TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What's on your Mind?

Well, the whats on your mind status updates appear to no longer be a part of the website, but that doesnt mean we cant have it anyway!

Different from the no topic thread, think of this as your thread to release that thought you would have used the staus update for.

So, What's on your mind?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the whats on your mind status updates appear to no longer be a part of the website, but that doesnt mean we cant have it anyway!

Different from the no topic thread, think of this as your thread to release that thought you would have used the staus update for.

So, What's on your mind?

The question is can you handle what's on my mind ???

Hmmmmmm...whats on my mind.........good question.........right now, I am wandering how the heck those people got all those Government GRANTS to do such stupid stuff. I not talking $500.00 or $5,000.00......I am talking $100,000.00 to $5,000,000.00. One Grant of over $150K was to study the effects Cocain has on Monkeys. You hear how the Government has all this Money that People can get to start a Business but they don't tell you how to get it so now there are thousands of scammers on TV and On Line.

Is that what you are looking for?

:ph34r:

Hmmmmmm...whats on my mind.........good question.........right now, I am wandering how the heck those people got all those Government GRANTS to do such stupid stuff. I not talking $500.00 or $5,000.00......I am talking $100,000.00 to $5,000,000.00. One Grant of over $150K was to study the effects Cocain has on Monkeys. You hear how the Government has all this Money that People can get to start a Business but they don't tell you how to get it so now there are thousands of scammers on TV and On Line.

Is that what you are looking for?

:ph34r:

They gave cocaine to monkeys? What a waste!!!

Dubbs, great thread. Keepin' it simple. I like it.

On my mind immediately today is how lucky I got the other morning. I was sitting watching CNN when all of a sudden I hear this huge 'bang' like someone drove thier car into my garage door! My dog went crazy and ran to the front door. So, I followed him thinking his hearing told him the noise came from there...they have great hearing right? Turns out, nobody out front anywhere. He was wrong! So then I go open the garage door from the laundry room out, and flip on the light switch...nothing out of the ordinary, no broken glass on the side service door. Weird? So I go back to the television and start running all the possibilities through my mind. Finally, I get back up and go back out to the garage, My hunch...broken garage door spring. YEP! Right over the decklid of the GT500.

This wouldn't be so bad, only the house (a rental), was built in 1973 with big old heavy ORIGINAL wood garage doors and hardware. The motors are new of course, but the coils over the header panel of the door turns out were original. The thing exploded! It had years of greasy dust accumulated on it. Those grease/dust bunnies were thrown all over the decklid and rear half of the roof panel and the corresponding stripes of course!!! Ouch! It was a mess. I freaked! Thankfully, my landlord lives in another home 2 blocks away. They were more interested in the condition of their door than my car, which sent me into orbit! They know I am a car guy...with that in the garage and a BMW 135 coupe with just a few miles on it as well. Nonetheless, the garage door guy came the next day and we lifted it up, I backed the car out and very CAREFULLY washed it off not knowing what to expect underneath all of the goo. My fear was that the grease may penetrate the 3M stripes....It did not!! Wheeew.

All in all, I was very lucky with this one. Man-o-man, you can't even sit home and have your car safe, eh? Thanks for the venue.

BIKEBOY

Because political conversations aren't allowed we aren't free to speak about that subject....

However, I am thinking about the weekend! I'm heading over to Loudon, NH in the RV for the NASCAR race!!

What is on my mind? Well since you asked, I am wondering how people in my chain of command can make uninformed decisions for our shop when they never came to ask the subject matter experts if what they have planed is a viable fix... I could go on and on about this but I will spare you all. Just another day in the life of a maintenance troop at Shaw AFB SC.

Dubbs, great thread. Keepin' it simple. I like it.

On my mind immediately today is how lucky I got the other morning. I was sitting watching CNN when all of a sudden I hear this huge 'bang' like someone drove thier car into my garage door! My dog went crazy and ran to the front door. So, I followed him thinking his hearing told him the noise came from there...they have great hearing right? Turns out, nobody out front anywhere. He was wrong! So then I go open the garage door from the laundry room out, and flip on the light switch...nothing out of the ordinary, no broken glass on the side service door. Weird? So I go back to the television and start running all the possibilities through my mind. Finally, I get back up and go back out to the garage, My hunch...broken garage door spring. YEP! Right over the decklid of the GT500.

This wouldn't be so bad, only the house (a rental), was built in 1973 with big old heavy ORIGINAL wood garage doors and hardware. The motors are new of course, but the coils over the header panel of the door turns out were original. The thing exploded! It had years of greasy dust accumulated on it. Those grease/dust bunnies were thrown all over the decklid and rear half of the roof panel and the corresponding stripes of course!!! Ouch! It was a mess. I freaked! Thankfully, my landlord lives in another home 2 blocks away. They were more interested in the condition of their door than my car, which sent me into orbit! They know I am a car guy...with that in the garage and a BMW 135 coupe with just a few miles on it as well. Nonetheless, the garage door guy came the next day and we lifted it up, I backed the car out and very CAREFULLY washed it off not knowing what to expect underneath all of the goo. My fear was that the grease may penetrate the 3M stripes....It did not!! Wheeew.

All in all, I was very lucky with this one. Man-o-man, you can't even sit home and have your car safe, eh? Thanks for the venue.

BIKEBOY

You lucked out when that trip breaks off its like a bullet!! It happened in my fathers garage the tip of the spring hit a 2x4 it almost made it threw it. Plus the spring can do great damage also. The guy that fixed my dads put steel cable threw it so when it breaks it won't hit the car but still the tip is a major factor.

On my mind right now a nice big fat cigar and a 24oz porter house steak and a nice merlot to wash it down with !! o :hysterical: r burger king

What is on my mind? Well since you asked, I am wondering how people in my chain of command can make uninformed decisions for our shop when they never came to ask the subject matter experts if what they have planed is a viable fix... I could go on and on about this but I will spare you all. Just another day in the life of a maintenance troop at Shaw AFB SC.

As I was reading this I thought, damn, he must work for the State.......then I read the last bit........Close enough.................... :hysterical:

As I was reading this I thought, damn, he must work for the State.......then I read the last bit........Close enough.................... :hysterical:

Some times it fills like working for the state... Either way you have people makeing uninformed decisions on who should do what. Oh well I can't complain to much I don't have to worry about my job ever going away...

So, What's on my mind you ask? Carolina's on my mind !

The funniest thing happened as I saw this thread...I was actually listening to "Carolina on my mind" by James Taylor .

Anyway, my retirement plan consists of relocating to NC near the coast. I recently purchased property there and have been visiting every chance I get. Stayed in a house on the Ocean for a week last month....best vacation ever ! I'm hoping to get back down in October for a few days. I'm at least 12 years away from retiring so, it'll be a lot of trips there in the meantime.

If, I was in the service my butt would have been in the brigg. I have a problem with authority and chain of command. I guess that was one of the reasons they were happy to see me :hysterical: go.

If, I was in the service my butt would have been in the brigg. I have a problem with authority and chain of command. I guess that was one of the reasons they were happy to see me :hysterical: go.

And yet you got Married................................:hysterical:

My 8 month old pup Luca Brasi had an allergic reaction to meds the doc gave him and had to be rushed to the hospital yesterday.....

he is fine, we have him resting back home...........very relieved......

and

reading Alex's build thread and wishing I could drive my car today.............only 13 more days to wait.......

and then on to terlingua as the cherry on top! :dance:

Not to sure how I have managed to stay out of trouble, I am not the type to bite my tounge. I have just learned over the years how to say things tactfully so that I don't hurt fillings!!! :banghead:

Archived