TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Guy saying he has rare SS

Here we go again.....

Yep, everything he's saying in this newest auction is true.

So what's the big deal? He had his black stripe removed and Tasca put a blue stripe on in its place.

Along with the engine lowering kit and strut tower brace.

Personally, I think that is about the best looking SS I've ever seen...except *maybe* that Grabber Blue w/Black SS Stripe on it.

Phill

It is a really nice looking color combo. If he told the truth I'd have no problem with the car.

"If he told the truth"???

What part of his auction description is not true?

He point blank says it came with black stripes and Tasca put the Blue stripe on it (which means POST SALE).

He also says Tasca put the STB and engine lowering kit on it. They have not denied that fact.

So....what part is he not telling the truth about?

I'm with the other poster. It's one of, if not THE best looking Super Snake I've ever seen. It looks like is SHOULD have a blue stripe on it.

Phill

"If he told the truth"???

What part of his auction description is not true?

He point blank says it came with black stripes and Tasca put the Blue stripe on it (which means POST SALE).

He also says Tasca put the STB and engine lowering kit on it. They have not denied that fact.

So....what part is he not telling the truth about?

I'm with the other poster. It's one of, if not THE best looking Super Snake I've ever seen. It looks like is SHOULD have a blue stripe on it.

Phill

I 100% agree with you on that. But on previous sales he lied about the fact that it is an aftermarket stripe and stated that it came from shelby like that and is the only withe with blue stripe "authorized" by shelby.

But it is one of the best looking cars i've seen

Yes, they are finally posting the true facts about the car this time around. Looks like Drew (the owner) finally got some couch time with a psychologist about him living in denial about his reality and the real truth.

And that's good thing, because I don't think that I have the energy to go another round with that dufus.

Yup, I would call that auction 100% legit.

AND for the record, I dont think it diminishes the value one cent to put whatever color stripes you want on YOUR SS.

Think about this, these stripes will crack and peel in a decade for sure, so they will need replacing, and can be replaced with any color you can think of. He hasnt done anything to the SS package that cant be undone.

My problem was his earlier auction where he claimed to be the only "official blue stripe SS done by Shelby". This auction does not state that in any way or form. He paid 35k for those badges and mods, and can do with them as he sees fit, as long as it stays on that car. IMHO.

I still cant for the life of me figure out why in the world SA would only do black stripes. Now they are doing white...if I wasnt so worried about keeping the car correct, and they would have done red stripes for my car, it would be a SS now. I added almost all the mods myself, and would be paying 35k for badges now. That ship has sailed.

Yes, they are finally posting the true facts about the car this time around. Looks like Drew (the owner) finally got some couch time with a psychologist about him living in denial about his reality and the real truth.

And that's good thing, because I don't think that I have the energy to go another round with that dufus.

whatever.....I know the real truth! :hysterical2:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Yup, I would call that auction 100% legit.

AND for the record, I dont think it diminishes the value one cent to put whatever color stripes you want on YOUR SS.

Think about this, these stripes will crack and peel in a decade for sure, so they will need replacing, and can be replaced with any color you can think of. He hasnt done anything to the SS package that cant be undone.

I agree about the stripes and value. Matter of fact, I'm gonna swap the black for the white on my Vista Blue Snake. Anyone can do this and have it documented in the registry so says Roger.

I agree about the stripes and value. Matter of fact, I'm gonna swap the black for the white on my Vista Blue Snake. Anyone can do this and have it documented in the registry so says Roger.

That's absolutely correct. The registry has no problem adding owner modifications to the registry database.

Steve

The original owner convinced himself that the conversion was legit because Tasca did the work and then appeared to be offended that others were not so easily convinced, too bad as it's an awesome looking car and can be returned to "stock" in a day so it shouldn't really be a big deal but he did come off as rather disingenuous.

Did you notice that the stripe script is printed backwards ("Super Snake" is before "GT500")?

The original owner convinced himself that the conversion was legit because

Did you notice that the stripe script is printed backwards ("Super Snake" is before "GT500")?

HA! No, I had not noticed that before you pointed it out.

His pass. side is correct but he had them mirror it for the drivers side so the drivers side is backwards.

I'd BITCH to high hell if I paid Tasca to stripe my car and they screwed up like that. Who ever the stiper maker was, "cheaped out" on them and only made one rocker GT500 template.

Good catch.

Phill

• 2 months later...

Here we go again with a different car! What I don't understand is why Carroll himself calls this car a Super Snake in the video? It is clearly a clone and not an original.

Check out the dash plaque.

It has a VIN, not a CSM.

It also *clearly* states "GT500" and not "SUPER SNAKE".

He sure went to a lot of time and trouble to clone a SS! he's got all of the good SS stuff on it. I can't see if the wheels have the Super Snake engraved text on 'em or not but everything else looks good.

And then there's that dash plaque, right in the middle of all the other "Super Snake" stuff!

And I don't see a CSM plate under the hood anywhere either. Just because CS signed his radiator cover with the "Super Snake" decal on it, don't make it a Super Snake. Hell, it might'a been blank when Shelby signed it.

I didn't see a video....I'll go look again.

See, THIS is a clear attempt to CLONE, *and* pass off a GT500 as a gennie SS. THAT, I have a problem with. Clone one to your hearts desire...I mean, they ARE a fantastic looking car.

But try to pass it off as genuine? Nope, that's where I draw the line. Be honest/truthful and tell folks it's a clone...or don't tell 'em anything at all...but don't tell 'em it's a Super Snake (when it clearly, IS NOT).

JMHO,

Phill

The following appears to be true/legit:

1. It is a Shelby GT500

2. Mr. Shelby signed his car

3. Mr. Shelby leaned on his car

4. Mr. Shelby did a Z-max commercial with his car

5. The headrests

6. The SS Snake "wings" (badges)

7. The Faux gas cap ring

Everything else is NOT SS correct/legit. There must have been a special somewhere on the backwards script SS stripes at some point as this is the second one we've seen; at least the other car was a true Super Snake.

Could this be the guy that owned the moving company that did some hauling for Mr. Shelby and was trying to pass his car off as a SS some time ago, was able to score the badges and (I believe) said that Mr. Shelby built it special for him or owed him a favor or some other foolishness?

That isn't a Super Snake KB either, or the KB Stage 3 stuff that would have been part of the conversion. I do remember seeing that car in the Z-Max commercials and wondering about the stripes first of all??..........

No KB sticker on the shock tower either, as would have been installed at the time of the build.

R

That isn't a Super Snake KB either,

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Also, if you look at the scoop opening on the hood, that is NOT a Shelby built Super Snake hood. In fact...the builders name is on the inside of the hood.

I watched the Z-max commercial.

Shelby is NOT authenticating that car as a Super Snake!

The car is being use as a PROP. Props are commonly used in movies and props are not typically "the real deal".

That auction is illegal. He is representing the car as a Super Snake and it IS NOT a SS.

I'm REAL surprised that no one from Shelby has contacted e-bay and had the auction removed.

Phill

Could this be the guy that owned the moving company that did some hauling for Mr. Shelby and was trying to pass his car off as a SS some time ago, was able to score the badges and (I believe) said that Mr. Shelby built it special for him or owed him a favor or some other foolishness?

A. I could build a set of those SS "wings" without much of a problem, myself. That wouldn't be hard.

B. I could have the headrests stiched too.

C. My first thoughts about this car is that he either found a wrecked Super Snake and snatched the wings, headrests and floor mats out of it or someone stole them from a SS and he ended up with them.

Or, like I said....built them or had them built himself. I've said it before, where there's a WILL (or a few bucks), there's a way.

Either way, the car is *obviously* not a genuine Super Snake and it is being reprented as such on the e-bay auction.

As much as I've touted building my own Super Snake "clone", I DO NOT condone passing a clone off as the genuine product.

Anyone know how to report this guy to e-bay?

I'm tempted to write the guy and ask him why his "Super Snake" says it's a GT500 on the dash plaque (with a VIN instead of a CSM) and point out all of the "fake" SS items on the car. I know I'll just get some BS or snarky answer from the guy though.

Phill

As a Super Snake registrar and already knowing the details of this car, it is not a legit Super Snake in spite of the Zmax commerical and Carroll's "endorsement". Hell, the stripe isn't even correct.

This car is a "fake snake".

Here's a "behind the scenes" footage of the car with Carroll driving...

And the commerical....

As a Super Snake registrar and already knowing the details of this car, it is not a legit Super Snake in spite of the Zmax commerical and Carroll's "endorsement". Hell, the stripe isn't even correct.

And the commerical....

Now that's funny.

Just a little background on this newest topic. Carroll Shelby is friends with the owner of Z-Max. My guess is the production company for Z-Max put out a request for a Super Snake or similar Shelby for a commerical shoot because Carroll was going to be available at the track that day. The production company some how ended up with this car for the shoot with no one at the production company knowing what the car was or wasn't. Probably just went by what the owner or car wrangler told them. This is not an unusual practice and happens all the time.

Now the sellers ebay description is another thing.

Steve

Everything else is NOT SS correct/legit.

Check out his power steering reserviour cap.....it's just the standard "Shelby" cap, not the Super Snake or even the GT500 cap!

This isn't just a Super Snake Fake, it's a POORLY DONE Super Snake fake! lol

Phill

And the commerical....

I remember that commercial and I remember that car. This commercial got me wondering (as a buyer) if in fact the Super Snake could be ordered in a Shelby installed twin Blue Stripe version, it seemed to be a bit misleading.

On that note, when The Man, Carroll Shelby himself is leaning against the car and calling it a Super Snake, either he was not fully aware of the Super Snake specifics?, or he was there to do the interview for the commercial and really didn't pay attention to this specific cars details? or there was a mindset that the car looks good and no one will notice?.........

R

And the commerical....

kinda reminds of the insurance commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9LzeDg8z-M

I remember that commercial and I remember that car. This commercial got me wondering (as a buyer) if in fact the Super Snake could be ordered in a Shelby installed twin Blue Stripe version, it seemed to be a bit misleading.

On that note, when The Man, Carroll Shelby himself is leaning against the car and calling it a Super Snake, either he was not fully aware of the Super Snake specifics?, or he was there to do the interview for the commercial and really didn't pay attention to this specific cars details? or there was a mindset that the car looks good and no one will notice?.........

R

Exactly Robert. It's TV production mentality. Get it in the can, and get it in a quickly as possible without regard to accuracy. To the production crew, that car was just a prop needed to convey the product being advertised... ZMax. And from an "artsy fartsy" point of view, that car looks really good on camera, and that's the number one thing that production companies care about; the truth be damned.

The other thing to be mindful of is that when (the year) that commerical was produced, even if the production company cared about accuracy, I suspect that they would not have been able to find a SS that was conviently available for the shoot. Additionally, Carroll, being the talent, is merely reading (memorized?) off a script. If they told him to call the car a Bullitt, he probably would have said "Bullitt". I am of course exaggerating, but I think everyone gets my point.

No matter how the owner slices it, no matter how he chops it, his car is not a legit SS and that's all there is to it.

Exactly Robert. It's TV production mentality. Get it in the can, and get it in a quickly as possible without regard to accuracy. To the production crew, that car was just a prop needed to convey the product being advertised... ZMax. And from an "artsy fartsy" point of view, that car looks really good on camera, and that's the number one thing that production companies care about; the truth be damned.

The other thing to be mindful of is that when (the year) that commerical was produced, even if the production company cared about accuracy, I suspect that they would not have been able to find a SS that was conviently available for the shoot. Additionally, Carroll, being the talent, is merely reading (memorized?) off a script. If they told him to call the car a Bullitt, he probably would have said "Bullitt". I am of course exaggerating, but I think everyone gets my point.

No matter how the owner slices it, no matter how he chops it, his car is not a legit SS and that's all there is to it.

Yes, and in the end the commercial was not about SA or cars that they build, it was about Z-Max and they used CS as the spokes person, and a nice looking prop (GT500) for the commercial. The beginning of the commercial shows the "old days" GT350, and then now, White w/Blue stripes, (up to date) and CS was the connection between the two era's.

In the commercial it was also a nice mention to the unknowing world that SAI was building a 725h.p. Mustang. That 725 mention alone I'm sure caught some ears.........

R

Archived