TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Door Sill Plates: Now available through SPP

robertlane

2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR door sill plates are now available through SPP. :happy feet: These plates will feature the CSM # engraved into the plate itself.

As these are made one at a time, shipping time from date of order is approx. 4-6 weeks. We'll try to reduce this as best we can, but it's a manual process.

These can be ordered immediately through SPP by calling Wendy at 702-405.3500.

$119.00 per set. Only set allowed per vehicle.

60721.jpg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope. But my mother's brother's sister's aunts, counsin's aunt can get a red KR for low 50's. What you pay for yours? :hysterical3:

I paid about that for my KR a year ago while many folks are still paying close to that for a GT500. What did you pay for your GT500? :doh:

I paid about that for my KR a year ago while many folks are still paying close to that for a GT500. What did you pay for your GT500? :doh:

You mean a 11' GT500 that meets or exceeds many of the KR specs? :headscratch: Or do you mean a 07-09 GT500 with all the KR parts on it........except of course for that little silver plate on the core support? :hysterical:

You mean a 11' GT500 that meets or exceeds many of the KR specs? :headscratch: Or do you mean a 07-09 GT500 with all the KR parts on it........except of course for that little silver plate on the core support? :hysterical:

Either one. I noticed that almost all of your posts are in the KR forum so I assumed you had a GT500 or a KR. I guess I should presume from your screen name that you have a Bullitt, which is a very nice car and I think was very cool when it first came out. This debate has been hashed over for what seems like 100 times already on here. As one person said on here not long ago a new minivan will probably outperform a 1968 GT500KR but that doesn't make it desirable or even fun to drive. So, anyway an 11 GT500 will be desirable but it won't be a pre-title KR (to me) and a real KR can be purchased for less than a GT500 with the KR parts added and the cost of the KR parts will most likely not be recovered when that GT500 is sold. So, I still stand by my advice that if someone has the funds I would suggest that they buy a real KR rather than a GT500 made to look like a KR. So, the whole point here was not is a KR better than a GT500 (regardless of the year) but that I don't see the sense in adding the $10k worth of parts in that ebay listing to a non KR car. I like my car and you (I presume) like your car so the little digs about what did you pay for your KR or that the 11 GT500 excees the KRs specs are pointless to me and many other KR owners and do nothing but stir the pot for some reactions. So, you can post the one liners all you like but they don't add much to the discussion other than some minimal entertainment for me and some others on here.

Well, Hello, Frank. I figured you'd take the bait!!! :hysterical3:

I'm sure you could shop around and get a KR today for in the low 50's (probably a used KR with low mileage. I believe most dealers are still getting around mid $50Ks for new '08's and $60K for new '09 KRs. The economy is a disaster. Maybe some dealers you could probably drive an even better bargain. The values of nearly everything have taken a nose dive. So now's your time Frank to trade up to the KR. Strike while the iron's hot and all that.

I found a new 2008 Porsche GT2 for $160K. Never thought I'd see some of the prices I'm seeing.

Fact is, regardless of the fact that new KRs or used ones may be selling for less then a year ago, if they are, it doesn't matter to me . I bought th eKR because I loved it. I still thrilled I own it. BTW I paid $62K. Not a bad price even today.

The KR performance envelope is pretty impressive. Impressive enough for me and my other cars are an FGT, a 427 Shelby Cobra. and a Carrera 4S with PDK. The KR holds its own even in that company.

While the '011 and '012 GT500 is an awesome car no doubt and while the '012 GT500 may edge out a KR in performance one thing about the KR they can't match is its a pre title Shelby GT500KR with only 1600 KRs produced and as Speedyman aptly stated probably one of the best looking Mustangs of all time. . :happy feet:

Why else would guys who don't have KR's be forking over $$$$ for KR parts for their Mustangs. Wait, a minute, aren't you one of those guys Frank?.

BTW how did those KR hood pins come out on your car??? :yup:

Actually Paul, todays minivans are fun to drive, but still not quite as fast as the original KRs. :) My daily is a Toyota Sienna, and really is a great family car. While our KRs may or not perform any better than the newest GT500s, I still prefer its looks to any other from the '07-'09 Mustangs, except for the '08-'09 Bullitt, which I also have. They're both a blast, and I wouldn't swap either for a current Mustang, as nice and as fast as they are. I'm content having the cars I have...for now. :)

Agreed and I didn't mean to degrade you Sienna. I wouldn't trade my KR or Mach 1 for an 11 either.

69 Mach 1.BMP

69 Mach 1.BMP

60721.jpg

I'll be placing an order for a few parts this week. Obviously these are one of those items.

Thanks for listening to us KR owners....we've wanted these for quite some time !!

Thanks for the wait - we're trying.

No pics yet.

pic added to first and this post.

I've been told by the GT500 guys that these are available much cheaper on ebay. JK, couldn't resist.:hysterical:

:finger::)

Hey Robert. Where the picture(s)? Pretty please?

:lurk:

added

Well, Hello, Frank. I figured you'd take the bait!!! :hysterical3:

I'm sure you could shop around and get a KR today for in the low 50's (probably a used KR with low mileage. I believe most dealers are still getting around mid $50Ks for new '08's and $60K for new '09 KRs. The economy is a disaster. Maybe some dealers you could probably drive an even better bargain. The values of nearly everything have taken a nose dive. So now's your time Frank to trade up to the KR. Strike while the iron's hot and all that.

I found a new 2008 Porsche GT2 for $160K. Never thought I'd see some of the prices I'm seeing.

Fact is, regardless of the fact that new KRs or used ones may be selling for less then a year ago, if they are, it doesn't matter to me . I bought th eKR because I loved it. I still thrilled I own it. BTW I paid $62K. Not a bad price even today.

The KR performance envelope is pretty impressive. Impressive enough for me and my other cars are an FGT, a 427 Shelby Cobra. and a Carrera 4S with PDK. The KR holds its own even in that company.

While the '011 and '012 GT500 is an awesome car no doubt and while the '012 GT500 may edge out a KR in performance one thing about the KR they can't match is its a pre title Shelby GT500KR with only 1600 KRs produced and as Speedyman aptly stated probably one of the best looking Mustangs of all time. . :happy feet:

Why else would guys who don't have KR's be forking over $$$$ for KR parts for their Mustangs. Wait, a minute, aren't you one of those guys Frank?.

BTW how did those KR hood pins come out on your car??? :yup:

Captain Ahab. Why are you baiting me?

Moby Dick

PS I like the sills. Very nice!

Seems these threads get hi-jacked rather quickly. :rolleyes:

Sorry, it was probably my fault when I made a joke about the sills being on ebay. I probably shouldn't have made a joke but I don't get it sometimes. Like Frankbullitt. His profile says that he has made 55 posts and 47 of them have been in the KR forum. Does he have a KR, want a KR or is he turning his bullitt into a fake KR? I haven't read his 55 posts but I would suspect that most of them are short one liners that bash, poke fun at or include little digs about the KR. There are guys on many forums that seem to get some kind of pleasure out of derailing threads and stiring up debates and arguments. If his 47 posts are mostly constructive and provide insight and suggestions then I owe him an apology but the few that I've read have been abrasive. I would never search out a bullitt forum and start making comments on it about their cars nor do I have the time for that nor get any enjoyment from it. My whole point for months is that it seems that some folks are spending a lot of money customizing their cars with real KR parts when they can either get the same look with replica parts for a lot less money or buy a real KR for the same money.

Anyway, back to the topic. Does anyone know how the original sills are removed. I want to be careful when I take my SVT sills off so that I don't damage them. I'm trying to keep all of the take off parts in mint condition (not to sell but to keep in case I want to put the car back to as delivered condition)? Are they attached with double sided tape?

PaulW, I believe that there have been posts on this before. I believe that these are double-faced taped to the black plastic sills and that some members have removed the inserts by heating them with a hair dryer and using fishing line to draw between the inserts and the actual sills.

PaulW, I believe that there have been posts on this before. I believe that these are double-faced taped to the black plastic sills and that some members have removed the inserts by heating them with a hair dryer and using fishing line to draw between the inserts and the actual sills.

OK, I'll give that a try. thnx.

PaulW, if you ignore the "one liners", they usually go away. Getting you (and Real One) charged up is what keeps them coming back.

Ok, back to the topic. The advise about using a heat gun/hair dryer in conjunction with fishing string to "saw" through the double sided tape is your best bet for removing the SVT plate without damaging it. If you damage it during removal, it's a replaceable item you can get from your local dealer.

Sorry, it was probably my fault when I made a joke about the sills being on ebay. I probably shouldn't have made a joke but I don't get it sometimes. Like Frankbullitt. His profile says that he has made 55 posts and 47 of them have been in the KR forum. Does he have a KR, want a KR or is he turning his bullitt into a fake KR? I haven't read his 55 posts but I would suspect that most of them are short one liners that bash, poke fun at or include little digs about the KR. There are guys on many forums that seem to get some kind of pleasure out of derailing threads and stiring up debates and arguments. If his 47 posts are mostly constructive and provide insight and suggestions then I owe him an apology but the few that I've read have been abrasive. I would never search out a bullitt forum and start making comments on it about their cars nor do I have the time for that nor get any enjoyment from it. My whole point for months is that it seems that some folks are spending a lot of money customizing their cars with real KR parts when they can either get the same look with replica parts for a lot less money or buy a real KR for the same money.

Anyway, back to the topic. Does anyone know how the original sills are removed. I want to be careful when I take my SVT sills off so that I don't damage them. I'm trying to keep all of the take off parts in mint condition (not to sell but to keep in case I want to put the car back to as delivered condition)? Are they attached with double sided tape?

The best thing to do is to consider buying replacement black casings the door sills sit into. Many, including myself, have tried the hair dryer/fishing line thing and did get their sills off, abiet in less than perfect condition. You can pop off the black casing the sills sit in with realtive ease and save the whole piece, totally intack and un -damaged. The ford parts might cost you 70 bucks or so, last time I checked, but would be well worth it, if you want to save to originals and you want them mint. The sills are thin and fragile.

Anybody know the Ford part number for the black plasting sill cover that the aluminum plate mounts to? I would rather just replace both the black plastic sill cover and the aluminum plate at the same time rather than destroy the SVT plate trying to get it off of the cover.

Archived