TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Waiting Game

BIKEBOY

I just Scoured the GT350 Forums...

Wow!! I feel for the guys that have, not only $$$'s out there, but all this wait. I remember waiting what seemed forever to be an early GT500 orderer ! I could'nt sleep either, as described by a couple of guys over there. The waiting is worse than that first few dates with a new girl, wondering which night will be the 'ONE'!! Lol!!

:hysterical:

What is the story...? Anyone know...? I'm waiting to see how they finally hit the street. With the new front fascia, and all! :happy feet:

BIKEBOY

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BIKEBOY,

You might be bringing up a sour subject. :(

At least all of the people that have ordered their GT350s know that their cars are parked in a safe place and that their deposit money has been put into an interest bearing escrow account.... (I'm not sure about the second one, I need to brush up on what's the legally accepted procedure on collecting and using deposit monies).

AJ

BIKEBOY,

At least all of the people that have ordered their GT350s know that their cars are parked in a safe place and that their deposit money has been put into an interest bearing escrow account.... (I'm not sure about the second one, I need to brush up on what's the legally accepted procedure on collecting and using deposit monies).

AJ

Sorry AJ.

Didn't mean to do that. Serious. I am just chomping at the bit to see what the look of the final production will bear. I am in the market for another car, and am listing the BMW to replace it. Can't stomach a BOSS, and the new SGT car is cool, but not enough info on that one yet, either.

Chris

Sorry AJ.

Didn't mean to do that. Serious. I am just chomping at the bit to see what the look of the final production will bear. I am in the market for another car, and am listing the BMW to replace it. Can't stomach a BOSS, and the new SGT car is cool, but not enough info on that one yet, either.

Chris

I know you meant well, just busting your balls. I'm sure most of those guys and girls are getting more and more impatient. The whole situation reminds me of an old article on, I wanna say, Fast Company about how to deal with a similar scenario. The example was the following: you are standing in line for something that's important to you, and it's a very long line that's not moving. If you don't see what's the hold-up at the beginning of the line (because it's around the building for example) and you can't leave your spot to see what's happening, it's very likely you are pissed beyond belief and wanna kill somebody. Anybody. But now a nice girl comes by the line, talking to each person one by one and telling them how many people they have in front of them and how long will it take to get to the front. She comes up to you and tells you that you are #217 and it will take 45 minutes to get to the front. Now, your whole attitude has very likely changed, because you know that whatever you do, it will take 45 minutes to get there. Just by knowing what's going on, the angry mob has become a controllable and compliant civilized group of people. And if you get there in 40 minutes, you are even positively surprised...

The take-away as you probably see my point already is that if Shelby contacts each customer and tells them exactly how long they will have to wait and why, it's very likely they will not loose any customers and each of those will patiently wait for their turn. On the other hand, if Shelby does not inform them one-on-one about their specific status, they very likely will loose more customers that figure "why wait on a GT350 when I can get a BOSS tomorrow"? I've already seen a few people selling their base car before conversion, because they grew tired of waiting and not having any outlook on when they would get their car.

For you, what about a GT500 that could be turned into a SuperSnake maybe at a later time?

AJ

AJ

BIKEBOY,

AJ

does the interest on their deposit goes towards their balance? :lurk:

I think the Boss train pulling into the station before anyone has seen a real GT350 hurts SA big time............I mean, afterall, it is September!!!

While 8 or 9 months isnt a world record for time gone by waiting for a new car to materialize,

you would think that with the Boss train barreling down on them,

somehow they would have gotten it done.

And selling a striped down white mustang now that was ordered before the 2011s hit the street is gonna hurt, count on that. :salute:

I'm not a lawyer so I can't tell you. But, if I was "investing" $60K+ into anything, I would definitely consult one to be clear about the rules and regulations that govern deposits. :read:

I think the Boss train pulling into the station before anyone has seen a real GT350 hurts SA big time............I mean, afterall, it is September!!!

While 8 or 9 months isnt a world record for time gone by waiting for a new car to materialize,

And selling a striped down white mustang now that was ordered before the 2011s hit the street is gonna hurt, count on that. :salute:

Completely agree. I think two things contributed most to the delays:

1. Supercharger certification (I'm not gonna touch that with a 10 foot pole, there is a lot of blame to be shared there by most of the players)

2. The change of guard at SA at the beginning of the summer. Whether that was the right move or not, everybody decides for themselves. However, such a drastic change adversely impacts even the best run companies, not just Shelby.

Well, now for a perspective from someone who actually is waiting and here is where we stand:

The wait- oh yeah, its bad, and I lack patience, but I must say I have been getting information pretty regularly out of Roger at SA throughout the process. Unfortunately, a lot of the information has been, well, we are waiting for parts, so we dont know either. If you order any mods these days, there seems to be a wait or a hold up somewhere in the chain of supply. Its not SAs fault in that it is taking so long to get the cars done. Remember- they dont get fully paid until they finish a car, and the longer it takes, the more time some impulse buyer has to "cool off to the impulse of owning a GT350". There are many of us that would have bought this car anyway, but Im sure some sales are going to dry up because of the delays. So, its not like SA is lazy and not building them. I am HOPEFUL that I will see my car and sit in it by the end of this month. Is that possible? Yes, I have been told. Is it a for sure thing? No, no definite timeline has been set. BUT, all looks to be coming together finally and just maybe we will be pleasantly surprised soon. :confused:

Well, now for a perspective from someone who actually is waiting and here is where we stand:

The wait- oh yeah, its bad, and I lack patience, but I must say I have been getting information pretty regularly out of Roger at SA throughout the process. Unfortunately, a lot of the information has been, well, we are waiting for parts, so we dont know either. If you order any mods these days, there seems to be a wait or a hold up somewhere in the chain of supply. Its not SAs fault in that it is taking so long to get the cars done. Remember- they dont get fully paid until they finish a car, and the longer it takes, the more time some impulse buyer has to "cool off to the impulse of owning a GT350". There are many of us that would have bought this car anyway, but Im sure some sales are going to dry up because of the delays. So, its not like SA is lazy and not building them. I am HOPEFUL that I will see my car and sit in it by the end of this month. Is that possible? Yes, I have been told. Is it a for sure thing? No, no definite timeline has been set. BUT, all looks to be coming together finally and just maybe we will be pleasantly surprised soon. :confused:

Only 23 days remain til the end of September. I'll keep good thoughts for all who wait.

Michael

We all knew the timeframe associated with buying a 350. Cars would not arrive in LV before May 1st. So in essence, the wait has been 3 months to date. We are all like kids in a candy store waiting for the call. Some days are better than others, if you know what I mean.

I'll give you 10 to 1 that the first customer delivery Boss 302s are shipped in April/May 2011. (Magically, 8 to 9 months from the Boss 302 proto introduction at Monterey)

I am very happy with my purchase decision. Shelby American keeps me very well informed and I have absolutely no reason to doubt that my car is not "real".

I really question the negativity that a lot of people have towards Shelby. They treat their customers well ( better than most car companies).

I hardly see the Boss 302 as a direct competitor to the 2011 GT350. I can't imagine prospective buyers thinking "GT350 $70K+ or Boss 302 $44K, hmmm...let me see...." The Boss is Ford's answer to the Roush Stage 2 with the brake upgrade option.

It will be a pleasure to join you on the track at the 2011 Bash with my 350 and your MacKenzie Mustang supercharged SGT.

We will have a great time!

regards,

Michael

The paperwork with my order form for my post-title car clearly stated that they were in receipt of my deposit, and parts had been purchased. No refunds at that point. That tells me my money was no longer in Shelby's possession, so they couldn't be paying interest on it.

I chose the time for my conversion well. I dropped the car off the day before I was hospitalized for foot reconstruction. By the time I got the call, I was healed up just enough to drive her home. Now I'm going in for some more work, wish I needed to wait on a GT350 this time.

Michael

We all knew the timeframe associated with buying a 350. Cars would not arrive in LV before May 1st. So in essence, the wait has been 3 months to date. We are all like kids in a candy store waiting for the call. Some days are better than others, if you know what I mean.

I'll give you 10 to 1 that the first customer delivery Boss 302s are shipped in April/May 2011. (Magically, 8 to 9 months from the Boss 302 proto introduction at Monterey)

I am very happy with my purchase decision. Shelby American keeps me very well informed and I have absolutely no reason to doubt that my car is not "real".

I really question the negativity that a lot of people have towards Shelby. They treat their customers well ( better than most car companies).

I hardly see the Boss 302 as a direct competitor to the 2011 GT350. I can't imagine prospective buyers thinking "GT350 $70K+ or Boss 302 $44K, hmmm...let me see...." The Boss is Ford's answer to the Roush Stage 2 with the brake upgrade option.

It will be a pleasure to join you on the track at the 2011 Bash with my 350 and your MacKenzie Mustang supercharged SGT.

We will have a great time!

regards,

Michael

Michael,

Since this is your FIRST Shelby..........I say welcome to the club........but seriously, dont preach about all things wonderful...........it only illuminates your delusion.

My opinion is the Boss will steal some GT350 sales.....you disagree.........only time will tell, but I fear you are already wrong............

Lets take another look at your 8 month model..................how many GT350 orders are there?

OK, you dont know, I didnt expect you to.........but 8 months from now, how many Boss orders do you think there will be?

5 times? 10 times? 100 TIMES as many as the GT350 after 8 months?

Seems to me that it is pretty obvious, the Boss WILL ultimately steal GT350 sales, today, tomorrow and well into 2011 & beyond.

Especially if delays persist at SA.

Wishing you all the best with your new Shelby, Im sure it will make all your dreams come true........

:salute::salute:

If you keep reading mguirks posts you would think he is on shelbys payroll. Maybe he is shelbys new pr person

Yeah, well, there was a time here when almost ALL TS members were PR guys for Shelby. It didnt take a paycheck to buy our loyalty. We all had cars that were the love and passion of our hobby. I miss those days, and I miss those people. Now many posters on this site either want to bitch about somebody else's hood problem or want to swear off Ford because their tires only lasted 6k miles. MM puts more time into promoting Team Shelby than any of you could even imagine. He and a handful of us have been working the last several months at organizing and building TS into what we hope will be a MUCH better club with localized gatherings and events that will only add value to you all. Those of you who have been to events know that is half the fun of owning these cars.

Those of us that have been involved with this build process, and going through it now, are for the most part very happy how it has taken shape. Let me give you a couple facts:

We had a reveal on a car that wasnt quite perfect with the prototype. I remember a lot of criticism both positive and negative back in January and February. All of the changes that were made to the final production of the 350 were suggestions made by US. Get rid of all the extra badging, stripes all the way down the back optional, GT350 hood stripe optional....etc. Personally, I wanted PBF badges on the fenders, and the classic running pony in the grill. NOW, I've got the car I dreamed of and hoped it would be.

If Shelby even COULD have rushed these cars out by say end of June, we would have a bunch of 65K GT350s at 520HP that would be getting stomped by stocker 5.0 with 624HP. Ford did us owners a favor by dragging their heals. Now we have a GT350 that will outperform a GT500 (or any other mustang) on a track or dragstrip by A LOT.

Ultimately, I wanted my car for Mid-America, just like I REALLY REALLY wanted it for Terlingua and Granbury, and maybe, just maybe my wish will come true still with the latter, but if it doesn't, I just want a car that was not put together in haste, that doesnt have mismatched lines on body parts, that wont trip codes the first time I get on it out on the track. If I get that car, and it takes a full year, then so be it.

In the end, don't dump on MM or myself or other guys in line for this car. All we are doing is keeping it old school with how the members of this site used to treat SA with some sort of respect and gratitude. I know we don't have the communication and input we all once had with SA like a few years ago, but just because we dont have a president that posts here daily, and Sharon and Robert have a HUGE more than fulltime job taking care of and running the store, we have to take care of ourselves for now, and maybe it is OUR place to be the PR guys of the website. If not us, who? What do lurkers and non-Shelby owners think when they read our own members dogging Shelby left and right?

I see one of two things happening here with Team Shelby: We either come together and be a value added bonus and advertisement for SA that they cannot afford to do without, or we bitch and moan ourselves into isolation, and kiss any kind of positive relationship goodbye, including SA sponsored events.

I really hope most of you are WITH us.

:salute:

Yeah, well, there was a time here when almost ALL TS members were PR guys for Shelby. It didnt take a paycheck to buy our loyalty. We all had cars that were the love and passion of our hobby. I miss those days, and I miss those people. Now many posters on this site either want to bitch about somebody else's hood problem or want to swear off Ford because their tires only lasted 6k miles. MM puts more time into promoting Team Shelby than any of you could even imagine. He and a handful of us have been working the last several months at organizing and building TS into what we hope will be a MUCH better club with localized gatherings and events that will only add value to you all. Those of you who have been to events know that is half the fun of owning these cars.

Those of us that have been involved with this build process, and going through it now, are for the most part very happy how it has taken shape. Let me give you a couple facts:

We had a reveal on a car that wasnt quite perfect with the prototype. I remember a lot of criticism both positive and negative back in January and February. All of the changes that were made to the final production of the 350 were suggestions made by US. Get rid of all the extra badging, stripes all the way down the back optional, GT350 hood stripe optional....etc. Personally, I wanted PBF badges on the fenders, and the classic running pony in the grill. NOW, I've got the car I dreamed of and hoped it would be.

If Shelby even COULD have rushed these cars out by say end of June, we would have a bunch of 65K GT350s at 520HP that would be getting stomped by stocker 5.0 with 624HP. Ford did us owners a favor by dragging their heals. Now we have a GT350 that will outperform a GT500 (or any other mustang) on a track or dragstrip by A LOT.

Ultimately, I wanted my car for Mid-America, just like I REALLY REALLY wanted it for Terlingua and Granbury, and maybe, just maybe my wish will come true still with the latter, but if it doesn't, I just want a car that was not put together in haste, that doesnt have mismatched lines on body parts, that wont trip codes the first time I get on it out on the track. If I get that car, and it takes a full year, then so be it.

In the end, don't dump on MM or myself or other guys in line for this car. All we are doing is keeping it old school with how the members of this site used to treat SA with some sort of respect and gratitude. I know we don't have the communication and input we all once had with SA like a few years ago, but just because we dont have a president that posts here daily, and Sharon and Robert have a HUGE more than fulltime job taking care of and running the store, we have to take care of ourselves for now, and maybe it is OUR place to be the PR guys of the website. If not us, who? What do lurkers and non-Shelby owners think when they read our own members dogging Shelby left and right?

I see one of two things happening here with Team Shelby: We either come together and be a value added bonus and advertisement for SA that they cannot afford to do without, or we bitch and moan ourselves into isolation, and kiss any kind of positive relationship goodbye, including SA sponsored events.

I really hope most of you are WITH us.

:salute:

First off....to me and many others here....MM is Michael Morris....so lets be clear here that you are referring to Michael McGuirk......not Michael Morris.

I for one didnt dump on MM or the GT350....I simply posted the opinion that the Boss entering the scene will change the dynamic of the possibilities for some.

The ensuing "reaction" appears defensive and is quite frankly more revealing of your concerns than any words could reflect.....regardless of what you post......

...whether or not you realize it.

And I have 2 Shelbys.........we love them..........if you feel my Shelby loyalty needs clarifying.......thats appears to be your problem.

Wishing all the buyers of the GT350 a wonderful one of a kind experience, enjoy guys! :salute:

Hey Michael,

Dont feel your loyalty is at all at question....I know you too well for that I think. In fact, I didnt even notice you were involved in the thread. You are pointing out the fact that the BOSS is going to take sales away from the GT350, and it will. I dont think anyone can come close to questioning that. That is a simple fact of economics. People will spend 45-50k for a BOSS over 65k for a GT350, apples to apples. I still think the GT350 looks a TON better though, even if it isn't as "track ready" as the BOSS appears to be by looks alone. I still think the performance comparisons will shake out interesting though. Im curious what the GT350 NA will turn in on times vs the BOSS LS on a track in like conditions.

My reference was to the guy I quoted, calling out Michael McGuirk, (whos initials btw are also MM, but yeah, Morris is still the first MM,) for being a PR guy, and I just thought it should be said we ALL should be a PR guy for Shelby. You already are in your area. I sure am in mine, and McGuirk is in his.

I will say this though- Owning a Shelby shouldn't be a prerequisite to being a Shelby enthusiast, as I have many friends who dont own a Shelby because they simply cannot afford it, but still ove them. I appreciate all enthusiasts, owner or not. :salute:

I know of whole bunch of good PR to be done in a few weeks way out west!! :happy feet:

Wick, this is not Michaels first Shelby Rodeo. If the buyers are happy with the communications comming out of SA, why the big deal? So Michaels happy with his choices and some would call him a cool aid drinker because hes happy with his choice? Do we really need the drama?

Hey Michael,

Dont feel your loyalty is at all at question....I know you too well for that I think. In fact, I didnt even notice you were involved in the thread. You are pointing out the fact that the BOSS is going to take sales away from the GT350, and it will. I dont think anyone can come close to questioning that. That is a simple fact of economics. People will spend 45-50k for a BOSS over 65k for a GT350, apples to apples. I still think the GT350 looks a TON better though, even if it isn't as "track ready" as the BOSS appears to be by looks alone. I still think the performance comparisons will shake out interesting though. Im curious what the GT350 NA will turn in on times vs the BOSS LS on a track in like conditions.

My reference was to the guy I quoted, calling out Michael McGuirk, (whos initials btw are also MM, but yeah, Morris is still the first MM,) for being a PR guy, and I just thought it should be said we ALL should be a PR guy for Shelby. You already are in your area. I sure am in mine, and McGuirk is in his.

I will say this though- Owning a Shelby shouldn't be a prerequisite to being a Shelby enthusiast, as I have many friends who dont own a Shelby because they simply cannot afford it, but still ove them. I appreciate all enthusiasts, owner or not. :salute:

I know of whole bunch of good PR to be done in a few weeks way out west!! :happy feet:

I started out responding to other posts and ended up adding in stuff from yours...........on top of my response being right after your post, I can see how it muddied the waters....

carry on.......... :salute:

Wick, this is not Michaels first Shelby Rodeo. If the buyers are happy with the communications comming out of SA, why the big deal? So Michaels happy with his choices and some would call him a cool aid drinker because hes happy with his choice? Do we really need the drama?

Tim.......my comments about the Boss are my opinion....an opinion shared by many I have spoken to.......

...if the truth in the words rubs some of those waiting for a GT350 the wrong way....

I suggest they call SA or Ford maybe.........but then again, why would they care what Ford is building?

and if everyone were so happy with their choices in light of recent developments,

they wouldnt care what car Ford was making now......it wouldnt be relevant, right?

You kidding? Im tickled pink! Im getting both!

In response to calling mgirk a pr guy for shelby, i stand by my earlier post. when people who have a gt350 on order post something about where there car is or why is it taking so long etc, he comes back with a the sun is shining in las vegas type of reply. ok the first time and by now the 100th time its tiresome. I know it must be awesome to get to drive amy boylins series 1 across the block at barrett jackson in orange county etc. Maybe a little respect to peoples intelligence wiould help. Its no secret that shelby is having issues with the gt350 program. Its no secret that they havent sold more then 150 gt 350 packages. I believe it will be a great car when they get delivered, but some of you guys have paid for or are making payments on a car thats been sitting in vegas since late april. that process didnt work for me and i wasnt going to pay for a car and then have a 15k deposit with no clear time table for delivery. I as well have spent thousands of dollors at the mecca of all things Shelby, Vegas. I am an advocate for shelby as well but not to the point of having blinders on.

Tim.......my comments about the Boss are my opinion....an opinion shared by many I have spoken to.......

...if the truth in the words rubs some of those waiting for a GT350 the wrong way....

I suggest they call SA or Ford maybe.........but then again, why would they care what Ford is building?

and if everyone were so happy with their choices in light of recent developments,

they wouldnt care what car Ford was making now......it wouldnt be relevant, right?

I agree with wicked 100 percent

In response to calling mgirk a pr guy for shelby, i stand by my earlier post. when people who have a gt350 on order post something about where there car is or why is it taking so long etc, he comes back with a the sun is shining in las vegas type of reply. ok the first time and by now the 100th time its tiresome. I know it must be awesome to get to drive amy boylins series 1 across the block at barrett jackson in orange county etc. Maybe a little respect to peoples intelligence wiould help. Its no secret that shelby is having issues with the gt350 program. Its no secret that they havent sold more then 150 gt 350 packages. I believe it will be a great car when they get delivered, but some of you guys have paid for or are making payments on a car thats been sitting in vegas since late april. that process didnt work for me and i wasnt going to pay for a car and then have a 15k deposit with no clear time table for delivery. I as well have spent thousands of dollors at the mecca of all things Shelby, Vegas. I am an advocate for shelby as well but not to the point of having blinders on.

What's "tiresome" is know it all posters who come on a GT350 thread and feel the need to criticize the guys that have a car on order.

how is my post anyb different then whats been posted about the Boss? i am getting one with the LS package and seen the person in question criticize the car numerous times. Some how he knows production figures when NO ONE else does etc. I am not criticizing anyoone getting a GT350, I am criticizing when someone who has a car on order comes in with a less then happy post, the next post up is that the sun is shining in vegas and dont dispair etc.

If you aren't buying one, how can you have an opinion anything is wrong? Let those of us who have put up the money make those determinations. It's quite possible we are getting information that was asked not to share publicly. We are getting updates and pictures emailed to us as buyers on a regular basis. Also, keep in mind that supply issues and CARB delays aside, we are just now on day 100. We were told 60-90 days at the start of June. If we get delivery starting end of this month, I believe Shelby can say the delays were very minimal. What's one extra month?

When I bought my Gt500, I had to drop a deposit on it to the dealer, and wait for allocation and build and it took 120 days from start to finish. I don't see any worse scenario here. Back then, seeing a GT500 on the road was rare, now you don't have to puta deposit down or pay an ADM, but you also have a car that is 1 of 40000. We will have a car that is 1 of 2 or 300.

You can have your opinion on it. Just don't knock us for having one as well. Also, you may want to consider the fact that we are in a position of a customer in a restaurant. A smart one doesn't bad mouth the cook before he gets his dinner served. :salute:

Michael,

Since this is your FIRST Shelby..........I say welcome to the club........but seriously, dont preach about all things wonderful...........it only illuminates your delusion.

Wishing you all the best with your new Shelby, Im sure it will make all your dreams come true........

:salute::salute:

FYI, this will be Michaels third Shelby as he has previously owned a 1965 GT350, and a 1968 GT500KR convertible (special order yellow car)

Archived