TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tint recommendation

jrichard

I'd like to get some tint.

1. Can anyone recommend a good tint shop in the Sacramento or greater Bay Area?

2. Can you recommend a certain type or brand of tint. Dyed/non-dyed; Metallicized/non-metallicized; this brand v. that brand, etc. Also, do I need to worry about radar/laser detector or gps (inside antenna) effectiveness with particular types or brands?

I know some of this has been covered in past threads, but I'm confused.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I'd like to get some tint.

1. Can anyone recommend a good tint shop in the Sacramento or greater Bay Area?

2. Can you recommend a certain type or brand of tint. Dyed/non-dyed; Metallicized/non-metallicized; this brand v. that brand, etc. Also, do I need to worry about radar/laser detector or gps (inside antenna) effectiveness with particular types or brands?

I know some of this has been covered in past threads, but I'm confused.

Thanks!

i am getting mine done fri this guy is the best he told me that if you get your windows tinted to make sure the person puts the felt pc on the doors or as much the windows go up and down the plastic pc thats on the dr panels well scratch the tent iam in wa state if you want to know what i end up getting let me know fri night

i am getting mine done fri this guy is the best he told me that if you get your windows tinted to make sure the person puts the felt pc on the doors or as much the windows go up and down the plastic pc thats on the dr panels well scratch the tent iam in wa state if you want to know what i end up getting let me know fri night

Go to moleskin.com i think thats the name of web site were you can purchase the window felts they were rated one of the best for installation and so on . Removal of the door panels is required but its basic and straight foward hope this helps and good luck...

New Question:

I will not be racing my Shelby GT in competition but I would like to participate in track days. Do the tracks or clubs allow you to participate with tinted windows? I could see why they wouldn't and I will have to make a decision if they don't.

Thanks,

Chris

post-7908-1174362394_thumb.jpg

post-7908-1174362394_thumb.jpg

had my shelby windows tinted can see car at nicetint.com and click on galley my car is there with the tint he used

I have a dumb question. Does the tint interfere with the rear widow defroster in any way?

Thanks, IAGT500

Had limo tint on mine for about 5 months now.... no felt and no problems... roll the windows up and down alot. no scratches anywhere yet.

3M OFFERS A FELT PC THAT GOES ON THE DR PANELS AND THAT WELL KEEP THE WINDOWS CLEAN THE GUY THAT DID MY SHELBY PUT THEM ON WHEN HE INSTALLED THE TINT THE COST 30.00 A SIDE

Archived