TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carb for 1966 Shelby with Automatic transmission

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for a real carb for the 1966 Shelby. (Auto transmission if that make a difference)

First owner replaced with a Holly and did not keep the original.

Jerry

Tacoma, WA

Not totally sure, but I believe the 1966 GT-350 came with the 715 cfm Holley carb. Maybe the autos came with a different carb ?. You may want to check with the Shelby American Auto Club, and use the "ask the registrar link" on their sight. There's a link to their sight on the home page of Team Shelby. Walt Hane, as suggested, would be a good source also, as he was one of the premier GT-350 R drivers in the 60's and campaigned a number of Mustangs in several classes of road racing.

Walt Hane, as suggested, would be a good source also, as he was one of the premier GT-350 R drivers in the 60's and campaigned a number of Mustangs in several classes of road racing.

And he still does :)

He will likely not only know what part you need, but have one.

And he still does :)

He will likely not only know what part you need, but have one.

If Walt Hane has the carb I would think it neat to get a part from a racer who was so important to the Shelby racing legacy. Maybe you could get him to sign the invoice.

• 3 weeks later...

Did you ever find something?

1966 GT350 4 speed stick came with 715 center pivot float Holley Lemans S2MS. The automatic trans 1966 GT350 came with an Autolite 460. The best references on this information are from the Shelby American Auto Club World Registry. If you have a classic Shelby or are interested in them, you need this book.

Archived