TEAM SHELBY FORUM

EA Shelby Terlingua to be auction at Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas.. Portion of the proceeds to benefit the Carroll Shelby Foundation

You could own the star of the Need for Speed Video Game! The EA Shelby Terlingua will be sold at the Barrett-Jackson Auction Las Vegas! A portion of the Proceeds benefit the Carroll Shelby Foundation!

In 2008, Electronic Arts (EA) the worlds leading interactive entertainment company and Shelby American collaborated to include a special version of the Shelby Terlingua Mustang in the racing game “Need for Speed – Undercover”. As part of the game, players could unlock the “NFS Shelby Terlingua” after achieving certain milestones. To promote this wild new car, Shelby American built a real life version that mirrored its virtual counterpart. Only one “NFS Shelby Terlingua” was ever built, which toured the country as part of the game’s introduction. The ‘virtual’ Need for Speed Terlingua has since appeared in a number of other EA releases and continues to virtually captivate a new generation of Shelby enthusiast worldwide.

The car is based on the wild, irreverent Terlingua Racing Team that was started in the 1960’s by Shelby American. The racing team was named for a tiny town close to the border between Texas and Mexico where legend Carroll Shelby and his buddies would unwind after spending weeks with Ford engineers designing and racing his famous Mustangs. Since then, the TRT went underground and was championed by serious gear heads that craved unbridled fun and speed the world over.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own and actually drive the game car on the road. The Shelby NFS Terlingua is a complete departure from anything Carroll designed during his days at Ford. The EA and Shelby team began with a V6 Ford Mustang coupe then added 20-inch custom rims, a roll bar, carbon fiber seats, Hurst short-throw shifter, Ford Racing exhaust, a new set of dash gauges, stronger suspension, an aerodynamic body kit and a supercharger that nearly doubled its output. The car is lightweight, fast and extremely entertaining to drive. Signed by Carroll Shelby and with the one-off blacked out paint scheme, it will be the only NFS Shelby Terlingua in the world, as noted in the official Shelby Registry.

A portion of the sale of this car will benefit the Carroll Shelby Foundation (CarrollShelbyFoundation.org). The Carroll Shelby Foundation was created by legendary racer and automotive manufacturer Carroll Shelby to provide financial support for children and medical professionals to help overcome life-threatening health issues and promote continuing education.

With over the 110 million games sold, Need for Speed is the best-selling racing brand in the gaming world. Need for Speed is a driving force for innovation in the racing genre and is known for delivering unparalleled white-knuckle racing, creative customization and street style. Since its inception in 1994, the Need for Speed series has generated over $2.7B in life-to-date sales and has become a powerful pop culture phenomenon.

NHRA_CHRR_08_DL_1409.JPG

Picture1.jpg

SHIFT_VSB_720_MB_06.jpg

Picture3.jpg

NHRA_CHRR_08_DL_1375.JPG

NHRA_CHRR_08_DL_1519.JPG

NHRA_CHRR_08_DL_1399.JPG

NHRA_CHRR_08_DL_1523.JPG

NHRA_CHRR_08_DL_1409.JPG

Picture1.jpg

SHIFT_VSB_720_MB_06.jpg

Picture3.jpg

NHRA_CHRR_08_DL_1375.JPG

NHRA_CHRR_08_DL_1519.JPG

NHRA_CHRR_08_DL_1399.JPG

NHRA_CHRR_08_DL_1523.JPG

The need for speed car along with two other cars from Shelby American should cross the block Saturday afternoon/early evening. They should make the SpeedTV coverage.

Steve

Thanks, Steve!

You KNOW I'll be there!

Jer

I live across the street from EA's Los Angeles offices. I have seen this car a few times driving through Playa del Rey. One of EA's execs lives in North Manhattan Beach and must have driven it home a few times. I've seen it parked in front of his/her garage a few times too. Really cool car! But I like mine better :-).

AJ

Just think, if I were out there picking up another car at the same time, I could stay over and bid on this one too....hmmm

You guys think my wife would kill me?

I subscribe to the "one car per road trip" rule. LOL.

I'm actually going to the B-J auction to try to surprise my wife with a kickass El Camino (her dream car).

Last year, I played possum, expecting the prices to be out of my range. I felt dumb when I saw cool stuff sell for GREAT prices.

Wish me luck!

Jer

Hey guys are you allowed to walk around and look at the car and hang out. or do you pay to get in. I would love to just hang out and see what goes on. Thanks

You have to pay to get in. Tickets are on the BJ web site or at "the door".

Jer, if you're buying you have to register as a bidder, which I think is $500 plus you have to have finance data (show a line of credit to your bid limit). If you're serious about bidding you should start that work today. You might get it during the auction but I think you have to have a special BJ endorsed credit card.

I had to supply this even when I was selling as sellers also get bidders credentials.

Bidders get block access so you can get some good pics...

You have to pay to get in. Tickets are on the BJ web site or at "the door".

Jer, if you're buying you have to register as a bidder, which I think is $500 plus you have to have finance data (show a line of credit to your bid limit). If you're serious about bidding you should start that work today. You might get it during the auction but I think you have to have a special BJ endorsed credit card.

I had to supply this even when I was selling as sellers also get bidders credentials.

Bidders get block access so you can get some good pics...

Yup, thanks for the info.

I'll know before this weekend is out whether or not my wife is up for it... we have enough cars already, so if I get it for her, she'll have to give one up, gotta make sure she's on board...

Kinda kills the "surprise" element, but there's only so much space in the driveway/garage.

Jer

Took some time to get the knack of it.......tons of torque......need to quick shift, she gets up on the limiter very quickly......

I thought it was a great car.......very nice package..........

After building and driving the first car (mine :D ), my suggestion to Vince and Gary D. was to add a shift light. Having raced motorcycles (poorly), I got used to the red shift light. You are right, it hits the limiter much sooner than you would expect. I didn't do the mod on my car because I want to keep it as original as possible. But if my car was just a general customer car, I would add it in a heart beat.

At a certain point I was playing with an '05 350Z, that had the adjustable shift light from the factory. I thought that was the nicest touch....

AJ

Since most of the money is going to charity, I hope somebody with deep pockets steps up and makes a generous bid....

Agreed!

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Archived