TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Amys GT-H # 1C For sale!

stormeaston

Did you guys see, Amy,s GT-H CSM 1C is for sale on E-bay, item # 170540071884.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when we built that car. The CSM number in the auction description is incorrect. But you can see the correct one on the dash plaque.

When Hertz auctioned off the first rentals they went for $80K+. And those were the coupes. I wonder if this one gets up there in price...

It's a shame to auction something like that in this economy.

Take a look at one of the six original Daytona Coupes that was auctioned off this past spring. It was projected to sell for 12 million but actually sold for 7.4 million.

It's a great time to have money......it's a buyers market out there.

Did you guys see, Amy,s GT-H CSM 1C is for sale on E-bay, item # 170540071884.

From the sound of it, the way *I* understood the auction description, the car wasn't Amy's car any longer. It almost sounds like she sold it to them already and now they're trying to "make room for other cars".

If they just needed to make room, and the car belonged to Amy...wouldn't they just get Amy to take the car out of their "museum"?

I gotta admit, that *would* be a cool car to own! A. The concept car and B. The ONLY '06 GTH ever made (as they were apparently all '07's?).

The fact that it belonged ot Amy doesn't alter the value of it one iota. If Shelby himself owned it....that might be a different story.

JMHO,

Phill

From the sound of it, the way *I* understood the auction description, the car wasn't Amy's car any longer. It almost sounds like she sold it to them already and now they're trying to "make room for other cars".

If they just needed to make room, and the car belonged to Amy...wouldn't they just get Amy to take the car out of their "museum"?

I gotta admit, that *would* be a cool car to own! A. The concept car and B. The ONLY '06 GTH ever made (as they were apparently all '07's?).

The fact that it belonged ot Amy doesn't alter the value of it one iota. If Shelby himself owned it....that might be a different story.

JMHO,

Phill

April 2010 Palm Beach Barrett-Jackson auction.

I stand corrected: $99K

Actually the winning bid was $90k with a 10% B-J buyers fee of $9k added to the price.

And don't forget the 10% sellers fee that B-J takes from the winning bid. So once you take the winning bid of $90k and subtract the sellers fee of $9k along with the auction listing fee's the "seller" most likely recieved somewhere around $79k for the car back in April.

Not bad for Barrett-Jackson. Taking in around $20k for selling a car.

Steve

Ok, car is now at $100,100 and the reserve is not met. I will bet ANYONE $50 and give them 3 to 1 odds this car will not hit reserve on ebay and ACTUALLY SELL.

See the reason I KNOW this is because the shill bidders (aka private listing - bidders' identities protected) will not be willing to bid above the reserve on this auction and thus IT WILL NOT SELL.

I loathe shill bidding, ebay, auctions, BJ everywhere and don't be fooled, it happens everywhere.

QSS

Up to $111,211.00 now and Reserve is still not met and still has over 2 Days to go...............................................

Geezus cripes! What's this guy think that car is actually worth?

Yeah, I realize it's the Concept car and number 001, but what's a regular ole' GT-H worth? Take that from the current bid and that's what he's getting "above and beyond" the normal price.

That seems awfully high to me.

Phill (but I know SQUAT about what they are normally worth).

Geezus cripes! What's this guy think that car is actually worth?

Yeah, I realize it's the Concept car and number 001, but what's a regular ole' GT-H worth? Take that from the current bid and that's what he's getting "above and beyond" the normal price.

That seems awfully high to me.

Phill (but I know SQUAT about what they are normally worth).

I think the owner has a high reserve and is having a buddy bid the price up to get people to think it is really worth a mint in hopes that someone will be crazy enough to bid a crazy number for if.

Ok, car is now at $100,100 and the reserve is not met. I will bet ANYONE $50 and give them 3 to 1 odds this car will not hit reserve on ebay and ACTUALLY SELL.

See the reason I KNOW this is because the shill bidders (aka private listing - bidders' identities protected) will not be willing to bid above the reserve on this auction and thus IT WILL NOT SELL.

I loathe shill bidding, ebay, auctions, BJ everywhere and don't be fooled, it happens everywhere.

QSS

I think the owner has a high reserve and is having a buddy bid the price up to get people to think it is really worth a mint in hopes that someone will be crazy enough to bid a crazy number for if.

Ya, I think so. My original wager stands if anyone is game. No way this car will meet reserve and actually sell. Not a chance. And I'm a GT-H owner so I would love for it to go at this price but I am also a realist and not living in some dream world that is auction is based in.

QSS

Right now, the Bid is $119,998.00 just $2.00 away from $120K. I say that the Reserve will lift at $120K and it wont hit that......................because I think it is a Buddy bidding on it for the Owner................It might be $125K but I think it is $120K because it just seems wierd that the Bid only went to $119,998.00

Why are you guys wasting your time and energy on this?

E-Bay is a flat out joke now! It's original premise is askew. It doesn't work the way it was designed to anymore, because of friends bidding stuff up falsely!

ALL good things come to an end. E-Bay is no different. Frankly, that ship sailed on E-Bay a few years back. You guys are all better off talking about the Hawaii Five-O remake!!

QSS

I think it's great that this car has been bid up to nearly $120,000. Looking at the Seller's Ebay "seller history", they have sold 10 collector cars in 2010 and their "buyer feedback" has been 100% positive. Ebay is definitely Ebay, complete with countless games by both Buyers and Sellers. This GTH Concept car, the GTH prototypes, the manual transmission GTHs, low numbered cars, GTHs with interesting history, all are the flagships on GTH pricing. The number of hits on the Seller's listing and the number of "views" on this topic in the TS Forum shows a lot of interest is out there on the GTHs. This is a good thing for us regular people who own GTHs. Just an opinion and what a fun topic.

Archived