TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When do you need bump-steer rod ends?

PistolWhip

Just like the title says, when do you need bump-steer rod ends? I don't ever road race my cars and really they are just spirited street fun for me with the occasional drag strip visit from time to time. If I had the following parts on hand and ready to go... Eibach Pro-kit springs. J&M: CC plates, Extreme Joint LCA's, Adjustable UCA and mount, adjustable Pan-hard bar. Steeda: Pan-hard brace. Would there be much use for a set of bump-steer rod ends in this set up? I want to try to keep the ride as close to stock as possible, while increasing traction and eliminating wheel hop. I don't plan on installing this stuff any time in the very near future so I'm just trying to get everything together before I start the project so, within reason, is there anything else I should consider with this suspension?

• 6 months later...

After a little research, apparently not many 05-2009 mustangs are running bump steer kits .... regardless of being lowered or not.

Now that suspensions have been lowered and tires are bigger, I wonder how many have replaced the ball joints??? headscratch.gif

Archived