TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Waiting Game

BIKEBOY

Just to get back to the original topic a moment, I have it on good authority that cars will begin rolling out as early as next week!

Considering the timeline that was set at the beginning of June, which was 60-90 days, I think a 2 week delay in the rollout is not even worth criticizing here.

For those who didn't want to put a deposit down for months, my guess is if you let production catch up, you can buy a GT350 with a few weeks turn around if not at most 45 days once parts are caught up.

How could anyone have a problem with that? :headscratch:

Dubbs

I hope you are right. Winter will be here soon in pa.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the end, it's what brings you the most personal joy and pleasure.

My next car is a toss up: Boss 302, GT350 or Camaro Z28. The Z28 won't the fastest or the best handling of the three. But the design harkens back to earlier days in my life where many fond memories remain. So, even though a Boss or GT350 would be likely to totally wax my ass, the Camaro would make me happy - and in the end, that's what matters. Get what inspires you.

The GT350 N/A or SC is an awesome car. To those of you who are waiting on one, you won't regret a single minute of it.

Robert,

I agree. Cars are an emotional connection for all of us - otherwise we would all own basic trans just to get from point a to b. My ideal ride contains a mix of what is important to me and to my senses. Looks. Feel. Sound. Touch. And maybe taste - of some burning rubber!!

I just Scoured the GT350 Forums...

Wow!! I feel for the guys that have, not only $$$'s out there, but all this wait. I remember waiting what seemed forever to be an early GT500 orderer ! I could'nt sleep either, as described by a couple of guys over there. The waiting is worse than that first few dates with a new girl, wondering which night will be the 'ONE'!! Lol!!

:hysterical:

What is the story...? Anyone know...? I'm waiting to see how they finally hit the street. With the new front fascia, and all! :happy feet:

BIKEBOY

While I have been waiting, and most of the time patiently, for my build I am probably the most notorious customer that questioned and "bad mouthed" the cook (please no more hate mail). My original gripes were not about the wait but more for the serious lack of communication to buyers which has now been successfully addressed by Shelby. Do I wish my car was ready? Yes! Am I very excited to fly out to Vegas with my 11 year old daughter and sight see from the Hoover Dam all the way across our great country back to pa? Yes! Now that a loose timetable has been communicated to me, I know the wait is almost over.

BTW, please ask the "cooks" not to spit on my car.....

Bite your tongue, and dont jinx me DeWayne!!!! :cry:

But, don't think that scenario isn't already going through my mind. Lets just say I have done all that I could do, and I know all is being done that can be done. It sure might be good to get a couple sales of these cars and convert a few GM guys in Granbury....kinda wish there would be an M3 out there to spank! :shift::dance:

If our bear calipers can withstand the heat of a real track pad I have my eyes set on some of my good friends 911's. That will upset my Porsche club racing buddies.

regarding the boss 302,if i went by the guy who was at the 302 event in montery and new production figures, pricing etc, it would be submitted to plant by now. Funny thing is that jim farley at ford said that they still have to decide pricing and production etc. I dont know if jim farley reports to the guy who was doing the boss information at team shelby etc and was at the event etc. He should probably hire grabber who has posted the only solid info on this car yet.

Production figures are out to the dealers. And Jim does not report to the guy who does the figures.

All Ford dealers will have the opportunity to earn a 2012 Boss 302 Mustang. There are two methods for earning allocation:

Approximately 75% of the 2012 Boss 302 production will be allocated to the Ford dealers as a Share of Nation

Those dealers that sell 75% of the retail Mustangs will participate in the Share of Nation allocation (retail Mustang sales % of Nation) -- through July, this is the Top 794 Mustang dealers

12 months of sales (October '09 - September '10) will be used to determine dealers participating in the Share of Nation. A dealers opportunity to increase share of nation allocation or inclusion in the Top 75% is increased with each Mustang sold through the end of September

Each of the dealers participating in the Share of Nation is guaranteed at least one Boss 302

Lottery

Those Ford dealers not participating in the Share of Nation will be entered into a Lottery for the balance of the allocation

Each dealership participating in the Lottery will receive one chip (entry into the lottery) for being a dealer and one chip for each retail sale over the 12-month period (October '09 - September '10)

Those dealers with ZERO Mustang sales over the last 12-month period will each receive one chip in the lottery

No dealer will earn more then one Boss 302 through the lottery

The Laguna Seca Package will be allocated by a second lottery for all dealers earning a Boss 302 through Share of Nation or Lottery.

Just to get back to the original topic a moment, I have it on good authority that cars will begin rolling out as early as next week!

Considering the timeline that was set at the beginning of June, which was 60-90 days, I think a 2 week delay in the rollout is not even worth criticizing here.

For those who didn't want to put a deposit down for months, my guess is if you let production catch up, you can buy a GT350 with a few weeks turn around if not at most 45 days once parts are caught up.

How could anyone have a problem with that? :headscratch:

Again, my post and point had nothing to do with it taking more time to build these csars than anyone promised you....my point was the Boss release timing will

hurt GT350 sales.......

they (SA) only have as many orders as they have now, whatever that debated number actually is, the only thing we know is that it is disappointing low from an SA point of view.....

and that was without competing with the Boss..........word of the gt350 is everywhere by now and there as many orders as there are....

now that those posh mustang dollars have some competition.......my deduction is Boss orders will take away money from SA.........

anyone can disagree in premise, but in actuality none of will know the tru affect.............there is only speculation........

and lots of unsold GT350 allocations to fuel same. :salute:

Again, my post and point had nothing to do with it taking more time to build these csars than anyone promised you....my point was the Boss release timing will

hurt GT350 sales.......

they (SA) only have as many orders as they have now, whatever that debated number actually is, the only thing we know is that it is disappointing low from an SA point of view.....

and that was without competing with the Boss..........word of the gt350 is everywhere by now and there as many orders as there are....

now that those posh mustang dollars have some competition.......my deduction is Boss orders will take away money from SA.........

anyone can disagree in premise, but in actuality none of will know the tru affect.............there is only speculation........

and lots of unsold GT350 allocations to fuel same. :salute:

:beatdeadhorse:

Time to move on...

LOL,

Yeah, OP was feeling bad for us, and other threads have heard cmplaints as well on length of wait...

I guess you brought up the BOSS thing a few posts into it, but it wasn't the original topic for this thread. :hysterical:

Just thought I would share that the 350s will be out VERY soon. I probably wont have mine for the upcoming events in Texas, but someone might have theirs. (Although I am hoping for a miracle) :superhero:

LOL,

Yeah, OP was feeling bad for us, and other threads have heard cmplaints as well on length of wait...

I guess you brought up the BOSS thing a few posts into it, but it wasn't the original topic for this thread. :hysterical:

Just thought I would share that the 350s will be out VERY soon. I probably wont have mine for the upcoming events in Texas, but someone might have theirs. (Although I am hoping for a miracle) :superhero:

Warren,

wishing you luck for a speedy delivery!!!

Dan

LOL,

you just likened the completion of your car to a miracle.......not me! :hysterical2:

we are praying with you Dubbs............ :salute:

Well, I dont think it will take Shelby a miracle to build it, I just think it will take a miracle for a 9 month idea to come to pass on the EXACT day I need it. Kinda like roulette, it is going to land on SOME number, its just the chances of landing on a particular one is 1 in 33. Multiply that by 9, and you have my bet and hope. There are 80+ people that this would likely benefit as well. 40 of them Shelby people, and at least 20 will be other manufacturer people that would get a chance to see what a GT350 can do against GM and Dodge's best track cars. Probably be nice to have a GT350 at the TEXAS SHELBY GT350 event. :happy feet:

I can hope, right? Call me crazy, but I think Gary Davis and Roger Sorrell and the whole bunch at SA are gonna get this thing done and surprise you! We just might not know till the last minute. Thats fine with me though. Beggers cant be choosers, and Im beggin BIG TIME! :beg:

Well, I dont think it will take Shelby a miracle to build it, I just think it will take a miracle for a 9 month idea to come to pass on the EXACT day I need it. Kinda like roulette, it is going to land on SOME number, its just the chances of landing on a particular one is 1 in 33. Multiply that by 9, and you have my bet and hope. There are 80+ people that this would likely benefit as well. 40 of them Shelby people, and at least 20 will be other manufacturer people that would get a chance to see what a GT350 can do against GM and Dodge's best track cars. Probably be nice to have a GT350 at the TEXAS SHELBY GT350 event. :happy feet:

I can hope, right? Call me crazy, but I think Gary Davis and Roger Sorrell and the whole bunch at SA are gonna get this thing done and surprise you! We just might not know till the last minute. Thats fine with me though. Beggers cant be choosers, and Im beggin BIG TIME! :beg:

Just having some fun Dubbs, Im hoping you car is done in plenty of time for the shindig, that would be awesome. :salute:

Production figures are out to the dealers. And Jim does not report to the guy who does the figures.

All Ford dealers will have the opportunity to earn a 2012 Boss 302 Mustang. There are two methods for earning allocation:

Approximately 75% of the 2012 Boss 302 production will be allocated to the Ford dealers as a Share of Nation

Those dealers that sell 75% of the retail Mustangs will participate in the Share of Nation allocation (retail Mustang sales % of Nation) -- through July, this is the Top 794 Mustang dealers

12 months of sales (October '09 - September '10) will be used to determine dealers participating in the Share of Nation. A dealers opportunity to increase share of nation allocation or inclusion in the Top 75% is increased with each Mustang sold through the end of September

Each of the dealers participating in the Share of Nation is guaranteed at least one Boss 302

Lottery

Those Ford dealers not participating in the Share of Nation will be entered into a Lottery for the balance of the allocation

Each dealership participating in the Lottery will receive one chip (entry into the lottery) for being a dealer and one chip for each retail sale over the 12-month period (October '09 - September '10)

Those dealers with ZERO Mustang sales over the last 12-month period will each receive one chip in the lottery

No dealer will earn more then one Boss 302 through the lottery

The Laguna Seca Package will be allocated by a second lottery for all dealers earning a Boss 302 through Share of Nation or Lottery.

i am well aware that Jim farley is the number 2 or 3 guy at ford. The comment from my post was meant at the team shelby person who kept posting production figures and pricing etc even though it wasnt detrimend yet by Jim and team. The only person who has posted solid information on the Boss is Grabber. Everything else is just talk.

I would have serious issues with not being told until the last minute considering I have the next month already booked up with work, travel, kids doctor appointments, more work and moving to another state in all in the next 40 days.

i am well aware that Jim farley is the number 2 or 3 guy at ford. The comment from my post was meant at the team shelby person who kept posting production figures and pricing etc even though it wasnt detrimend yet by Jim and team. The only person who has posted solid information on the Boss is Grabber. Everything else is just talk.

Well, I hope you have your money down

Well, the person who you are referring to was there at the unveiling. He's also in several pictures with the top brass of Ford, so Im sure he got information we didnt.

If I happen to be in a photo with the president does he give me the nuclear attack codes. Explain to me how Jim Farley doesn't have production figures set,or pricing but this guy has the info? I have been around this stuff as long as the person in question has and they keep a lid on his kind of product info until close to launch so people like him can't run and post it on the Internet,just like he did. Thank god he wasn't in the ford design dome, who knows what he would post(lol)

If I happen to be in a photo with the president does he give me the nuclear attack codes. Explain to me how Jim Farley doesn't have production figures set,or pricing but this guy has the info? I have been around this stuff as long as the person in question has and they keep a lid on his kind of product info until close to launch so people like him can't run and post it on the Internet,just like he did. Thank god he wasn't in the ford design dome, who knows what he would post(lol)

Dude, take it easy. I was only posting what was told to me by the Ford people.

They said - It is a 3 year model, they are going to mirror the original Boss production numbers, the LS is very limited, and the LS will be $7k more that the base Boss

I apologize for upsetting you, that was not my intent.

Damn dude, up the xanax. Lots of us KNOW Ford people here. If we get told something not to share we dont share it.

ANYWAYS, back to the topic...oh yeah, the GT350. Thats what this whole thread is about, yeah, tired of the :waiting: getting anxious. :whistle:

Damn dude, up the xanax. Lots of us KNOW Ford people here. If we get told something not to share we dont share it.

ANYWAYS, back to the topic...oh yeah, the GT350. Thats what this whole thread is about, yeah, tired of the :waiting: getting anxious. :whistle:

Seriously, anyone get a head's up yet on delivery?

Will I be flying to the Bash to pick mine up one year after I committed to buying it?

I understand that this week will be a watershed moment for all who have been waiting for their cars. :salute:

I understand that this week will be a watershed moment for all who have been waiting for their cars. :salute:

So, what are you saying? They have to delay delivery for car washes? :hysterical3:

J/K

I just hope they can give me a heads up soon if it is going to be when I hope and pray, so I can keep a plane ticket at a reasonable cost. But I guess at this point I will fly out there the next day if it is the difference between taking delivery or not having the car for the next months events.

So, what are you saying? They have to delay delivery for car washes? :hysterical3:

J/K

I just hope they can give me a heads up soon if it is going to be when I hope and pray, so I can keep a plane ticket at a reasonable cost. But I guess at this point I will fly out there the next day if it is the difference between taking delivery or not having the car for the next months events.

+1 I've got things planned I can't get out of.

Archived