TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Door Sill Plates: Now available through SPP

robertlane

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody know the Ford part number for the black plasting sill cover that the aluminum plate mounts to? I would rather just replace both the black plastic sill cover and the aluminum plate at the same time rather than destroy the SVT plate trying to get it off of the cover.

+1

I also would rather do this route than trying to get the old ones off.

Called Wendy earlier to order, but she said they need a copy of the vehicle registration. Never asked for that before when ordering any other KR parts. Will have to scan and email that to her when I get home tonight.

They asked me for that when I orded my KR coli covers. It is to make sure that you own the KR.

Called Wendy earlier to order, but she said they need a copy of the vehicle registration. Never asked for that before when ordering any other KR parts. Will have to scan and email that to her when I get home tonight.

She wanted mine as well. A bit of a PITA, as I couldn't get to it when I first called; its in the car, and has two car covers over it (double bagged for extra protection);)

I FAX'd mine to her a while later, and got 'em ordered. A nice "factory" accessory; thanks for letting us know, Robert!

Mine are on their way.

I also had to give the copy of the registration a long time ago when i first ordered KR parts. It is now on file. Wendy is a great gal to talk to, very helpful and believes ver strongly in customer service..

Mine are on their way.

I also had to give the copy of the registration a long time ago when i first ordered KR parts. It is now on file. Wendy is a great gal to talk to, very helpful and believes ver strongly in customer service..

Ordered! Can't wait to get them.

Anyone have any updates on the part number to replace the sill (and not have to take the old sill plate off), and the procedure?

thanks

Not sure of the part number, but they "pull" off. Just go straight up. Part number should be on the back side.

2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR door sill plates are now available through SPP. :happy feet: These plates will feature the CSM # engraved into the plate itself.

As these are made one at a time, shipping time from date of order is approx. 4-6 weeks. We'll try to reduce this as best we can, but it's a manual process.

These can be ordered immediately through SPP by calling Wendy at 702-405.3500.

$119.00 per set. Only set allowed per vehicle.

60721.jpg

Ordered, & received my KR sill plates about a week later. They look great! Thanks Robert & Justin!

Hoping mine will be in any day now.

Will someone who has already received them, give us some details on the install? Especially if you get new sills to put them on. Based on a post above, it looks like the old sill just pops out, but I'm nervous about breaking something!

Thanks

I did these to the Bullitt. Just make sure the area is warm ( above 70F) and pull the black casing slowly. They come off fairly easily but just take your time and dont bend the old sills at too great of an angle. It's a piece of cake and you'll be able to do it with no problem.

Thanks eagledriver. When you say "pull the black casing slowly", do I just pull them straight up?

BTW, I see you have a 2010 F-150 Lariat also. How are you liking it? I still can't believe what a smooth ride these trucks give!

How did you remove the old ones?

Just heat them up with a hair dryer and use fishing string to cut the tape from underneath.

I'm just gonna pull them off without worrying about damaging them.

09KR0058, I wouldn't bother ordering the complete sills. It took all of maybe 10 minutes to remove the old inserts without damaging them. The trick is to heat the double-sided tape under the old inserts. I used a plastic putty knife to lift a edge of the insert so that I could start the fishing line. If I ever want to reinstall the old ones (I don't know why) then I can tape them back down.

Guys, I removed my sill plates in less than 1 minute apiece without damaging them.....and I didn't bother with a hair dryer either.

I used "Braided" fishing line. Will not break and is much better than mono fishing line. I carefully pried up one end of the sill plate with a pocket knife, worked the braided line underneath, and simply sawed my way through the tape. Took about 60 seconds per side.

You got your new ones..? Still waiting for mine, ordered the 20th last month. Hopefully soon... :)

Nope, still waiting. Was fooling around with the car and figured i'd get ready for the new sills.

Archived