TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Inside fuse box

eye.guy

I am having a problem with my Iphone 4 and Sync. One of the fixes is to pull fuse #3 the Sync fuse and wait 15 minutes and it should recover. Problem is i have checked the manual for the fuse box location and cant find the fuse box. Is it me or just relocated in the Shelby GT 500 SVT PP?

Please help if you can. I have replace many a fuse in other cars I have owned.

Not sure if the manual is correct. i have removed the kick panel on the passenger side footwell and see nothing resembling a fuse box cover..

A picture of it would be nice if you have one to post.

I am having a problem with my Iphone 4 and Sync. One of the fixes is to pull fuse #3 the Sync fuse and wait 15 minutes and it should recover. Problem is i have checked the manual for the fuse box location and cant find the fuse box. Is it me or just relocated in the Shelby GT 500 SVT PP?

Not sure if the manual is correct. i have removed the kick panel on the passenger side footwell and see nothing resembling a fuse box cover..

The fuse box is under the hood. Open the hood, standing in front of your car look for the yellow washer fluid cap. Directly behind it is a black rectangular box. The latch to open is on the back {towards the firewall} you just push it towards the front and the lid pulls up.

Easy, I can take a pic if you need it. You want 2010 or 2011, I have both in the garage!!!

There are fuse boxes both inside (passenger side footwell) and in the engine compartment. The engine compartment fuses handle mostly engine and drivetrain related circuits. The passenger footwell fusebox handles interior functions, e.g. as the OP points out, SYNC.

The inside fusebox IS behind the passenger footwell right side kick panel, except it is hidden behind a "curtain" of a black paper like material. This "curtain" has two flaps that are held together with velcro. Be careful separating these flaps as the material tears easily. (Frankly I'm not sure why it's there or what purpose it serves.)

I'm not at home at the moment so cannot post a picture, but trust me, the fusebox IS where the manual says it is. BTW my car is a 2011 SVTPP, which I gather is what you're asking about.

There are fuse boxes both inside (passenger side footwell) and in the engine compartment. The engine compartment fuses handle mostly engine and drivetrain related circuits. The passenger footwell fuse box handles interior functions, e.g. as the OP points out, SYNC.

The inside fuse box IS behind the passenger footwell right side kick panel, except it is hidden behind a "curtain" of a black paper like material. This "curtain" has two flaps that are held together with velcro. Be careful separating these flaps as the material tears easily. (Frankly I'm not sure why it's there or what purpose it serves.)

I'm not at home at the moment so cannot post a picture, but trust me, the fuse box IS where the manual says it is. BTW my car is a 2011 SVTPP, which I gather is what you're asking about.

Yes, it is fuse number three in the inside fuse box. The box has a removable cover and is under a piece of felt like paper (agree...it does seems like it would tear easily) which is taped down....all of which is behind a removable piece of plastic in the passenger kick well area. A schematic of the fuse locations is on the underside of the fuse box cover. I've had to pull my fuse twice now because of my i-phone. The second time I put the fuse back in with the amperage number upside down so it would be easier to find the next time. Good luck!

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem with my Iphone 4 and Sync, also. I was doing the same thing. Where is this location? I wonder if this is a known problem. My sync isn't working. I guess, I will do reset that everyone is talking about. Hope it works.

Darryl

• 2 months later...

Archived