TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Caroll Shelby Signatur Help

CrzyHorse

http://cscf.org/donating_autograph.php

Here ya go.

Chris

Thank you for the link. I have ordered my other signature from there. I will order the KR's also but was talking about specifically having a picture of Caroll Shelby holding the airbag cover in the photo. I have seen a few people here have it so if they can chime in it would be appreciated.

Thank you for the link. I have ordered my other signature from there. I will order the KR's also but was talking about specifically having a picture of Caroll Shelby holding the airbag cover in the photo. I have seen a few people here have it so if they can chime in it would be appreciated.

CryHorse, Please contact the Shelby Foundation directly. You'll find their contact info in the link that Chris posted earlier. It's the foundation folks that set the guidelines when it comes to the procedure for obtaining Carroll's autograph and they will be the ones who can let you know if your request can be fulfilled.

Steve

CryHorse, Please contact the Shelby Foundation directly. You'll find their contact info in the link that Chris posted earlier. It's the foundation folks that set the guidelines when it comes to the procedure for obtaining Carroll's autograph and they will be the ones who can let you know if your request can be fulfilled.

Steve

Alright thank you very much Steve.

CrazyHorse, I shipped off my Maroney Sticker yesterday with the area I wanted signed taped off, making it very clear as to the location I desired. I enclosed a check for the $150.00 + shipping + enclosed a disposable camera asking for a photo of Mr. Shelby signing my window sticker. Not too sure that will happen.....just wanted to make it easy for them in case they were able to oblige!! :)

As soon as I get it back, I will definitely be posting!!! :happy feet:

CrazyHorse, I shipped off my Maroney Sticker yesterday with the area I wanted signed taped off, making it very clear as to the location I desired. I enclosed a check for the $150.00 + shipping + enclosed a disposable camera asking for a photo of Mr. Shelby signing my window sticker. Not too sure that will happen.....just wanted to make it easy for them in case they were able to oblige!! :)

As soon as I get it back, I will definitely be posting!!! :happy feet:

I tired that. Never got my camera back. Honestly I dont think I even got my air bag cover back. I think they are all presigned and just shipped out when they recieve your order.

My experience:

I shipped a brand new one to them and got one back with a ding in the cover. :angry22: I called and asked what to do they said ship it back and they will look at it and make a decision. Since it was already installed before I noticed it-under the cover tape that was on it. I wasnt going to pull it out and then ship it off for them to say sorry its your baby.

Oh-Boy...I don't want to hear that. I don't care if I never see the camera again, but I hope my Maroney sticker isn't someone else's. The VIN better match. Lol...

You know, it is curious however. Why the item gets shipped to Gardena Calif. when SAI is in Vegas???

Oh-Boy...I don't want to hear that. I don't care if I never see the camera again, but I hope my Maroney sticker isn't someone else's. The VIN better match. Lol...

You know, it is curious however. Why the item gets shipped to Gardena Calif. when SAI is in Vegas???

I sent mine in with the camera taped to the back of the cover, and a note on the front of the cover asking if they could take some photos of the signing. I also wrote my name on the note and camera, so they knew who to send it back to. When I got it back I had 3 pics on my camera.

I sent mine in with the camera taped to the back of the cover, and a note on the front of the cover asking if they could take some photos of the signing. I also wrote my name on the note and camera, so they knew who to send it back to. When I got it back I had 3 pics on my camera.

It gets sent to Gardena, b/c that's where Shelby lives.

Thanks for that...I just e-mailed Robert Lane to inquire that very thing.

It gets sent to Gardena, b/c that's where Shelby lives.

I did the same thing. Typed a note asking if they could take a picture or two of him signing. How long ago did you send yours in?

I tired that. Never got my camera back. Honestly I dont think I even got my air bag cover back. I think they are all presigned and just shipped out when they recieve your order.

My experience:

I shipped a brand new one to them and got one back with a ding in the cover. :angry22: I called and asked what to do they said ship it back and they will look at it and make a decision. Since it was already installed before I noticed it-under the cover tape that was on it. I wasnt going to pull it out and then ship it off for them to say sorry its your baby.

Absolutely 100% NOT true and am quite shocked you would make such a statement. I can certainly understand your frustration if you believe your cover was damaged during shipping but it was your choice to decline the Foundations assistance in resolving something that they may have had zero involvement with.

I'm not sure what you wanted the foundation to do over the phone but I can't think of any company that would send a customer $400* because they called them up with a complaint without the return of the part first. * I'm using the ballpark price of $150 for the part and $250 for the autograph.

The Shelby Foundation is run by just a few individuals who are all accessible thru the foundation website at www.cscf.org and I'm am confident they would have worked with you given the chance.

Steve

I did the same thing. Typed a note asking if they could take a picture or two of him signing. How long ago did you send yours in?

Sometime in January 2010 I think. I was really happy that they took the pictures for me. I certainly didn't expect them too, and I can't imagine how much extra time it takes them to do. I could see the stacks of stuff that still needed to be signed right there on the desk he was signing them on.

I was just stating what I thought. Since I got it back in different box, differnet packagin, no camera, no note. Just lead me to believe what I stated.

There was no damage on the shipping box. That was the first thing I looked for. The mark was under the protective film.

Your right it was my choice to not send it back. Ive just learned to live with it. It just wasnt worth the time for a chance.

At some point Im gonna send my original cover in to have it signed. Just so I have a back up.

Absolutely 100% NOT true and am quite shocked you would make such a statement. I can certainly understand your frustration if you believe your cover was damaged during shipping but it was your choice to decline the Foundations assistance in resolving something that they may have had zero involvement with.

I'm not sure what you wanted the foundation to do over the phone but I can't think of any company that would send a customer $400* because they called them up with a complaint without the return of the part first. * I'm using the ballpark price of $150 for the part and $250 for the autograph.

The Shelby Foundation is run by just a few individuals who are all accessible thru the foundation website at www.cscf.org and I'm am confident they would have worked with you given the chance.

Steve

If you include a camera you MUST include a note saying it is there.You do include a letter with the check right? Be sure to say there is a camera in the box and to please take a few shots. They are small, and disappear in the wrapping in the big box.

It's also a good idea to mark off the area you want the signature and put a "This Side Up" on it. I taped off the bottom 1/2 of mine. He usually signs on the top 1/2 but the bottom half was to be reserved for the other sigs.

Yes I typed up a letter. That way no issues with reading hand writing. Camera was Fujti film-so that bright green box. Note was wrapped around everything, so when you open up box first thing you saw was note.

If you include a camera you MUST include a note saying it is there.You do include a letter with the check right? Be sure to say there is a camera in the box and to please take a few shots. They are small, and disappear in the wrapping in the big box.

It's also a good idea to mark off the area you want the signature and put a "This Side Up" on it. I taped off the bottom 1/2 of mine. He usually signs on the top 1/2 but the bottom half was to be reserved for the other sigs.

I was just stating what I thought. Since I got it back in different box, differnet packagin, no camera, no note. Just lead me to believe what I stated.

There was no damage on the shipping box. That was the first thing I looked for. The mark was under the protective film.

Your right it was my choice to not send it back. Ive just learned to live with it. It just wasnt worth the time for a chance.

At some point Im gonna send my original cover in to have it signed. Just so I have a back up.

I think that's a good idea.

Did the camera have your name written on it? You may want to contact the foundation and explain that you sent a camera but didn't receive it back. They are not going to throw out things like that. Mistakes can happen but you have to give them a chance to resolve them.

Steve

I dont think I wrote my name on it. I assumed it would be opened, signed and re packaged. But you know what happens when you assume.

I think that's a good idea.

Did the camera have your name written on it? You may want to contact the foundation and explain that you sent a camera but didn't receive it back. They are not going to throw out things like that. Mistakes can happen but you have to give them a chance to resolve them.

Steve

Archived