TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Know a Source for a Duplicate or Replica SVT Engine Plate/Tag?

mjbarnet

Anyone know of a source for an OEM SVT engine tag (the ones with the builder's signatures) or even a replica?

I'm looking for a blank (unsigned) tag to put with a photo of my car. I've seen replicas of the 4.6L SVT tags floating around on EBAY and other forums but have never seen one for the 5.4L.

Thanks, Mitch

PS, Yes I tried my local parts department...no luck

While it wont be OEM, you could try a local trophy/plaque shop. They make the small dash plaques for car shows, etc... A number of Bullitt owners have gone this route to make duplicate engine tags for the Bullitt ID with awesome results. The ones I've seen are almost indistinguishable from OEM. Just a thought...

While it wont be OEM, you could try a local trophy/plaque shop. They make the small dash plaques for car shows, etc... A number of Bullitt owners have gone this route to make duplicate engine tags for the Bullitt ID with awesome results. The ones I've seen are almost indistinguishable from OEM. Just a thought...

I did try one local shop and they didn't want to touch anything that was copyrighted (e.g., Ford, SVT, UAW, pretty much the entire tag!) but maybe I will try another shop.

There are 4.6 tags floating around so someone was brave enough to attempt it...

post-20086-093942900 1284520997_thumb.jpg

post-20086-093942900 1284520997_thumb.jpg

I'd call Ford CS and see if you can get a phone number for the Niche engine plant. if you can contact them, my bet is you'll be able to find someone who could get one made for you if you have the info from your old tag. May be a long shot, but you gotta swing the bat to get a hit !

Archived