TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for a 2011 GT 500

Speed Racer

Hello everyone, I am new here but have been a Shelby enthusiast for many years. Having owned a 68 and 69 GT350 in past , I miss having a Shelby in the garage. Now I am looking to purchase to purchase a 2011 GT500. Kona Blue, white stripes, and electronics package. My question is what dealers do you folks recommend? I would like to stay on the east coast. I am an hour or so north of Philadelphia. I really hate to pay MSRP on any car and would like to get $2,000 and $2,500 off MSRP. I think that is fair and the dealer is making some $$$ without dipping into their holdback.

Quick question regarding the rear in the 2011 GT 500. Does the rear have a third member that can easily be changed out ? The reason I ask is that I would to install 3:73's in the rear. So if it is an easy swap I woudl just purchase a new third member with the 3:73's and pull out the old one with the 3:55's and save it. Do you then need to use a programmer to calibrate the ECM to the new gear ratio?

I have a 2009 SRT8 6 speed Challenger that I want to trade in or sell outright. The car only has 1,600 miles on it. I have a clear title in hand.

Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance.

Mike

Welcome to the site. I hope you find the car you're looking for.

When you refer to a "third-member", perhaps it's another name for the upper control arm (UCA). Yes the GT500 has a UCA that can be swapped out. Many folks have replaced the stock UCA as a means to eliminate wheel hop. Here's a link to a write-up that describes the 2011 GT500 PP suspension.

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2010/08/2011-ford-shelby-gt500-suspension-walkaround.html

If you find a car with the Performance Package, it will come with 3.73 gears instead of 3.55 gears. And yes you need to re-program the PCM to recalibrate the speedometer/odometer if you swap gears; there is another means to do this, but recalibration is the simplest way.

Hello everyone, I am new here but have been a Shelby enthusiast for many years. Having owned a 68 and 69 GT350 in past , I miss having a Shelby in the garage. Now I am looking to purchase to purchase a 2011 GT500. Kona Blue, white stripes, and electronics package. My question is what dealers do you folks recommend? I would like to stay on the east coast. I am an hour or so north of Philadelphia. I really hate to pay MSRP on any car and would like to get $2,000 and $2,500 off MSRP. I think that is fair and the dealer is making some $$$ without dipping into their holdback.

Quick question regarding the rear in the 2011 GT 500. Does the rear have a third member that can easily be changed out ? The reason I ask is that I would to install 3:73's in the rear. So if it is an easy swap I woudl just purchase a new third member with the 3:73's and pull out the old one with the 3:55's and save it. Do you then need to use a programmer to calibrate the ECM to the new gear ratio?

I have a 2009 SRT8 6 speed Challenger that I want to trade in or sell outright. The car only has 1,600 miles on it. I have a clear title in hand.

Mike

Check this link out it does not have the electronics pkg, but does have the 3.73. It's not a Shelby, but it's still cool!

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=newcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=44605911&listingRecNum=0&criteria=sf1Dir%3DASC%26prMn%3D45000%26alMdId%3D21712%26mkId%3D20015%26stkTyp%3DN%26bsId%3D20203%26mdId%3D21712%26rd%3D100000%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-bsId-mkId-mdId-pseudoPrice-pseudoYear-clrId%26zc%3D01824%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28880%26clrId%3D27124%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26yrMn%3D2011%26alMkId%3D20015%26rpp%3D250%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national

Mike

Here is the car you are looking for http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8JS9B5133748

It is at Spirit Ford in Dundee, MI Here is the link from cars.com http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=newcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=45570554&listingRecNum=23&criteria=sf1Dir%3DASC%26prMn%3D45000%26alMdId%3D21712%26mkId%3D20015%26stkTyp%3DN%26bsId%3D20203%26mdId%3D21712%26rd%3D100000%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-bsId-mkId-mdId-pseudoPrice-pseudoYear-clrId%26zc%3D01824%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-0%26stkTypId%3D28880%26clrId%3D27124%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26yrMn%3D2011%26alMkId%3D20015%26rpp%3D250%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national

I don't know a thing about this dealership though.

If you want the 3.73 gearing to com straight from the factory get one with a SVT pkg. They won't come with a white stripe; it's red or none. But, get one with a stripe delete, and add your white ones.

Mike

Best of luck hunting. Fastest color combo. You'll love it!!

Best of luck hunting. Fastest color combo. You'll love it!!

My wife and I just got back from a 5500 mile driving trip from Denver to New York and all around the New England states in our new '11 GT 500 SVT. Almost every dealer we seen in the northeast had a '11 GT500 on the show room floor. The link below is a good site for searching for a Ford product. Just put in a zip code and you can look at every Ford dealer's inventory in a 300 mile radius of that zip. You can search by model and look at the actual window sticker of each car. Good Luck on your search.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/dealerships/locate/results5/?page=5&zip=92170&city=&state=&specialty=&distance=300

To answer your questions on the third member, these cars don't have one like the old 8" or 9".

The differential is buit into the rear end housing and accessed through a read end cover. So, to change gears you have to pull the cover, pull the axles and then the diff falls out of the rear of the housing. Not as easy as the old days.

Tom

My wife and I just got back from a 5500 mile driving trip from Denver to New York and all around the New England states in our new '11 GT 500 SVT. Almost every dealer we seen in the northeast had a '11 GT500 on the show room floor. The link below is a good site for searching for a Ford product. Just put in a zip code and you can look at every Ford dealer's inventory in a 300 mile radius of that zip. You can search by model and look at the actual window sticker of each car. Good Luck on your search.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/dealerships/locate/results5/?page=5&zip=92170&city=&state=&specialty=&distance=300

As one who lives in Connecicut. A few of the dealers here in the Northeast have them. I was looking, ordered it in May, paid list. Most of the other dealers in the area that I look wanted $1K to $3K over sticker. Also, last I check Galpin Ford in LA had 15 cars in inventory.... guess it pays to one of the largest dealers in the US.

Mike

There are also a lot of dealers putting them on-line like E-bay, Craigslist, Autotrader, etc. My wife found mine on-line. We ended up $3000 under MSRP. I think it's going to depend on the market of the dealer you are dealing with. Some dealers can sell GT500's faster than they can get them. Others may have a little tougher time. All that matters is that you are happy with the deal.

There are also a lot of dealers putting them on-line like E-bay, Craigslist, Autotrader, etc. My wife found mine on-line. We ended up $3000 under MSRP. I think it's going to depend on the market of the dealer you are dealing with. Some dealers can sell GT500's faster than they can get them. Others may have a little tougher time. All that matters is that you are happy with the deal.

They are barking these cars on sites like Ebay because they can't move them locally. Many of these in stock '11s sticker mid 50s up and are selling into a saturated market, tough waters. The market for a Mustang with no transmission choice at this price level in its 5th year of production is extremely small.

They are barking these cars on sites like Ebay because they can't move them locally. Many of these in stock '11s sticker mid 50s up and are selling into a saturated market, tough waters. The market for a Mustang with no transmission choice at this price level in its 5th year of production is extremely small.

Pretty sure the cars were for Sale on Ebay before they even hit the Showroom floor.

The Market is hardly Saturated considering the production has increased every one of those 5 years.

You want to see "Saturated" look at corvette sales where most of them are being sold for 0% financing at invoice or well UNDER invoice.

My Original GT500 order sold a week within hitting the dealer lot. My GT500 they had for two weeks. The 11s are selling very well.

The only reason I got mine for $3000 under was my wife/negotiator. Once they were down to MSRP, I was ready to sign. My wife stuck with it and since things were slow at this dealer, and it was the end of the month, she got them below MSRP. I had a bad case of the "gotta have its" and wouldn't have held out as long. Like I said, as long as it was worth it to you, that's all that matters. There's always gonna be someone that got a better deal somewhere.

Pretty sure the cars were for Sale on Ebay before they even hit the Showroom floor.

The Market is hardly Saturated considering the production has increased every one of those 5 years.

You want to see "Saturated" look at corvette sales where most of them are being sold for 0% financing at invoice or well UNDER invoice.

My Original GT500 order sold a week within hitting the dealer lot. My GT500 they had for two weeks. The 11s are selling very well.

GT500 annual build #s have decreased not increased. I watch Ebay very closely and have yet to see one listed for auction/sale that did not have multiple pictures at the respective retailers store.

The Corvette is another example of an expensive toy selling into a saturated market. The GT500 had 0% financing on '07s, $3,000 rebate on '08s, and a $2,000 incentive on '09s.

Archived