TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MRT AeroTurbine Axle Beck Exhaust - Anyone have a video?

makapuu

We just received these mufflers after ordering them from Shelby. The plan is to put them on my Wife's GT500, but she is fearful that they will be too loud.

My GT500 has the Borla "Shelby Turbo" mufflers, and while they give the car a nicer rumble than OEM, overall, they are just not that much louder than the stock mufflers, and have been unsatisfactory as to volume. My wife talked me into them, not wanting to be too loud, but now she wants loud exhaust...go figure! But not too loud.

Does anyone have a video of the MRT's, or has them installed, and can share their opinions or insight? Thesound clips at MRT are not too enlightening.

Our plan is to install the MRT's on her car, and test drive them. If too loud, I will put them on my car. My wife then wants the Borlas put on hers, but I'm guessing she will be unhappy as I am with them.

We just received these mufflers after ordering them from Shelby. The plan is to put them on my Wife's GT500, but she is fearful that they will be too loud.

My GT500 has the Borla "Shelby Turbo" mufflers, and while they give the car a nicer rumble than OEM, overall, they are just not that much louder than the stock mufflers, and have been unsatisfactory as to volume. My wife talked me into them, not wanting to be too loud, but now she wants loud exhaust...go figure! But not too loud.

Does anyone have a video of the MRT's, or has them installed, and can share their opinions or insight? Thesound clips at MRT are not too enlightening.

Our plan is to install the MRT's on her car, and test drive them. If too loud, I will put them on my car. My wife then wants the Borlas put on hers, but I'm guessing she will be unhappy as I am with them.

Just watch the first 40 seconds of this video. The view is from a Cobra however my car is on the inside left, Alloy Metallic Satin Silver Stripe GT500.

The exhaust combination you will hear in the video is the MRT AeroTubrine Muffler and MRT Off-Road H-Pipe. Your's will sound a little tamer with cats.

Enjoy.

Van

http://www.youtube.com/user/JonathanBlevins203#p/a/u/1/3TMT6Se1F8U

Archived