TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHIPPING

CITYSOUND

DOES anyone know about delivery delays, my car has been sitting at newark nj for about 2 weeks now. it seems as rhough they cant get it on a truck to be delivered to ct. is this normal or should i start to worry, car has been hot ticketed and still no results.car was originally produced on aug 20 and ended in nj on sept 8. any help would be appreciated. also i had called the trucking company that the car was released to and they claim that they dont have it. called ford and they stated was released on ramp 41 to them. can not seem to get any info from there

DOES anyone know about delivery delays, my car has been sitting at newark nj for about 2 weeks now. it seems as rhough they cant get it on a truck to be delivered to ct. is this normal or should i start to worry, car has been hot ticketed and still no results.car was originally produced on aug 20 and ended in nj on sept 8. any help would be appreciated. also i had called the trucking company that the car was released to and they claim that they dont have it. called ford and they stated was released on ramp 41 to them. can not seem to get any info from there

Did you have this car specially built for you? If you filled out all paperwork and made this car just for you then it is called a retail order. All retail orders get priority over the cars made for general dealership stock. Im guessing this is general dealer stock that you bought?

My car is scheduled for delivery this Monday. I inquired about having the car marked 'hot' as they say but was told by the dealer and trucking company that it cannot get any hotter than a retail order. My dealer will not receive one of his general stock (he will but delayed) because of my delivery. If there are a lot of retail orders at the trucking company they will all go before yours otherwise it's usually first come first serve.

It doesn't sound normal for the trucking company to claim they don't have it...not sure what to say about that.

Maybe your dealer doesn't have other cars to deliver and the company is waiting to fill up a truck before sending it?

If yours is indeed a retail order (marked on your invoice/order form) than I'm not sure what to say.

i think i mentioned to you a while ago, that some of our memebers had trouble getting cars out of Newark to points East.My memory tells me tha last guy was Capt Jim of our forum.It is weird thought that the hsipping company says they dont have the car--cant your dealer clear that up for you??The ponly other option is to see if you can pick it up yourself--youll have to sign your life away as far as damage etc---good luck

Did you have this car specially built for you? If you filled out all paperwork and made this car just for you then it is called a retail order. All retail orders get priority over the cars made for general dealership stock. Im guessing this is general dealer stock that you bought?

My car is scheduled for delivery this Monday. I inquired about having the car marked 'hot' as they say but was told by the dealer and trucking company that it cannot get any hotter than a retail order. My dealer will not receive one of his general stock (he will but delayed) because of my delivery. If there are a lot of retail orders at the trucking company they will all go before yours otherwise it's usually first come first serve.

It doesn't sound normal for the trucking company to claim they don't have it...not sure what to say about that.

Maybe your dealer doesn't have other cars to deliver and the company is waiting to fill up a truck before sending it?

If yours is indeed a retail order (marked on your invoice/order form) than I'm not sure what to say.

Archived