TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Door Sill Plates: Now available through SPP

robertlane

Hopefully mine come today. Like to get them installed before my hunting trip.

Since you already pulled the SVT plates, It'll take you 5 minutes for both, including the wipe-down. :)

To those who haven't pulled your SVT plates yet, it's really quick and painless. I used two, small flatblade screwdrivers to gently pry up one end of the plate near the corners. Go slowly, and you'll start to hear the sticky tape underneath letting loose. Once you get the end up about a 1/16" or so, run a foot long piece of 20# test fishing line under the plate, and work it back & forth in a sawing motion. I'll take a minute or two at the most. Get all the way to the other end of the original sill plate, and it''l lift right off, probably leaving most of the sticky tape on the sill plate (mine did). You'll only need to pick off any high spots or lumps of goo, before slappin' the new KR plates into position.

BTW - My original SVT plates came off completely unharmed. :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ours arrived today. :happy feet:

It took less than 5 weeks for us which works well as Donna's birthday is in a couple of weeks and these will be one of her presents. Now it will be a couple of weeks before I can post any pictures.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

This question is for anyone who installed their sill plates: Are your sill plates flush all around on installation? Mine appear to be 1/16" too long so it actually is raised on one end. I may have to remove them and have my uncle shave it down just a hair in order for them to fit flush all around. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow which shows what I'm talking about.

This question is for anyone who installed their sill plates: Are your sill plates flush all around on installation? Mine appear to be 1/16" too long so it actually is raised on one end. I may have to remove them and have my uncle shave it down just a hair in order for them to fit flush all around. I'll try to take a pic tomorrow which shows what I'm talking about.

I had to carefully file the ends of one to make it fit properly. Easy enough. :)

Maybe there is a discrepency in your plates. Mine were exactly sized the same as the OEM and fit the plastic sills just the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

THEY'RE FINALLY HERE..!!

Better than sex..? No, but they sure are purdy. :)

5172722384_96bf9127da_b.jpg

Hey Oldlugs, I was combing through this thread since I finally got around to ordering a set of these and I noticed your CSM number....well, it's not a full CSM number. Did you photoshop that or is that they way they came??

On another note, has anyone else replaced the entire plastic sill? I know everyone say's it's easy, but I was just curious about cost to get new plastics.....would make for easy swap to "original" if needed for certain shows.

Hey Oldlugs, I was combing through this thread since I finally got around to ordering a set of these and I noticed your CSM number....well, it's not a full CSM number. Did you photoshop that or is that they way they came??

On another note, has anyone else replaced the entire plastic sill? I know everyone say's it's easy, but I was just curious about cost to get new plastics.....would make for easy swap to "original" if needed for certain shows.

I replaced the entire plastic sill just so I would have the original one. I do not remember what they cost.

Ok, thanks. I will check with my dealer....I am leaning the same way. Did they come with the SVT sills in them or could you get the plastic without any metal sills in them at all?

I'm sure they come without any sill plates at all. The plastic just has the word Mustang imprinted in the sill.

Yeah; you have to stamp the rest in yourself... ;)

Joking - Photoshopped it out. :)

Has anyone ordered these to compliment the plates?:

Sills.jpg

I have them on my 40th as they came as part of the package...I think it dresses them up even more without overdoing it. A good value at $30...But I am sure its not for everyone.

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody know the Ford part number for the black plasting sill cover that the aluminum plate mounts to? I would rather just replace both the black plastic sill cover and the aluminum plate at the same time rather than destroy the SVT plate trying to get it off of the cover.

I just ordered mine from the local Ford Dealership.

Driver Side: Part Number 5R3Z*6313208*CAC $56.22

Passenger Side: Part Number 5R3Z*6313209*CAC $55.35

Total Cost with tax was $121.72

Archived