TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm disappointed!

NickeH

Being a Mustang enthusiast I've over the years come to the conclusion that I live on the wrong side of the pond... I live in Sweden, as some of you know, and I am the proud owner of the first Shelby GT500 in northern Europe (possbly all of Europe). And, just as many of you guys, I too want to modify and register my Shelby.

But here's the problem, most American companies I've been in touch with are neglecting me!

I've placed orders with companies (and of course supplied my credit card info) and received excactly nothing, they wont even respond to the e-mails I send. :redcard:

I've tried to get in touch with companies that have interesting products and they don't respont to my E-mails either. :redcard:

I tried to register my car at the Shelby-site, and again; impossible because I don't have an american address! I tried to e-mail them too, and again; NO RESPONSE!!! :redcard:

I went over to LA last year and went to Galpin Motorsports that had just opened, while there I found the rims I had always wanted for my -05 GT. Just to make sure I would get them without trouble I paid an extra $1.000 to have them FedExed over to Sweden (that's right just the freight cost...) They promised I would have them by the time I got home, but NOOOO. I took 2½ MONTHS before I got them, and, guess what... They send the wrong rims! :censored:

Get me right; I love the US and the people living there, I used to live and study there, but dealing with american companies can be a hassle!

However, I feel I need to end this on a positive note!

There are of course exceptions...

I've been in contact with VMP Tuning and Justin Starkey: Great guy and helped over the phone and I got the stuff I ordered in no time! Excellent guy and company! :hyper:

And Amy Boylan, who personally got in touch with me and told me to contact her if I had any problems getting stuff from SA. :happy feet:

And of course all the great guys and gals on this site, especially Orf, who helped me out in a way that I'm very grateful for! :banana piano:

Right now my car is in the garage awaiting a certain KB on its way from the US... A bunch of other mods will also be added before spring is here, until then it's VOLVO-time! :hysterical2:

/Nick

I'm glad to hear some places are working with you...I really am shocked that some places won't work with you as usually they are so greedy they will take money from anyone. I'd be interested in knowing what places won't help you out or don't respond...I home not Steeda as I use them a lot and have found them to be very good to work with.

Being a Mustang enthusiast I've over the years come to the conclusion that I live on the wrong side of the pond... I live in Sweden, as some of you know, and I am the proud owner of the first Shelby GT500 in northern Europe (possbly all of Europe). And, just as many of you guys, I too want to modify and register my Shelby.

But here's the problem, most American companies I've been in touch with are neglecting me!

I've placed orders with companies (and of course supplied my credit card info) and received excactly nothing, they wont even respond to the e-mails I send. :redcard:

I've tried to get in touch with companies that have interesting products and they don't respont to my E-mails either. :redcard:

I tried to register my car at the Shelby-site, and again; impossible because I don't have an american address! I tried to e-mail them too, and again; NO RESPONSE!!! :redcard:

I went over to LA last year and went to Galpin Motorsports that had just opened, while there I found the rims I had always wanted for my -05 GT. Just to make sure I would get them without trouble I paid an extra $1.000 to have them FedExed over to Sweden (that's right just the freight cost...) They promised I would have them by the time I got home, but NOOOO. I took 2½ MONTHS before I got them, and, guess what... They send the wrong rims! :censored:

Get me right; I love the US and the people living there, I used to live and study there, but dealing with american companies can be a hassle!

I've been in contact with VMP Tuning and Justin Starkey: Great guy and helped over the phone and I got the stuff I ordered in no time! Excellent guy and company! :hyper:

And Amy Boylan, who personally got in touch with me and told me to contact her if I had any problems getting stuff from SA. :happy feet:

And of course all the great guys and gals on this site, especially Orf, who helped me out in a way that I'm very grateful for! :banana piano:

Right now my car is in the garage awaiting a certain KB on its way from the US... A bunch of other mods will also be added before spring is here, until then it's VOLVO-time! :hysterical2:

/Nick

Global Marketing at it's best

I feel for you man

I have a friend who lives in Sweden, She works for SAAB Aerospace

I'm glad to hear some places are working with you...I really am shocked that some places won't work with you as usually they are so greedy they will take money from anyone. I'd be interested in knowing what places won't help you out or don't respond...I home not Steeda as I use them a lot and have found them to be very good to work with.

Steeda actually has a sales-rep on Sweden! I had lots of Steeda goodies on my 05 GT, very pleased with their stuff! I'm actually awaiting their GT500 lowering springs.

post-3819-1171396507_thumb.jpg

post-3819-1171396507_thumb.jpg

Steeda actually has a sales-rep on Sweden! I had lots of Steeda goodies on my 05 GT, very pleased with their stuff! I'm actually awaiting their GT500 lowering springs.

Great looking car! I'm waiting on those springs too and will then determine if I want to put them in but right now I can see no reason not to do that. I'm glad they are as good to you as they are to me - I've found their products to generally be very high quality.

NickeH,

I hope these companies didn't charge you after you gave them your CC info! Good luck and just keep pressing them.

By the way, nice ride! What is that below the GT on the front fender, an emblem or a light?

/Nick

Nick - As for registering your car with SAAC I can`t see why you are having a problem. Please p.m &give me your info & I will pass it on to Rick Kopec Or you can`t contact him yourself if you prefer.

NickeH,

I hope these companies didn't charge you after you gave them your CC info! Good luck and just keep pressing them.

By the way, nice ride! What is that below the GT on the front fender, an emblem or a light?

I actually did loose some money, but not too much...

Below the GT is a light (turn-signal), we HAVE to have them in Europe... I don't have them on the Shelby as I refuse to drill holes in the car...

/Nick

:redcard: Whoa Whoa Whoa :redcard: ! lets not bash volvo here... The S60R is an amaizingly fast and well handling car. Its no 500 horses to the rear wheels but they are a blast to drive and exceptionally fast. Not that that is the volvo you are refering to, but i thought id stick up for the 1 exception the S60R. Other than that, laugh it up!!!

As far as the turn signals on the sides, FIGHT THE POWER! haha dont drill those holes! In Virginia its against the law to not have a front bumper liscense plate and i couldnt bear to see that bracket on the front bumper, let alone the holes in the bumper. So too bad for virginia cause there isnt gonna be a liscense plate ever on the front of that car! :ohsnap:

:redcard: Whoa Whoa Whoa :redcard: ! lets not bash volvo here... The S60R is an amaizingly fast and well handling car. Its no 500 horses to the rear wheels but they are a blast to drive and exceptionally fast. Not that that is the volvo you are refering to, but i thought id stick up for the 1 exception the S60R. Other than that, laugh it up!!!

As far as the turn signals on the sides, FIGHT THE POWER! haha dont drill those holes! In Virginia its against the law to not have a front bumper liscense plate and i couldnt bear to see that bracket on the front bumper, let alone the holes in the bumper. So too bad for virginia cause there isnt gonna be a liscense plate ever on the front of that car! :ohsnap:

No Volvo bashing here... I drive a V70 T5 and wifey drives a V50 T5 AWD, they're both great cars!

/Nick

That is a beautiful Mustang!

Did you install the side marker lights just under the GT emblem on the side of the car? I missed them at first.

Yup, they had to be there I was told... But this time I'm rebelling!

We also have to have a front licenseplate, but I didn't want to drill any holes there either. I got about 15 feet from the frontgates of my company (where I had the car delivered) before I was pulled over by the police! Luckily he just wanted to look at the car...

/Nick

/Nick

I work for a Swedish company (Sandvik). And I have been to Sweden, must say it is a nice country, but a little expensive for my tastes like most of Europe. I hope you have some luck dealing with us crazy Americans. If there is anything that we could do to help you, let us know. Good Luck with the Shelby, nice car!

I work for a Swedish company (Sandvik). And I have been to Sweden, must say it is a nice country, but a little expensive for my tastes like most of Europe. I hope you have some luck dealing with us crazy Americans. If there is anything that we could do to help you, let us know. Good Luck with the Shelby, nice car!

Thanks for offering to help!

This is what I like about this forum; People are in general really nice!

Muscle-car fever IS a global disease...

/Nick

First to stay on topic...pjcobra9t7, does your car have to be "eurized" with the side turn signals and different brake lights we've seen (with one clear segment of the 3)? If so, can you talk about this? In other words, is it shipped already modified? Is there a company that takes delivery in your country and makes the mods? Can you do them yourself?

Yamahar1...that name Sandvik rings a bell..what do they make? I'm sure I've heard of them...once you tell me about their products I'm sure I'll remember.

Dave

you do them yourself?

Yamahar1...that name Sandvik rings a bell..what do they make? I'm sure I've heard of them...once you tell me about their products I'm sure I'll remember.

Dave

It is a huge company world wide. In Sweden they have a huge steel mill. I work in the Process Systems division which is located in North New Jersey. But I live in Michigan, my service area is generally the midwest, but covers the entire western hemisphere, sometimes crazy places like India or China come up also. I service and install the assembly line and tig weld the steel belting, with many kinds of stainless and carbon steel belts. We make assembly lines and steel belting in the food and chemical processing industry. All the big chemical companies, and food companies use our belts like Dow, Dupont, Kraft, Nestle's, Hershey's, so on and so on. Our belts also go into huge German presses that make particle board for flooring and building and such like OSB and MDF. Probably have not heard of my division though, other divisions make welding wire, tubing, hand tools and saw blades and such (Sandvik Coromont). They also have a big mining division. Actually a huge company world wide. Hope I rung a bell, later gaters.

Nick, where did you get the spoiler on your GT...gotta have one. Looks great. Sorry you had to sell it.

Nick, where did you get the spoiler on your GT...gotta have one. Looks great. Sorry you had to sell it.

Don't know if you have seen the one by 3d Carbon, in the boy racer kit I believe, looks similar. His might be a steeda piece, he said he had lots of Steeda on the car......

I have belonged to an International motorcycle club for 25 yrs or so and I feel your pain.

Acouple suggestions.

1. Form a Swedish branch of an American club, gives you more clout when dealing in America.

2. Form a personal alliance with some of your counterparts here on this site or other Shelby sites.

I have booked flights, arranged hotels and even provided bikes for guys from overseas when they attend one of our club's National rallies here in the states. It has been a great expeirence for me making freinds from all over the world and in return I have been offered the same opportunities if and when I decide to travel overseas.

Regardless if I take them up on their offers I'm more than happy to help them out, I have some great memories of their visits, meeting them and their famillies. Its been a blessing for me in a way to meet and learn other peoples cultures, not to mention knocking back a couple pints/beers and exchanging great stories after a day of riding.

goodluck.

Being a Mustang enthusiast I've over the years come to the conclusion that I live on the wrong side of the pond... I live in Sweden, as some of you know, and I am the proud owner of the first Shelby GT500 in northern Europe (possbly all of Europe).

/Nick

Nick, I had to burst your bubble. But as you see there is another GT500 in Europe and that is mine. Was on the waiting list summer 2005 and ordered it on March 13th 2006. One thing I know for sure there is no other Grabber Orange GT500 in Europe. :banana piano:

So you are putting a KB on it. I just have the JLT CAI with tune. I probably will wait for the Whipple 200AX. We always want more power. Grrrrrrrrr.

We have to meet sometime. I know Goran Forsberg and the founder of your club, CMC001 Tord Johnson. Unfortunately I had plans to go to Sweden this summer for your 30th Anniversary, but it is in my vacation. And FiveOhB invited me, so we go to WA, OR and CA.

Nick, I had to burst your bubble. But as you see there is another GT500 in Europe and that is mine. Was on the waiting list summer 2005 and ordered it on March 13th 2006. One thing I know for sure there is no other Grabber Orange GT500 in Europe. :banana piano:

So you are putting a KB on it. I just have the JLT CAI with tune. I probably will wait for the Whipple 200AX. We always want more power. Grrrrrrrrr.

We have to meet sometime. I know Goran Forsberg and the founder of your club, CMC001 Tord Johnson. Unfortunately I had plans to go to Sweden this summer for your 30th Anniversary, but it is in my vacation. And FiveOhB invited me, so we go to WA, OR and CA.

Well... I didn't excactly say I had the ONLY one... I said I had the FIRST one... :happy feet: Big difference. Took delivery of the car Sept. 22 2006 in Stockholm (car was built 06/06). The car has been featured in both magazines and TV up here in the nordic countries! I know that by now there are at least 5 more in Sweden alone... None of wich is Grabber Orange!

I'm sorry you can't make it to Sweden, but I totally understand the choice you've made! As for me I'll be going to the US in April for a short visit! But it would be fun to have you visit!

/Nick

Well... I didn't excactly say I had the ONLY one... I said I had the FIRST one... :happy feet: Big difference. Took delivery of the car Sept. 22 2006 in Stockholm (car was built 06/06). The car has been featured in both magazines and TV up here in the nordic countries! I know that by now there are at least 5 more in Sweden alone... None of wich is Grabber Orange!

I'm sorry you can't make it to Sweden, but I totally understand the choice you've made! As for me I'll be going to the US in April for a short visit! But it would be fun to have you visit!

/Nick

6/6 built date. One the very first. What did you pay over sticker to get that? VIN?

Mine was 11/11. My first GO car was supposed to be here end of Aug 06 but that didn't came through as the dealership gouged me. So I had to wait longer. I wanted to be the FIRST. I am glad you were because you are a real Mustang enthusiast. I am the President of the Dutch Mustang club.

Wow, 5 in Sweden already. I know one in England as Tucker from JLT told me that he did sent a CAI to there. Color unknown. And there are some in Germany.

6/6 built date. One the very first. What did you pay over sticker to get that? VIN?

Mine was 11/11. My first GO car was supposed to be here end of Aug 06 but that didn't came through as the dealership gouged me. So I had to wait longer. I wanted to be the FIRST. I am glad you were because you are a real Mustang enthusiast. I am the President of the Dutch Mustang club.

Wow, 5 in Sweden already. I know one in England as Tucker from JLT told me that he did sent a CAI to there. Color unknown. And there are some in Germany.

It was built in June of 2006, not sure what day, but believe it might have been one of the last built that month. So it was in the first month of production, not in the first day. Boy, THAT would have been sweet!

As far as what I paid and VIN etc. I'll send you a PM on that.

Archived