TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A little twist on the hood pin set up (without the "twist").................

Robert M

I had seen these at a car show a year over a year ago............................

Picture250.jpg

Picture249.jpg

So that got me thinking, those look great!! It still keeps the hood pin set up, but upgrades it a little.................

Picture1755.jpg

Picture1752.jpg

Picture1753.jpg

These are "one-off's", I had them made. My dilema now is, do I want to leave the lettering natural, or fill the outline with black? I am not sure yet.

Opinions?

I would also like to find some torx or hex fasteners to replace the phillips heads, but that is for another day................

R

These are "one-off", I had them made. My dilema now is, do I want to leave the lettering natural, or fill the outline with black? I am not sure yet.

Opinions?

I would also like to find some torx or hex fasteners to replaced the phillips heads, but that is for another day................

R

Robert.

Those are bad *ss!

I would love a set.

My SS is black.

However, I like the pictured NON-black lettering set on the your red SS.

Natural = Yes. Subtle and stealthy.

Vote: NO on the black lettering.

i got a box of allen head screws from lasky supply there really neet they have a little pin in the center of the head so a standard allen wrench wont insert in the head . they came with a special allen wrench the has a hollow center that fits over the pin .

JIM

I had seen these at a car show a year over a year ago............................

Picture250.jpg

Picture249.jpg

So that got me thinking, those look great!! It still keeps the hood pin set up, but upgrades it a little.................

Picture1755.jpg

Picture1752.jpg

Picture1753.jpg

These are "one-off's", I had them made. My dilema now is, do I want to leave the lettering natural, or fill the outline with black? I am not sure yet.

Opinions?

I would also like to find some torx or hex fasteners to replace the phillips heads, but that is for another day................

R

SA had some made during the first model run but didn't offer them to the public, they had the black lettering :ninja:

Very nice! How do we get a set?

I bought the plain Shelby Billet hood pin kit and had a friend of mine do the engraving. It cost me a bundle. The pin kit was just under $100, then my CNC friend had to design the artwork/text and write a .dxf program to run the CNC machine, then he had to machine a jig to hold the billet aluminum while the machine engraved. Crazy!!

I had the option of doing the stick lettering as is shown in the first pictures on the Silver SS, or the outlined letters. I liked the look of the outlined letters best, personal preference.

Thank you to all for the compliments. I do like the natural/stealth look best.

R

i got a box of allen head screws from lasky supply there really neet they have a little pin in the center of the head so a standard allen wrench wont insert in the head . they came with a special allen wrench the has a hollow center that fits over the pin .

JIM

Thanks Jim. What thread are the screws that you have mentioned^^^^^^^^?

R

Archived