be flying personal aircraft and your Shelby will be scrap metal.........

and your legacy will say........he washed it and waxed it until it was worth nothing and undriveable........no more pump gas.....

sorry I couldnt resist, thats a beautiful car you have......I think.......no one has ever seen it! :hysterical:

again j/k.....enjoy your car the way you see fit! :salute:

Bob, I'll make a deal with ya. I think the time has finally arrived to celebrate the end of 40th production.banana%20piano.gif What would be better than to get all Team 40th and 40th cars together at a central point like Tulsa for a reunion?:party2: Your are our leader, and I know you can do it . I would bet John would even show up with his beautiful no milage car in a trailer.:cheerleader: If you can pull this off I will drive my car all over the place after I take it off the trailer .:hysterical: It would be a blast to meet all you guys and seeing Team 40th cars together.:drool:

I say drive the car.

That's what the 2011 is for. Had it 2 months and it has 11,000 miles on. :peelout::peelout:

Bob, I'll make a deal with ya. I think the time has finally arrived to celebrate the end of 40th production.banana%20piano.gif What would be better than to get all Team 40th and 40th cars together at a central point like Tulsa for a reunion?:party2: Your are our leader, and I know you can do it . I would bet John would even show up with his beautiful no milage car in a trailer.:cheerleader: If you can pull this off I will drive my car all over the place after I take it off the trailer .:hysterical: It would be a blast to meet all you guys and seeing Team 40th cars together.:drool:

Hmmmm -- lets see -- I'll put a hitch on the '11 to tow the '07 -- Yep!! I'll be there!!!happy%20feet.gif

I would really love to go to Tulsa, especially for a 40th reunion and to see your car Don!! :happy feet: It was not in the cards for me this year but I heard they had a great time!! Lets see what we can do and see who else would be willing to make the trip next June. I will send something out soon to gauge interest. :party2:

Thanks Bob, I know it's a long drive for some and it's hot there in June but I really feel we are a very special group . There is no other Shelby that has more horsepower ( right Cobrafan? ) than the 40th ( Prudhomme don't count ) and the only thing the KR has over us is production numbers. :hysterical: We have our own comedian ( Andy) and there is even a girl member ( Sherri ) . You guys out West get together and our friends in Texas do the same but nada from the Northeast and Southeast. We need someone from TN ( Chris ) to motivate those folks

This would be a great opportunity for SA and CS to back up the first 40th Anniversary reunion and show we are not the forgotten ones. :rant2: Mrfarmdog could even make up some sort of sicker for the event. Just a thought.

I know you guys love your 40ths, and PLEASE dont take this as a knock, cuz it isnt at all; but next year, when they bring out the 2012 45th package, do you think in 30 years people will see a 40th worth more than a 45th, and what is your logic for thinking they will?

Seriously, Im just asking what the rationalization is the 40th will be worth millions when so many of these cars were made....Im just not understanding what a "40th" anniversary means vs. a 25th anni or a 50th anni(I hearby acknowledge CS didnt make a 25th or 50th yet,).....is there a connection I am unaware of with CS and 40 year anniversaries? I guess I could understand it if there was a four year run, and you had the only round number manufacture.

I know the one of 300 argument, but I have the same argument with the red stripe package, dont I? Why the 40th, and not the 427 SS, or the Terlingua, or the SGT/SC?

I only ask because now I face the same situation with the GT350 being a 45th since it is an '11. Will my '11 be worth more than a '12 down the line? What am I missing here?

Guys, please no flames...Im not dogging you AT ALL. Its a serious question I have, and want to know what the deal is.

Archived