TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SA FINISHES SHELBY GT500 427 SUPER SNAKE AND 40TH ANNIVERSARY PACKAGES

I only ask because now I face the same situation with the GT350 being a 45th since it is an '11. Will my '11 be worth more than a '12 down the line? What am I missing here?

The only thing for certain is that it will be worth more than a Shelby Dodge. And just to show everyone I'm not pickin on the Dodge boys I'm also certain that Dubbs 45th anniversary GT350 will also be worth more than the 20th Anniversary GT350 :lol2:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know you guys love your 40ths, and PLEASE dont take this as a knock, cuz it isnt at all; but next year, when they bring out the 2012 45th package, do you think in 30 years people will see a 40th worth more than a 45th, and what is your logic for thinking they will?

Seriously, Im just asking what the rationalization is the 40th will be worth millions when so many of these cars were made....Im just not understanding what a "40th" anniversary means vs. a 25th anni or a 50th anni(I hearby acknowledge CS didnt make a 25th or 50th yet,).....is there a connection I am unaware of with CS and 40 year anniversaries? I guess I could understand it if there was a four year run, and you had the only round number manufacture.

I know the one of 300 argument, but I have the same argument with the red stripe package, dont I? Why the 40th, and not the 427 SS, or the Terlingua, or the SGT/SC?

I only ask because now I face the same situation with the GT350 being a 45th since it is an '11. Will my '11 be worth more than a '12 down the line? What am I missing here?

Guys, please no flames...Im not dogging you AT ALL. Its a serious question I have, and want to know what the deal is.

The 40th came first. Everything else came later. The 40th marked the revival of the GT 500 with Ford and Shelby as a team again. I'm not going to debate future value cause only the crystal ball knows for sure. The value for anything is only as good as a buyer and seller agree on at that particular time anyway. Just my opinion??

The 40th came first. Everything else came later. The 40th marked the revival of the GT 500 with Ford and Shelby as a team again. I'm not going to debate future value cause only the crystal ball knows for sure. The value for anything is only as good as a buyer and seller agree on at that particular time anyway. Just my opinion??

I agree with you John.

Also the red stripe package was a Ford Shelby GT 500 package not a package made by SA and not in the SA registry.

Our 40th Shelby GT 500 was the first package made by SA and will be registered in the SA registry.

This and what I think is a fact that there are 300 hundred or less made(my guess) and the different 40th packages available during the run.

The other packages were a minimum of a 1000 made like the KR.

This should make our 40th Shelby GT 500 the RAREST Shelby GT 500 made to date from SA.

Especially the 15 made for the 40th Anniversary party.

Todd

Well, no question the "15" are going to be special, but I was wondering about the overall package value. Im just wondering if there is a barometer for measuring future desireability say 20 years down the line. Seems that many of the 40th owners truly believe the value will be considerably more on the 40th. i guess my train of thought going forward guessing is - well, John, you are a perfect example actually: Your daily driver is what I have in mind, and what I think is the best GT500 ever made. So 25 or 30 years from now, wont people want the best performing GT500s, and will the 2007 GT500 40th package be any different from the 2012 GT500 45th? Or do you think it will come down to taste in body styles?

Bottom line is will "buyers" and collectors really make a distinction for the first package of the new cars? Or will the split always be the early models vs. late models where we all get lumped together?

Well, no question the "15" are going to be special, but I was wondering about the overall package value. Im just wondering if there is a barometer for measuring future desireability say 20 years down the line. Seems that many of the 40th owners truly believe the value will be considerably more on the 40th. i guess my train of thought going forward guessing is - well, John, you are a perfect example actually: Your daily driver is what I have in mind, and what I think is the best GT500 ever made. So 25 or 30 years from now, wont people want the best performing GT500s, and will the 2007 GT500 40th package be any different from the 2012 GT500 45th? Or do you think it will come down to taste in body styles?

Bottom line is will "buyers" and collectors really make a distinction for the first package of the new cars? Or will the split always be the early models vs. late models where we all get lumped together?

Yes

I didn't bring up the GT350 because it's not in the same group as the 40TH,SS,and KR. Someone ( who dat ) said last week " The body kit sucks, too much badging, the engines going to blow up, blah, blah blah." :hysterical2: The 07-09's will have more value and collectability than any other starting in about 10 years. Also the Trelingua is very special, but that could change a little if SA decides on doing something with the V6,such as the GTS. Fact is, Shelby had their best years in 07-09 and will never happen again.

Warren, you do have a nice Shelby coming, but it's not a 40th.

Didn't I read here, or somewhere, that the new management at Shelby is considering getting out of the post title "kit/conversions" production and concentrate on aftermarket parts and kits sales only?? If so, that would definitely help boost or retain the value of our cars. I don't remember where I read this???:headscratch:

Thanks John!

Yeah, its been said they are moving away from that, but then I talked to John Luft, and they are going forward with new builds anyway. I dont see them passing up the opportunity to sell 45th packages for the 2012. Then again, anything could happen, and there are a few game changing variables that have to be considered.

I guess with all the what ifs I know about, it puts doubt and pause into what I beleive will be desirable and collectable.

Thanks John!

Yeah, its been said they are moving away from that, but then I talked to John Luft, and they are going forward with new builds anyway. I dont see them passing up the opportunity to sell 45th packages for the 2012. Then again, anything could happen, and there are a few game changing variables that have to be considered.

I guess with all the what ifs I know about, it puts doubt and pause into what I beleive will be desirable and collectable.

Well, if nothing else, all the mystery and suspense in it self may add value to our cars???:shrug::shrug:

Just and FYI, the interior door handles were not handles but adheasive stuck to the handles. They did not pass any quality std. and were eliminated.

If you look closely at all print material for every vehicle we convert or produce you will see the sentance "Shelby reserves all rights. Pricing and content subject to change".

Roger

I agree with you John.

Also the red stripe package was a Ford Shelby GT 500 package not a package made by SA and not in the SA registry.

Our 40th Shelby GT 500 was the first package made by SA and will be registered in the SA registry.

This and what I think is a fact that there are 300 hundred or less made(my guess) and the different 40th packages available during the run.

The other packages were a minimum of a 1000 made like the KR.

This should make our 40th Shelby GT 500 the RAREST Shelby GT 500 made to date from SA.

Especially the 15 made for the 40th Anniversary party.

Todd

The rarest Shelby is the 2006 GTH 5 spd. cars at 4, next is the 2007 GTH 5 spd. cars at 18, then the Shelby GT-C at 213. Then again Shelby GT/SR at 1, Shelby Turbo car at 1 Shelby SR at 1. For the Shelby GT-500 less 25 GT-500 SE's less than 300 427 Pkgs. with some being as rare as 2 in their configuration. While it is rare in terms of numbers it is not the rarest.

Roger

The rarest Shelby is the 2006 GTH 5 spd. cars at 4, next is the 2007 GTH 5 spd. cars at 18, then the Shelby GT-C at 213. Then again Shelby GT/SR at 1, Shelby Turbo car at 1 Shelby SR at 1. For the Shelby GT-500 less 25 GT-500 SE's less than 300 427 Pkgs. with some being as rare as 2 in their configuration. While it is rare in terms of numbers it is not the rarest.

Roger

Thanks Roger for getting us some numbers. The first batch are not GT500's so were not counting those. B)

It would be nice to see the final numbers on the 40th's when you get them.

Andy

Roger

I think my 08SC 'vert is an orphan, too...

Roger

So if I am reading this correctly.

The only GT500 that are are rarer then the 40th is GT500SE's which SA is still making so we will not have an exact count untill that run is over. We do not know if the 300 427 pkgs are rarer because we still do not have a count on how many 40th were made?

There were some very rare 40th in there configuration such as the 40th super snake.

Looking forward to getting the # of 40th made.

Thanks Roger!

This will be the project, to finalize numbers, the first quarter of 11 after the build out is complete. We will have them.

Roger

Will we ever see the numbers for the 07 SGT's since their build out was complete 3+years ago?? I'm not just talking about manual vs. auto or white vs. black, i'm asking about all the ford options?

In 100 years everyone will be flying personal aircraft and your Shelby will be scrap metal.........

and your legacy will say........he washed it and waxed it until it was worth nothing and undriveable........no more pump gas.....

sorry I couldnt resist, thats a beautiful car you have......I think.......no one has ever seen it! :hysterical:

again j/k.....enjoy your car the way you see fit! :salute:

Are you suggesting that Shelby won't be modding personal aircraft? :eek5:

Just and FYI, the interior door handles were not handles but adheasive stuck to the handles. They did not pass any quality std. and were eliminated.

If you look closely at all print material for every vehicle we convert or produce you will see the sentance "Shelby reserves all rights. Pricing and content subject to change".

Roger

Does the "subject to change" clause include mod shops that arbitrarily omit parts (that are current package parts at the time of the build) and install incorrect badges?

Sorry, not trying to come across as indignant as this is a serious question.

Will we ever see the numbers for the 07 SGT's since their build out was complete 3+years ago?? I'm not just talking about manual vs. auto or white vs. black, i'm asking about all the ford options?

Let me check on that salute.gif

I'm assuming you are talking about SAT Radio, IUP, NAV, Cloth Interiors, etc???

I'll do my best, but remember I am just the messenger angry2.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

Let me check on that salute.gif

I'm assuming you are talking about SAT Radio, IUP, NAV, Cloth Interiors, etc???

I'll do my best, but remember I am just the messenger angry2.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

Exactly what I'm looking for! i.e. How many Black manuals with Charcoal Leather, Shaker 1000, Sat, IUP, Active Alarm, & Wheel locks?

I know the one of 300 argument, but I have the same argument with the red stripe package, dont I? Why the 40th, and not the 427 SS, or the Terlingua, or the SGT/SC?

Warren,

John Allen has it spot on. The 40th is the DNA of all post title packages. Terlingua's, KR's, and 40th's will be the most sought after modern ShelbyGT 500 cars 30 years plus IMO. GT 350 will also have a spot, but probably behind the 40th. The good news is Shelby will make more stuff for the GT350. We are proud of our step child heritage.

John A, does have a 40th that has not been titled, I've seen it. This will be the most rare and valuable of all the 40th's, if his grandkids don't wreck it and cause him to turn over in his grave. My grandkids won't have that problem if I keep driving it at 160 MPH plus in south Texas!

edit: Ok, Ok, I know the Terlingua is not a GT500, but the logic is still there.

Warren,

John A, does have a 40th that has not been titled, I've seen it. This will be the most rare and valuable of all the 40th's, if his grandkids don't wreck it and cause him to turn over in his grave. My grandkids won't have that problem if I keep driving it at 160 MPH plus in south Texas!

edit: Ok, Ok, I know the Terlingua is not a GT500, but the logic is still there.

I know for a fact there are CSM numbered Shelbys that are one of a kind, and I'm not talking about color and different SAI options.These cars are very hard to find today and years to come will keep going up in value. Johns car being first and only 40th with an MSO is a perfect example of one.

There were some very rare 40th in there configuration such as the 40th super snake.

I'm going to assume that you are referring to the '07 SS's with front 40th badges (an option) of which there where many.

The 40th's with SS upgrades were an animal with different stripes (literally); (or maybe that's what you meant). They will be much rarer and it will be interesting to find out how many.

I know of two other one of a kind. The first one is Franks 40th prototype XL000X, Ron Pratt missed that one.The other one has never been discussed on the forums and I will leave that up to the owner to post. As far as Super Snakes go SSSNAKE, I haven't followed them , so I don't know of any one of a kind.

I know of a few 1 of 2 cars, such as John Kellers 427 KR Sprint Cup Series Sams town 300 pace car, and there were two 427 Super Snake pace cars at the race.

I know of two other one of a kind. The first one is Franks 40th prototype XL000X, Ron Pratt missed that one.The other one has never been discussed on the forums and I will leave that up to the owner to post. As far as Super Snakes go SSSNAKE, I haven't followed them , so I don't know of any one of a kind.

I know of a few 1 of 2 cars, such as John Kellers 427 KR Sprint Cup Series Sams town 300 pace car, and there were two 427 Super Snake pace cars at the race.

I think which ever cars become a "1 of 1" will be derived by accident as it would be too exhausting to try to establish one on purpose although we've all tried. :)

I know for a fact there are CSM numbered Shelbys that are one of a kind, and I'm not talking about color and different SAI options.These cars are very hard to find today and years to come will keep going up in value. Johns car being first and only 40th with an MSO is a perfect example of one.

I continue to add to the "paperwork documentation" of mine. There was a recall on the '07s (#08C02 - Reprogram Restraint Control Module) from Ford. I have never taken mine in for this work as it's not drivable and I don't want to trailer it in just to have a Tech get fingerprints somewhere on the car :baby: About every 6 months or so, I get an official recall notice from Ford asking to get this work done. I just slip the new notice in a protective cover and add it to the "documentation binder". Hmmm -- maybe someday Ford will make home service calls???:drool:

I continue to add to the "paperwork documentation" of mine. There was a recall on the '07s (#08C02 - Reprogram Restraint Control Module) from Ford. I have never taken mine in for this work as it's not drivable and I don't want to trailer it in just to have a Tech get fingerprints somewhere on the car :baby: About every 6 months or so, I get an official recall notice from Ford asking to get this work done. I just slip the new notice in a protective cover and add it to the "documentation binder". Hmmm -- maybe someday Ford will make home service calls???:drool:

Sir, your's is an obvious exception to my post above. :yup:

I think which ever cars become a "1 of 1" will be derived by accident as it would be too exhausting to try to establish one on purpose although we've all tried. :)

Sir, your's is an obvious exception to my post above. :yup:

Oh, I couldn't agree with you more on your first comment. Only time will tell what car or cars are determined to be "special" or desirable by future collectors and enthusiast. As far as my car is concerened, we don't even know if the "Party of 15" will be in some registry or not. 10 or 20 years from now, people could just be "the what?? never heard of it??"

And by the way, "Sir" is my Dad, I'm just John :hysterical:

Archived