TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT/SC Shelby Registry numbers

ilmor

• 1 month later...

Since the info is on a computer (I hope) and computers sort info the best, one would think this would be an easy task wouldn't one! I have asked questions like this before only to have the thread hijacked into something about painting stripes on pumpkins or something like that. I think the answer to these and all questions like these will never leave the walls of the Vegas facility.

Since the info is on a computer (I hope) and computers sort info the best, one would think this would be an easy task wouldn't one! I have asked questions like this before only to have the thread hijacked into something about painting stripes on pumpkins or something like that. I think the answer to these and all questions like these will never leave the walls of the Vegas facility.

You'd think, maybe there is a greater reason? I don't understand why there is not a quick answer either, but I suspect if we have to update the registry ourselfs after having a car S/C'sd at SA that the records may be kinda unorganized, or its just not a high priority as it makes them no money to work on this project...? :headscratch:

Its been almost 2 years since the registry project was started?

You'd think, maybe there is a greater reason? I don't understand why there is not a quick answer either, but I suspect if we have to update the registry ourselfs after having a car S/C'sd at SA that the records may be kinda unorganized, or its just not a high priority as it makes them no money to work on this project...? :headscratch:

Its been almost 2 years since the registry project was started?

+1 on that Randy. I do not understand why there is no response. :headscratch: Maybe they need to hire Kevin Marti and get him on the job. I know that when I have called him over the years he always returns the call or even e-mails me the answers or the Ford documents within a few days. If it is about money I would happily pay for supporting documentation or for someone to give me a current total as of this date in time. Time is money and I do not expect things for free , but it would be nice to get answer of some kind as opposed to none or being blown off like the time and money we all spent is not worth pulling up info off their computers and releasing the current totals of the various models. :headscratch: MY CREDIT CARD # is waiting to pay you for the info SAI. IF YOU NEED HELP I WOULD BE HONORED TO RUN THE REGISTRY AND I AM SURE OTHERS WOULD PAY ME OR SOMEONE AT SAI TO GET THEM THE PRODUCTION # info for their cars.

Respectfully ,

Scotty g. For Hire !!! :salute:

Sorry for the delays... I have forwarded this thread to the Registry Manager(s) for their input.. With SEMA and NHRA in Las Vegas, I'm not sure when they will get a chance to respond...

But in a nut shell, there are a few issues with Privacy and other legal matters that currently prohibit any and all of the Shelby Registry from being available on-line...

However, it is being worked on and hopefully there will be a solution that works for everyone salute.gif

Gregg

07SGT0547

The registry is only as good as the data given to it.

Not everyone that has a car is a forum junkie, So if you ask the question "How many SGT/SC's are there" of the registry, the best answer you'll ever get is "how many SGT/SC's are there whose owner entered their info in the registry".

I can almost guarantee you that 08SGT2228 is not registered as a SGT/SC. Even though I had the conversion done, I don't think I entered the info while I owned it. It was literally a matter of days from the work being completed and it going to the auction and I had too many other things on my mind. The car is floating out there in the ether and no owner has ever appeared here.

The registry is only as good as the data given to it.

Not everyone that has a car is a forum junkie, So if you ask the question "How many SGT/SC's are there" of the registry, the best answer you'll ever get is "how many SGT/SC's are there whose owner entered their info in the registry".

I can almost guarantee you that 08SGT2228 is not registered as a SGT/SC. Even though I had the conversion done, I don't think I entered the info while I owned it. It was literally a matter of days from the work being completed and it going to the auction and I had too many other things on my mind. The car is floating out there in the ether and no owner has ever appeared here.

Except for the fact that all S/C installs done at the Mod Shops & SAI could be recorded in the database regardless if the car owner enters it or not...

Now the "owner installed" S/C option is entirely a different matter... Unless they enter their info, then nobody but them will ever know headscratch.gif

However, from the purist's and future collector's standpoint, it is really only those "factory installed" S/C that will truly matter to them, since everyone else can have their car modded at any time they choose...

Kind of like the known 11 GT350s in 1966 that came with a Paxton from Shelby American versus the unknown number of owners who added them after-the-fact...

But trust me, these are all questions and concerns that the entire Registry Team are trying to answer...

Gregg

07SGT0547

The GT/SC badged cars were modified by Shelby, therefore they have numbers on how many were converted. It is a simple screen that comes up and all you have to do is count them. I think this thread is directed toward Shelby GT/SC modified cars, as there is no way to know how many other guys added blowers to their SGT's.

Steve, how about someone pulling up the screen, doing a quick count, and give us a breakdown, such as :

2006 GT-H:

2007 GT/SC (black):

2007 Gt/SC (white):

2007 GT-H SC:

2008 GT/SC coupe (blue):

2008 GT/SC conv. (blue):

2008 BJ GT/SC (coupe):

2008 BJ GT/SC (conv):

2008 GT-C SC (orange):

And, if you'd like, maybe you can break it down into automatics vs sticks and the type of blower installed, although these numbers would not change the number of GT/SC's converted by Shelby or an authorized mod shop.

So for now, how about some figures on the number of SGT's converted to GT/SC's, and maybe later, someone can fine tune it a little more with additional info on the blower types and transmissions.

This is assuming someone kept track, which is waht I was getting at I mean if SA did the conversion why do we have to let them know about it, respectfully asked.

I have many paintings out there that are not documented, as it was not a priority for me in life....I wonder if SA is the same way.....

This is assuming someone kept track, which is waht I was getting at I mean if SA did the conversion why do we have to let them know about it, respectfully asked.

I have many paintings out there that are not documented, as it was not a priority for me in life....I wonder if SA is the same way.....

They kept track! ^_^

I think the answer to these and all questions like these will never leave the walls of the Vegas facility.

I hope the info never leaves Vegas I think its better to be in Mystique.

Speculation always feeds interesting conversations.

(edit I can't spell)

All well and good but :stop: We only have information on Mod Center Super Snakes and Terlingua builds.

Steve is in town this week and will compile the information on the SA builds and post in the appropriate section as a sticky and on a no post thread.

Rogere

Thanks Roger n Steve ; I know that all of us GT/SC owners are very interested in obtaining the numbers on the official supercharged cars from the different Mod Shops n SAI and what

Supercharger they have in their GT/SC n possible the different colors or Model ; like the

HERTZ , GT-C , NOR-CAL , WHITE n BLUE , BJ CARS.

Thanks for all your hard work. Personally this will go a long way towards helping me make a furture purchasing decision on another Shelby car . Knowing how limited or exclusive and having that bragging right and being able to substanciate that through the registry mean more than most people realize to those that collect classic and muscle cars.

Respectfully,

Scotty g. :salute:

The GT/SC badged cars were modified by Shelby, therefore they have numbers on how many were converted. It is a simple screen that comes up and all you have to do is count them. I think this thread is directed toward Shelby GT/SC modified cars, as there is no way to know how many other guys added blowers to their SGT's.

Steve, how about someone pulling up the screen, doing a quick count, and give us a breakdown, such as :

2006 GT-H:

2007 GT/SC (black):

2007 Gt/SC (white):

2007 GT-H SC:

2008 GT/SC coupe (blue):

2008 GT/SC conv. (blue):

2008 BJ GT/SC (coupe):

2008 BJ GT/SC (conv):

2008 GT-C SC (orange):

And, if you'd like, maybe you can break it down into automatics vs sticks and the type of blower installed, although these numbers would not change the number of GT/SC's converted by Shelby or an authorized mod shop.

So for now, how about some figures on the number of SGT's converted to GT/SC's, and maybe later, someone can fine tune it a little more with additional info on the blower types and transmissions.

I think this is an EXCELLENT idea.... I have a pre-title GT/SC with a Paxton. They should surely have a total number on these cars. I've been waiting for 3 yrs to get these numbers. My friends cannot believe it can take this long. I'm sure the post-title cars will continue to funnel in for mods.

Thanks everyone for keeping this ALIVE!!! :salute:

NO Shelby GT/SC cars were built pre-title. All vehicles were owned. The entire program from the beginning was post title. Pre-delivery is another story. Most were done post delivery. We have 65 as the number, without verification at this time, that were delivered to owners from Shelby direct and never made it back to the selling dealer.

There were also 4 superchargers that fell into that category. Polished and Satin finished Paxton's and Black and Polished Whipple's. There were no Kenne Bell SC's at the time of the initial offering.

Hope this helps to clarify. We are working on obtaining Mod Center information. We have our own records at this time only.

Roger

NO Shelby GT/SC cars were built pre-title. All vehicles were owned. The entire program from the beginning was post title. Pre-delivery is another story. Most were done post delivery. We have 65 as the number, without verification at this time, that were delivered to owners from Shelby direct and never made it back to the selling dealer.

There were also 4 superchargers that fell into that category. Polished and Satin finished Paxton's and Black and Polished Whipple's. There were no Kenne Bell SC's at the time of the initial offering.

Hope this helps to clarify. We are working on obtaining Mod Center information. We have our own records at this time only.

Roger

Thanks for the update Roger !!!

Scotty :salute:

• 6 years later...

This topic died quickly in 2010.

When I took re-delivery of my 08 SGT/SC Convertible after SAI installed the super charger and other goodies they estimated there were less than 20 of that model (2008 Vert) that had the supercharger added at SAI.

*Any hopes of getting any updated production or registry numbers?

*During the build (May of 2013) SAI informed me that FRP was discontinuing sale and distribution of Whipple superchargers and there weren't any left. I was going to have to settle for a SC branded with just Whipple and not FRP/Whipple. When I picked up the car they had found one more and estimated it could be the last FRP/Whipple branded SC installed on a 4.6 at SAI. Not making any outrageous claims here just stating facts of a conversation. Could that signal the end of the SC program for 2006-2008 SGT's at SAI?

* Does anyone know of any 2006-2008 conversions to SGT/SC done at SAI since mid 2013?

Thanks

This topic died quickly in 2010.

When I took re-delivery of my 08 SGT/SC Convertible after SAI installed the super charger and other goodies they estimated there were less than 20 of that model (2008 Vert) that had the supercharger added at SAI.

*Any hopes of getting any updated production or registry numbers?

*During the build (May of 2013) SAI informed me that FRP was discontinuing sale and distribution of Whipple superchargers and there weren't any left. I was going to have to settle for a SC branded with just Whipple and not FRP/Whipple. When I picked up the car they had found one more and estimated it could be the last FRP/Whipple branded SC installed on a 4.6 at SAI. Not making any outrageous claims here just stating facts of a conversation. Could that signal the end of the SC program for 2006-2008 SGT's at SAI?

* Does anyone know of any 2006-2008 conversions to SGT/SC done at SAI since mid 2013?

Thanks

If I am not mistaken the GT/SC program is still open. As stated in several other threads, SAI typically does not release build numbers until a program closes. Steve will probably chime in for clarification.

I hope they keep the program open because I will probably supercharge my 2008 SGT Vert next year and would like to have it done at SAI.

If I am not mistaken the GT/SC program is still open. As stated in several other threads, SAI typically does not release build numbers until a program closes. Steve will probably chime in for clarification.

I hope they keep the program open because I will probably supercharge my 2008 SGT Vert next year and would like to have it done at SAI.

Yes the GT/SC program is not only still open but there are more authorized shops than ever that can install the GT/SC package. With that said official build numbers are quite a way down the road.

Steve

Yes the GT/SC program is not only still open but there are more authorized shops than ever that can install the GT/SC package. With that said official build numbers are quite a way down the road.

Steve

Thanks Steve for clarifying that. I think the GT/SC is the ultimate Shelby package and probably the best ever.

Just recently (it may not surprise many but did me) I had a conversation with a person whom had compared both the new GT350 and the 2007-08 GT/SC cars and declared the original GT/SC as a car that not only competes but a car he would choose over the new flat plane crank car!!!

Yes it was hard to believe, but I respect this person and had to give the statement that merit.

Although I have my reservations a GT/SC would hold a track advantage against the GT350, maybe a strait line but on a track I don't think so.

Either way it was an incredible comparison I thought I should pass along.

Edited: the "n" in don't

Steve

Steve,

Based on your statement above there are authorized shops other than SA in Las Vegas that can do a GT/SC package.If so who are they? I am hoping some are on the east coast.Really interested.

Thanks

Steve,

Based on your statement above there are authorized shops other than SA in Las Vegas that can do a GT/SC package.If so who are they? I am hoping some are on the east coast.Really interested.

Thanks

In the NorthEast it would be Tasca Ford. There should be a SouthEast shop in Florida but am having trouble recalling the shops name. Then there is/was the Georgia shop but I'm not sure of their current status.

Don't confuse the current generation of mod-shop with the previous generation of mod-shops. The majority of current mod-shops can NOT build CSM numbered cars but are able to perform non-CSM builds like the GT/SC.

And before anyone asks, no I do not have a list of the current mod shops. All mod shop questions really need to be directed to our sales department for proper handling.

Steve

Archived