TEAM SHELBY FORUM

San Bruno Gas Explosion!

Any west coasters affected by that terrible explosion on Thursday night?

Good Lord, I hope not!!!! What a terrible tragedy!

BIKEBOY,

OK here in the S.F. East Bay... but there are several TS members on the peninsula south of San Francisco (near the SFO airport) that are close to this incident location. I hope they weren't affected by this. What a terrible accident. Here's more http://www.ktvu.com/...907/detail.html

My grandparents lived within 5 miles of the location. I myself have personally driven by there hundreds, if not thousands, of times going down Sneath Lane to Tanforan Mall or taking my grandmother out to dinner nearby.

Natural gas lines run underground all over the country. I'm sure there are people who don't even realize how close they actually are to one.

Hopefully no one here (TS) was affected by the fire. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people that were.

Dan

My grandparents lived within 5 miles of the location. I myself have personally driven by there hundreds, if not thousands, of times going down Sneath Lane to Tanforan Mall or taking my grandmother out to dinner nearby.

Natural gas lines run underground all over the country. I'm sure there are people who don't even realize how close they actually are to one.

Hopefully no one here (TS) was affected by the fire. My thoughts and prayers go out to the people that were.

Dan

Dan...it seems almost morbid to comment. But I can't help seeing the irony in your sig. When I logged in just now, and saw your post, I immediately thought it was a sarcastic post without realizing where our sig.s show-up on the screen.

BIKEBOY

+1 on the prayers.

I grew up a few miles from there, as the crow flies. Had many old family friends there on "the sunny side" of Skyline Drive, but haven't been in contact with any of them in 30 or 40 years now. Hope they're all OK, if any of them are even still among us!

Dan...it seems almost morbid to comment. But I can't help seeing the irony in your sig. When I logged in just now, and saw your post, I immediately thought it was a sarcastic post without realizing where our sig.s show-up on the screen.

BIKEBOY

+1 on the prayers.

BIKEBOY, yeah my sign on name refers to that beautiful Whipple under the hood. I didn't even think about my sign on name when I posted...

I grew up a few miles from there, as the crow flies. Had many old family friends there on "the sunny side" of Skyline Drive, but haven't been in contact with any of them in 30 or 40 years now. Hope they're all OK, if any of them are even still among us!

Of almost 40 years of visiting my grandparents, I never knew there was a "sunny side" of Skyline, "foggy side" maybe. My grandparent lived off Sharp Park, below Skyline College.

Hopefully the updated death toll is final. That neighborhood has definitely suffered enough loss.

Dan

Archived