TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's late but it's here...

cjgt500

I took delivery a couple of weeks ago but have not had time to post a write-up since then.

The car was ordered in March 06 shortly after order bank was opened. The dealer is Burns Ford, oddly enough in Burns, Oregon. Burns Ford is the oldest dealer in Oregon and the oldest dealer still in the same building west of the Mississippi. The surrounding area is range land and desert like areas so it is no surprise that most of their sales are trucks. In fact the day we picked up the car, there were nothing but trucks in the service bays except for a shiny white coupe with blue stripes! This was the only GT500 they would see for 07 model year. Price was MSRP plus their dealer certification fee.

The car was scheduled to be built the last week of Nov. The estimated delivery date came and went, but by then the brake cable rework news came out and it apparently got caught up in that with a rescheduled delivery of Jan 27. It arrived before then but sat at the dealer for a week before the weather was good enough to pick it up.

So far I’ve driven the car 400 miles back from Burns to Portland, Or. It was about 9 deg F. in the morning when we arrived at the dealership and by noon when we left the dealer it was just above freezing. But the weather stayed clear for the whole trip even if cold so it was a nice drive but at conservative speeds. There was still some sand and gravel in places between the tire tracks so I had taped some plastic to the rocker panels and rear quarter to avoid rock chips on the drive back. Those sticky tires seem to pick up everything. But no gravel damage and no mechanical problems with the car.

When cleaning up the car after the trip, I noticed a few fine scratches on the top of the bumper. The dealer said that the car arrived without any front plastic covering of any sort. I suspect the truck driver nosed the car too close to the bumper of another vehicle on the truck and then tore off the plastic to hide the damage. The scratches didn’t go thru the clear coat and some rubbing took them out.

Since then I’ve had VentureShield clear plastic applied to front bumper and rocker panels. The hood is covered up to the extractor vents. This was not the kit but a custom installation since the pre-cut kit does not cover the stripes at all. I want to drive the car, but I don’t want to worry about rock chips all the time, so I think this will be worth it in the long haul.

I have a set of Corsa exhausts waiting to go on but between work and some other responsibilities, I haven’t had time to tackle that.

It’s been fun so far and I hope everyone who gets one of these cars is able to enjoy it without too much trouble from law enforcement.

I tried to post some pictures but my internet connection appears to be suffering an electron shortage so we'll keep this simple for now.

Charlie

Congrats Charlie. :happy feet:

I am glad you are enjoying your car. :shift:

I am caught up in the cracked tranny hold thing right now, so I know how you must of felt.

I think I am about 5 hours from you. If your ever up in the Portland/Vancouver metro area we should get together with our cars.

Catch ya later.

Rob

I took delivery a couple of weeks ago but have not had time to post a write-up since then.

The car was ordered in March 06 shortly after order bank was opened. The dealer is Burns Ford, oddly enough in Burns, Oregon. Burns Ford is the oldest dealer in Oregon and the oldest dealer still in the same building west of the Mississippi. The surrounding area is range land and desert like areas so it is no surprise that most of their sales are trucks. In fact the day we picked up the car, there were nothing but trucks in the service bays except for a shiny white coupe with blue stripes! This was the only GT500 they would see for 07 model year. Price was MSRP plus their dealer certification fee.

The car was scheduled to be built the last week of Nov. The estimated delivery date came and went, but by then the brake cable rework news came out and it apparently got caught up in that with a rescheduled delivery of Jan 27. It arrived before then but sat at the dealer for a week before the weather was good enough to pick it up.

So far I’ve driven the car 400 miles back from Burns to Portland, Or. It was about 9 deg F. in the morning when we arrived at the dealership and by noon when we left the dealer it was just above freezing. But the weather stayed clear for the whole trip even if cold so it was a nice drive but at conservative speeds. There was still some sand and gravel in places between the tire tracks so I had taped some plastic to the rocker panels and rear quarter to avoid rock chips on the drive back. Those sticky tires seem to pick up everything. But no gravel damage and no mechanical problems with the car.

When cleaning up the car after the trip, I noticed a few fine scratches on the top of the bumper. The dealer said that the car arrived without any front plastic covering of any sort. I suspect the truck driver nosed the car too close to the bumper of another vehicle on the truck and then tore off the plastic to hide the damage. The scratches didn’t go thru the clear coat and some rubbing took them out.

Since then I’ve had VentureShield clear plastic applied to front bumper and rocker panels. The hood is covered up to the extractor vents. This was not the kit but a custom installation since the pre-cut kit does not cover the stripes at all. I want to drive the car, but I don’t want to worry about rock chips all the time, so I think this will be worth it in the long haul.

I have a set of Corsa exhausts waiting to go on but between work and some other responsibilities, I haven’t had time to tackle that.

It’s been fun so far and I hope everyone who gets one of these cars is able to enjoy it without too much trouble from law enforcement.

I tried to post some pictures but my internet connection appears to be suffering an electron shortage so we'll keep this simple for now.

Charlie

congrat's Charlie glad the scracthes came off have fun with the beast!!!

Adding some photos.

1: GT500 in front of dealership; sells ATV's too!

2: warming up at 9F with Sam the salesman

3: CJ on left before the group hug!

4: The road home (Hwy 20, OR)

5: All taped up but safe at home!

Upload sequence may be different than listed but subjects should be obvious.

post-5935-1171401019_thumb.jpg

post-5935-1171401091_thumb.jpg

post-5935-1171401238_thumb.jpg

post-5935-1171401284_thumb.jpg

post-5935-1171401326_thumb.jpg

post-5935-1171401019_thumb.jpg

post-5935-1171401091_thumb.jpg

post-5935-1171401238_thumb.jpg

post-5935-1171401284_thumb.jpg

post-5935-1171401326_thumb.jpg

Adding some photos.

1: GT500 in front of dealership; sells ATV's too!

2: warming up at 9F with Sam the salesman

3: CJ on left before the group hug!

4: The road home (Hwy 20, OR)

5: All taped up but safe at home!

Upload sequence may be different than listed but subjects should be obvious.

Congrats, the car looks awsome! Thanks for the pics. I love the Insta Bra! Are you selling those? :hysterical2:

KC666

Congrats, the car looks awsome! Thanks for the pics. I love the Insta Bra! Are you selling those? :hysterical2:

KC666

Gee, I used most of the roll of green masking tape already, but I can ship you what's left and a roll of heavy duty stretch film for typical GT500 ADM prices...

Archived