TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT/SC Shelby Registry numbers

ilmor

In the NorthEast it would be Tasca Ford. There should be a SouthEast shop in Florida but am having trouble recalling the shops name. Then there is/was the Georgia shop but I'm not sure of their current status.

Don't confuse the current generation of mod-shop with the previous generation of mod-shops. The majority of current mod-shops can NOT build CSM numbered cars but are able to perform non-CSM builds like the GT/SC.

And before anyone asks, no I do not have a list of the current mod shops. All mod shop questions really need to be directed to our sales department for proper handling.

Steve

This post made me think about who and who isn't a Shelby mod shop. Old days it was Tasca, Quantum and SAI. Now, I guess the question for me is who outside of Shelby in Las Vegas is an "Authorized" Mod shop. That can badge or designate cars as Shelby GT/SC cars that gets the designation in the registry and the GT/SC side stripes. I know Tasca can do the upgrades, but I thought they were no longer a Shelby "Authorized" Mod shop??

Dave

This post made me think about who and who isn't a Shelby mod shop. Old days it was Tasca, Quantum and SAI. Now, I guess the question for me is who outside of Shelby in Las Vegas is an "Authorized" Mod shop. That can badge or designate cars as Shelby GT/SC cars that gets the designation in the registry and the GT/SC side stripes. I know Tasca can do the upgrades, but I thought they were no longer a Shelby "Authorized" Mod shop??

Dave

Don't confuse the current generation of mod-shop with the previous generation of mod-shops. The majority of current mod-shops in the States can NOT build CSM numbered cars but are able to perform non-CSM builds like the GT/SC.

Don't confuse the current generation of mod-shop with the previous generation of mod-shops. The majority of current mod-shops in the States can NOT build CSM numbered cars but are able to perform non-CSM builds like the GT/SC.

Hi Steven

Are there any shops in the Seattle area that can document a GT/SC build and get them the Whipple SC,stripes and certificates

thanks.

Hi Steven

Are there any shops in the Seattle area that can document a GT/SC build and get them the Whipple SC,stripes and certificates

thanks.

Swede, I'm not sure I'm following your question or at least I hope I'm not but are you saying you want a mod shop to remove the Paxton S/C and replace it with a Whipple S/C?

Steve

Steven - No no and no! :)

I was just wondering if there are any mod shops in or around the Seattle area that do GT/SC builds?

Thanks.

Whew... glad I misinterpreted your post. You would need to check with our sales department along with SPP to see if there is a Tier-II mod-shop in your area. I wish there was a published list of shops available but until either of these departments compile a list, for now you'll have to reach out to them directly.

Steve

Whew... glad I misinterpreted your post. You would need to check with our sales department along with SPP to see if there is a Tier-II mod-shop in your area. I wish there was a published list of shops available but until either of these departments compile a list, for now you'll have to reach out to them directly.

Steve

Thanks Steve.

• 1 year later...

I was just zipping thru some of this info and will definitely have to get back at it later, but there is definitely some info share and updates needed. I am quite interested to get more production info on the 07-08 GT/SC builds as well. I was considering selling my 08 Vista Conv, that is quite likely the ONLY PRE-TITLE fully done GT/SC. I DO know that the info is available, its just a matter of where. I was even contacted around five years ago by someone inquiring about my car from the other side of the country, and they KNEW what had been done to it. His info came from somewhere, so??? I have been to SAI in Vegas years ago and sat with John W and Gary P, they were quite helpful and full of knowledge, as many of you on this site seem to be as well. Hopefully we can pool enough info to get the desired stats.  

Answer:

Shelby knows getting people information is very costly and they make nothing from it. That is because most all people whom want it want to sell their car and make more money! Do they have the information oh yes, will they give it out, oh no. I think it is because once they start and give it to someone then everyone will want it.

What they should do is “sell” the information back to owners whom want it. That would make an additional income stream. I mean we all get it that registry info just costs them money and they make nothing off of it. Now they can make it back plus more. I mean why not make an income stream, they have it.....why not sell it?

Purposed price: $500 for your full car packet, per car.

Questions?

2 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

Shelby only supplies build number info on closed programs and the GT/SC is is still open.  Anything you get would be wrong tomorrow. 

So please explain, you have our ears: Shelby only supplies build number info on closed programs?

2) So Shelby will not give out options on cars they built even if the build program is closed?

3) That is another reason they should sell the information. EVERY owners wants “tissue” on what they bought whether original owner or not. That would seem Kevin Marti wouldn’t even be able to get it either. 

4) Shelby should sell the information then, it only makes sense. People want it, they have it and it costs them to keep it......so sell it to whom ever wants it, $500 per packet for entire cars build history.

So let’s say 1000 owners want history, at $500 per packet....that’s $500,000.00 gross profit minus computer technician time. And people are happy to get it. Let’s say 1-2-3-4000 people want it, that’s $millions of dollars of information people will pay for. 

7 hours ago, twobjshelbys said:

What part of "it would be wrong tomorrow" didn't you understand?

I understood it as it was written. Build numbers are good information but build information is most important like, what was installed at Shelby.....what SC, brakes, cooling packages were installed etc etc

17 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

$500 for a build report? A deluxe Marti Report is only $46.00. I doubt people will pay anywhere near $500.

So if Shelby won’t release the build information, a $46 deluxe marti report is useless. It will just have what Ford installed at the factory not what Shelby installed at SAI. I was only making a point: if someone has a GTSR/GTS/GTE/GTSC/GT350 or Supersnake but doesn’t have a build sheet or an authentic Shelby certificate stating such, a fee to get it is worth it. This is considering all the clones out there that look exactly like the real deal, they will bring a fraction of the price of an original and the pedigree is lost forever.

The $500 is to get some attention, the actual price is up to SAI. However there would be countless people wanting this information so they can pedigree or sell their original Shelby Mustang for top dollar.

2 hours ago, SWEDEMAN said:

So if Shelby won’t release the build information, a $46 deluxe marti report is useless. It will just have what Ford installed at the factory not what Shelby installed at SAI. I was only making a point: if someone has a GTSR/GTS/GTE/GTSC/GT350 or Supersnake but doesn’t have a build sheet or an authentic Shelby certificate stating such, a fee to get it is worth it. This is considering all the clones out there that look exactly like the real deal, they will bring a fraction of the price of an original and the pedigree is lost forever.

The $500 is to get some attention, the actual price is up to SAI. However there would be countless people wanting this information so they can pedigree or sell their original Shelby Mustang for top dollar.

Hey Swedeman, I understand your passion and respect it, but most people are not going to pay anywhere near $500 for a “pedigree” paper. If that was the case,  then Marti reports would be pulling  much higher dollars. The market determines the price of all things. That being said, I do hope Shelby is able to one day provide us with more detailed  build info particular to our Shelby Automobiles.

On 12/30/2018 at 4:10 PM, mhr1961 said:

Hey Swedeman, I understand your passion and respect it, but most people are not going to pay anywhere near $500 for a “pedigree” paper. If that was the case,  then Marti reports would be pulling  much higher dollars. The market determines the price of all things. That being said, I do hope Shelby is able to one day provide us with more detailed  build info particular to our Shelby Automobiles.

I agree 100%. SAI just will not give build information out because they get nothing back, it just costs them money. You know if they do give you certified build information or certificates on an older build, your a lottery winner! Lol. I was just saying they should sell it. They’d be killing 2 birds with one stone by keeping Registry info up to date and getting paid to do it. We/SAI also know that people want it because they can then pedigree their car that they paid for, sell their car as a true/authentic Shelby or just have the documents that make it a 1 of 1 Dream machine....... because without it, it’s just another modded mustang with a Shelby name on the side stripe.

4 minutes ago, SWEDEMAN said:

...... because without it, it’s just another modded mustang with a Shelby name on the side stripe.

To a true enthusiast, I don't think a piece of paper matters that much, but still it would be nice if a detailed breakdown is offered some day. This thread is now almost a decade old in regard to the matter, so I am not going to hold my breath that it will happen because I don't want to chance turning a shade of Vista Blue waiting for it to happen......:)

2 minutes ago, mhr1961 said:

To a true enthusiast, I don't think a piece of paper matters that much, but still it would be nice if a detailed breakdown is offered some day. This thread is now almost a decade old in regard to the matter, so I am not going to hold my breath that it will happen because I don't want to chance turning a shade of Vista Blue waiting for it to happen......:)

Documentation is everything when you have a Shelby Mustang. I see clones that look exactly like a Shelby and unless you have Shelby tissue, it is just a modded mustang with Shelby on the side stipe.

But your right, it’s not our circus and it’s not our monkeys!

Lucky for us Blue oval folk, the documentation is there. Reprint or orig window stickers matching the VIN and Shelby registry.  In the long run it will be that the SGT’s and KR’s are true pedegree cars.

I’m a classic car guy.  I have been fortunate to be part of a very generous and experienced crowd.  I can tell you, those with gold cars, big money car guys don’t care about those paper details as much. They do care about the small details greatly however.  The joke is any car can be widdled down to 1 of 1 on paper.  And true value...the differed between a bare bones B2 and a my fully loaded Detroit Locker W code...negligible.  On the flip side, 2 Shelby’s Heritage GT...that’s more special than a base, but the options in it...negligible.

In 20 years the SGT build markings will be more important. That’s what will be talked about at gatherings.  Date code battery and tires...you bet.  Orig markings uder the hood, you bet.  That little silver “x” used to center the stripes...that’s special. 

Archived