TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Door Sill Plates: Now available through SPP

robertlane

Ordered mine last week...happy%20feet.gif

I need to start installing some of these things...

Oh by the way I just put my baby in hibernation in the Garage until a nice day comes about then I might wake her up for a spin. Got my New F250 KR last week J

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Fia Cobra said.

Didn't use braided line. Just 20 lb test I had. Turns out did it the same way Fia did. Used a razor utility knife to pry up a corner, got the fishing line under, sawed through in about 20 seconds. i didn't heat anything up. Just did it. Took about 5 minutes to do the whole job.

2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR door sill plates are now available through SPP. :happy feet: These plates will feature the CSM # engraved into the plate itself.

As these are made one at a time, shipping time from date of order is approx. 4-6 weeks. We'll try to reduce this as best we can, but it's a manual process.

These can be ordered immediately through SPP by calling Wendy at 702-405.3500.

$119.00 per set. Only set allowed per vehicle.

60721.jpg

Robert-Thank you for all you do. I do however want to know when logo accurate/consistent KR floor mats will be available? What I mean by logo consistent is the one used on the head rests and also the newly available trunk liner (logo has GT500KR with Mr. Shelby's signature underneath). I think that you would agree that logos need to be consistent to preserve the integrity of the KR. The aftermarket KR floor mats currently available with the emblem found on the grill does not flow with the interior.

Robert - any news on these sill plates..? It's been six weeks now.. :)

It took about 2....maybe 3 weeks from when I ordered them to receive them. At some point, I made a follow up call to Tim at the Shelby store at 702 405 3500. That was on a Thursday. He said my plates would be finished and shipped on the following Monday. I received them on Wednesday as promised.

The plates themselves are indeed very nice. Much heavier gauge than the original SVT plates and a much nicer quality. They look really nice.

As I said in a previous post concerning installation, I carefully lifted up a corner with an exacto knife, got the fishing line under the plate, and started to saw. Plate came off in seconds, sawing the length with 20lb test. Didn't heat anything up. The temp outside was about 75 degrees. Plate came off completely undamaged...100% perfect. Plastic moulding 100% unharmed. Not even a nick.

Maybe calling the Shelby store would clear up the confusion. As Robert said, each plate is handmade to order with the CSM on them. So they are made as they are ordered.

It took about 2....maybe 3 weeks from when I ordered them to receive them...

I'm guessing that yours is an '08..(?) I thought I heard/read something about the '09s taking longer, for some reason.

Anyway, I just called and left a message with Wendy. Hopefully she'll call back with good news.. :)

- Just called back again, and was told wait time is now "6-8 weeks"... Nice. Well, at least they haven't lost the order..yet. :salute:

I'm guessing that yours is an '08..(?) I thought I heard/read something about the '09s taking longer, for some reason.

Anyway, I just called and left a message with Wendy. Hopefully she'll call back with good news.. :)

- Just called back again, and was told wait time is now "6-8 weeks"... Nice. Well, at least they haven't lost the order..yet. :salute:

Do you know what would be different between the 09 and 08 beside the 9 and 8.

..only an extra 2 month wait.. ;)

That is strange that the only ones that have gotting them is the 08. I wonder what is different. I went back and looked at all the post and there were alot of 09's that put there oreder in the same day as the 08's but the 08's are the only ones that have posted that they got theres.

That is strange that the only ones that have gotting them is the 08. I wonder what is different. I went back and looked at all the post and there were alot of 09's that put there oreder in the same day as the 08's but the 08's are the only ones that have posted that they got theres.

Shelby Autos may have had a bunch already made and partially engraved, as part of the up-fitter package...Which may not have sold as well as expected... That's my guess. Still, two months for those tells me that the supplier is either very busy with other product, or someone is sleeping at the wheel.

Order on 09/20/2010 for an 09 KR havent recieved .

The good news is I just checked order status and I see they shipped, should be here 11/17 :)

So guessing all should start seeing them soon now.

I forgot that you could check order statuses at the store. Just checked, and my sill plates say "Shipped". How can you tell what the ship date was and/or get a tracking number?

I forgot that you could check order statuses at the store. Just checked, and my sill plates say "Shipped". How can you tell what the ship date was and/or get a tracking number?

Nevermind. I figured it out. Shipped yesterday, delivery scheduled for 11/16.

Archived