TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Baseline DYNO Pull

goldgus

Finally got my baby up on the DYNO last weekend, at The American Muscle Show in PA. Will post video soon...

Car was cool, temps were around 80 degrees, low humidity. The device was a mobile DynoJet. I was pretty amazed at the whole process, looked like an "auto-EKG".

I had them run it right up to the rev limiter at 6200, and got a nice 476rwhp and 470rwtq. BONE STOCK.

I'm pretty happy, looks like I'm getting exactly what I paid for (or maybe slightly more). I bought a SCT tuner while there (will be loaded with custom 93 octane BAMA tunes), so that should get me a small bump.

My next mods, pretty much in this order, will be 2.6 pulley, dual fan heat exchanger, long tubes with hi-flow catted X (Dynatech or American Racing), and a lightweight 1-piece driveshaft.

After that, I'm after the MGW shifter, some slotted/drilled rotors and lower dust brake pads...

Any comments, thoughts?

This is FUN!!!

GUS

I had them run it right up to the rev limiter at 6200, and got a nice 476rwhp and 470rwtq. BONE STOCK.

This is FUN!!!

Nice numbers Goldgus...Those are definitely on the high end of the stock dyno numbers I've seen here and elsewhere.

Is it me or do you seem to have a renewed enthusiasm for the car? (I'm actually going in the opposite direction)

Actually, I've never lost my enthusiasm for this car. I've had it for 14 months, put over 15,000 miles on it (excluding December - March in NJ) and have really never had ANY problems with it. I change my own oil every 3-4K miles and have done some nice cosmetic mods (tasteful). Looks like the stock tires on rear will go another 5-6K miles, and I dont burn them up often, so pretty much OK with that. My vert is my baby, and I still get that sh!t-eating grin every time I crank it up. Everyone that sees it gives me the thumbs up, (even the local Camaro SS guys). My girls (6yrs and 11 yrs) LOVE the wind in their hair in that back seat too. I have no regrets, I'm not kicking myself cause I didnt wait for the '11, or a 5.0 GT...

Mine is one of 906 Verts in 2010, and I have NEVER seen another '10 Vert in my travels, only coupes...

Love what you have, these cars are special regardless of what anyone says... We are all lucky to have these.

Only reason that I mentioned the enthusiasm part was that you didn't seem to be around as much as before - but I guess that is because you have been out driving and enjoying life! Good to hear.

I've yet to see any other 2010-11 Shelbys around here. I know that they are around though. I think I've only seen 2 other Shelbys ever..think they were '08s.

Nice info on the tires. That means mine should last another 3 years! I don't burn them up either.

Only reason that I mentioned the enthusiasm part was that you didn't seem to be around as much as before - but I guess that is because you have been out driving and enjoying life! Good to hear.

I've yet to see any other 2010-11 Shelbys around here. I know that they are around though. I think I've only seen 2 other Shelbys ever..think they were '08s.

Nice info on the tires. That means mine should last another 3 years! I don't burn them up either.

HAHA, the reason I'm posting like a lunatic is I'm home recovering from knee surgery... Cant drive my baby for 2 weeks at least and I'm going nuts... Missing out on some of the best weeks of VERT driving weather... Oh man, when the wife sees the MODS bill for these 2 weeks I'm in deep SH!T... But I'll be back to work and hiding out in my office when the bills come in.

HAHA, the reason I'm posting like a lunatic is I'm home recovering from knee surgery... Cant drive my baby for 2 weeks at least and I'm going nuts... Missing out on some of the best weeks of VERT driving weather... Oh man, when the wife sees the MODS bill for these 2 weeks I'm in deep SH!T... But I'll be back to work and hiding out in my office when the bills come in.

Ah-HA! I knew something was different! Yeah, for sure...the internet becomes a big time "friend" when you are stuck at home.

Does your wife drive the Shelby at all?

Very true about the driving weather now...I'm on vacation this week and the first 4 days were just ridiculously nice. Did a lot of driving out on the country roads. There's just a very slight chill in the air in the evenings and that hint of fall. My favorite time of year besides early spring. Today, my luck ran out...it's raining - but that's okay.

I'm debating on whether or not to take a long drive tomorrow or Saturday. I've yet to make that long road trip in my current car. Was thinking about a 100 mile trip up north.

Ah-HA! I knew something was different! Yeah, for sure...the internet becomes a big time "friend" when you are stuck at home.

Does your wife drive the Shelby at all?

Very true about the driving weather now...I'm on vacation this week and the first 4 days were just ridiculously nice. Did a lot of driving out on the country roads. There's just a very slight chill in the air in the evenings and that hint of fall. My favorite time of year besides early spring. Today, my luck ran out...it's raining - but that's okay.

I'm debating on whether or not to take a long drive tomorrow or Saturday. I've yet to make that long road trip in my current car. Was thinking about a 100 mile trip up north.

I think I spend more time washing/waxing my car than driving it!

My neighbors think I'm crazy. Even their kids make fun of me for washing it so much.

Black cars are such a pain....and it doesn't help that my office moved inbetween two sand and gravel companies ) =

I think I spend more time washing/waxing my car than driving it!

My neighbors think I'm crazy. Even their kids make fun of me for washing it so much.

Black cars are such a pain....and it doesn't help that my office moved in between two sand and gravel companies ) =

It's really a toss up for me between whether I enjoy washing/waxing or driving more. Probably an edge to the washing/waxing in all honesty.

As far as actual time ratio between washing/waxing and driving. It's probably 4 times more washing/waxing than driving for me.

My neighbors are complete :censored:'s. That's part of the reason I am considering trading in the Shelby. There was a time when all the people around me were nice and kept to themselves...but one family moved in and ruined the entire block. They're just the bottom level of society.

The one guy I know works on construction sites and has a 2010 mustang...I don't know how he can drive that thing there every day and get it so dirty.

It's really a toss up for me between whether I enjoy washing/waxing or driving more. Probably an edge to the washing/waxing in all honesty.

As far as actual time ratio between washing/waxing and driving. It's probably 4 times more washing/waxing than driving for me.

My neighbors are complete :censored:'s. That's part of the reason I am considering trading in the Shelby. There was a time when all the people around me were nice and kept to themselves...but one family moved in and ruined the entire block. They're just the bottom level of society.

The one guy I know works on construction sites and has a 2010 mustang...I don't know how he can drive that thing there every day and get it so dirty.

Yeah we had a family move into my community that was garbage too...thankfully within a year they ended up forclosing. Thankfully the rest of my neighbors are amazing, really great people.

We also have a guy who works construction and has a 2010 mustang but I've never seen him drive the thing. It just sits in his garage, and it's a V6!

Unfortunately thanks to the PP on my GT500 the area under the stripes on the doors of my car look terrible already...the tires are too wide I think for the front wells and coupled with how sticky they are they are just slowly sandblasting the paint of my doors. Clay bar helps some, but there definately damage to the pain happening.

The wheels are what suck the most....it seriously takes longer to clean/dry the wheels than it does the whole car. I miss my Saleen 5 spoke rims. Could fit my hand inbetween the spokes to clean the inner wheel wall which is impossible with these so they go dirty )=

Unfortunately thanks to the PP on my GT500 the area under the stripes on the doors of my car look terrible already...the tires are too wide I think for the front wells and coupled with how sticky they are they are just slowly sandblasting the paint of my doors.

The wheels are what suck the most....it seriously takes longer to clean/dry the wheels than it does the whole car.

I can only hope that my neighbors move out of town at some point...either that or they all get arrested. The police are at their house about once a week.

I have a couple nicks in the paint behind the front tires on one side. The rocker panel front is really pitted from all the stones. The back panels are protected really well with the mini-mudflaps..no nicks or chips there. The type of tires on these cars has a lot to do with it. I've never had tires pick up and kick around stones and pebbles so much.

I've been drying my tires/wheels with those blow dry things at the local car wash. Works really well for all the plastic stuff too, like the grille and other crevices.

I can only hope that my neighbors move out of town at some point...either that or they all get arrested. The police are at their house about once a week.

I have a couple nicks in the paint behind the front tires on one side. The rocker panel front is really pitted from all the stones. The back panels are protected really well with the mini-mudflaps..no nicks or chips there. The type of tires on these cars has a lot to do with it. I've never had tires pick up and kick around stones and pebbles so much.

I've been drying my tires/wheels with those blow dry things at the local car wash. Works really well for all the plastic stuff too, like the grille and other crevices.

I haven't used a car wash since I slightly blasted my hood in my saleen from the "Power" booth of one. Plus I see too many rednecks pull up in their pickups after going "Mudin" and the cover the brush in dirt and rocks.

I do miss the 5-10 minute washes though. The grill is really a pain.

I think the reason I'm having such a terrible time with pockmarks is the extra 10MM they put on the PP front tires. I notice if I put silicone on the tires, the next time I drive it both of my doors ended up getting covered with little droplets of it flying off the wheels. I'm still looking for a good front mudflap option on the front wheelwells. Probably get them for my Spring mods.

I haven't used a car wash since I slightly blasted my hood in my saleen from the "Power" booth of one. Plus I see too many rednecks pull up in their pickups after going "Mudin" and the cover the brush in dirt and rocks. I do miss the 5-10 minute washes though. The grill is really a pain.

I think the reason I'm having such a terrible time with pockmarks is the extra 10MM they put on the PP front tires. I notice if I put silicone on the tires, the next time I drive it both of my doors ended up getting covered with little droplets of it flying off the wheels. I'm still looking for a good front mudflap option on the front wheelwells. Probably get them for my Spring mods.

Oh...I never use the brush hanging on wall to wash my car. I too, have seen the "muddin'" crowd that you speak of! fve0iq.gif

I have a mini - detail shop in my trunk that I always have for the trips to the car wash. I use all of my own towels, soap, bucket, etc. The only thing I use at the car wash is the water and as I mentioned that air-dry tool they have now.

Hey Blue--good to see you active--re the wheels,Ive been using the new Armor All Wheel Prtectant, its kind of like a spray on clear,and it doesnt let the wheels attrct all the brake dust et al.Keeps them much cleaner, and when they do get too dusty,i just use my feather duster and it comes right off. I also started using the "pig spit" product on the external black parts, and it doe the same thing---plus i spray it in the wheel wells too.Its hard to find,but you can find it on ebay from biker shops

Goldgus, nice looking mod list. Depending on your current tire and your plans for the car; you may want to think about an upgraded tire/rim with those mods. Also along those lines I would consider at minimum an adj. UCA so you can dial in your 1 piece ds and reduce wheel hop. Again depending on your plans some lca would be a nice addition also. With all that power your going to need to put it to the ground more efficiently to stay safe.

Were your #'s SAE, STD or uncorrected? Mine did 479rwhp SAE. But you have to take the #'s with a grain of salt as there are WAY too many varibles from dyno to dyno, weather, condition correction methods, etc. Enjoy it.

Archived