TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 Waiting Game

BIKEBOY

If you aren't buying one, how can you have an opinion anything is wrong? Let those of us who have put up the money make those determinations. It's quite possible we are getting information that was asked not to share publicly. We are getting updates and pictures emailed to us as buyers on a regular basis. Also, keep in mind that supply issues and CARB delays aside, we are just now on day 100. We were told 60-90 days at the start of June. If we get delivery starting end of this month, I believe Shelby can say the delays were very minimal. What's one extra month?

When I bought my Gt500, I had to drop a deposit on it to the dealer, and wait for allocation and build and it took 120 days from start to finish. I don't see any worse scenario here. Back then, seeing a GT500 on the road was rare, now you don't have to puta deposit down or pay an ADM, but you also have a car that is 1 of 40000. We will have a car that is 1 of 2 or 300.

You can have your opinion on it. Just don't knock us for having one as well. Also, you may want to consider the fact that we are in a position of a customer in a restaurant. A smart one doesn't bad mouth the cook before he gets his dinner served. :salute:

that sentence right there says it all. i understand why you guys are biting your tung based on your last sentence.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am HOPEFUL that I will see my car and sit in it by the end of this month. Is that possible? Yes, I have been told. Is it a for sure thing? No, no definite timeline has been set. BUT, all looks to be coming together finally and just maybe we will be pleasantly surprised soon. :confused:

Ultimately, I wanted my car for Mid-America, just like I REALLY REALLY wanted it for Terlingua and Granbury, and maybe, just maybe my wish will come true still with the latter, but if it doesn't, I just want a car that was not put together in haste, that doesnt have mismatched lines on body parts, that wont trip codes the first time I get on it out on the

I can see it now - it's somewhere between Sept 29 and October 8th. Warren gets a phone call and is running around in circles trying to figure out which way to go.

I've been in the waiting process before. I know how it is waiting week after week,wondering when do I go. This weekend, next weekend? I know it;s soon, but I just don't know when.

Good luck guys - I can't wait to see themhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

I can see it now - it's somewhere between Sept 29 and October 8th. Warren gets a phone call and is running around in circles trying to figure out which way to go.

I've been in the waiting process before. I know how it is waiting week after week,wondering when do I go. This weekend, next weekend? I know it;s soon, but I just don't know when.

Good luck guys - I can't wait to see them! happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

+1

FYI, this will be Michaels third Shelby as he has previously owned a 1965 GT350, and a 1968 GT500KR convertible (special order yellow car)

Ok Tom, now you have gone and done it............since you threw it out there..........PLEASE TELL US......

Normal people I could understand, but why would a certified Shelby enthusiast ever sell a 65 GT350 or a 68 GT500KR?

Especially the 65, isnt that the Holy Grail of Shelbydom?

how is my post anyb different then whats been posted about the Boss? i am getting one with the LS package and seen the person in question criticize the car numerous times. Some how he knows production figures when NO ONE else does etc. I am not criticizing anyoone getting a GT350, I am criticizing when someone who has a car on order comes in with a less then happy post, the next post up is that the sun is shining in vegas and dont dispair etc.

Never mind...

Bite your tongue, and dont jinx me DeWayne!!!! :cry:

But, don't think that scenario isn't already going through my mind. Lets just say I have done all that I could do, and I know all is being done that can be done. It sure might be good to get a couple sales of these cars and convert a few GM guys in Granbury....kinda wish there would be an M3 out there to spank! :shift::dance:

Lets have less slapfight.gif and more grouphug.gif ok?

There seem to be a lot of dynamics at work here. Some are on the list are fine with the wait, some on the list are frustrated with the wait, some not on the list are frustrated with both of the previous people and EVERYONE is waiting for them to start being delivered.

I understand where some think McGuirk (and others) is drinking the Koolaid. I also understand those who are not bashing Shelby. McGuirk and some others have over time developed special relationships with not only the folks on this site, but with employees at Shelby. Some of us consider Shelby American important to US (for a variety of reasons). Some may have issue with that and is their right.

What it all boils down to is this: Some people on here are more passionate than others. Some see a car, some see a special car and some see history. There is no right or wrong here, only a difference of opinion. I happen to know both Wicked and McGuirk and I will bust their balls from time to time, but if I get out of line they will tell me and I'll apologize and at the end of the day we will be buying each other drinks in the bar.

We all need to let each other have our own opinions and we all need to feel free to post them as we each see fit as long as we dont "cross the line".

Can't we all just get along? hysterical.gif

Tim.......my comments about the Boss are my opinion....an opinion shared by many I have spoken to.......

...if the truth in the words rubs some of those waiting for a GT350 the wrong way....

I suggest they call SA or Ford maybe.........but then again, why would they care what Ford is building?

and if everyone were so happy with their choices in light of recent developments,

they wouldnt care what car Ford was making now......it wouldnt be relevant, right?

I did not address that but, in some ways, I agree with you. The Boss is a great car and, the Shelby is a great car. Both will be limited production and hard to get. That being said, if a person really wants the Shelby, the GT350 is the only choice. Look at the others out there. The Roush and Saleen. Check thier prices. Now compare those to the GT350. I think the GT350 is the best of the three. And, they all cost more than the Boss.

make no mistake, I want to see the GT350 succeed, I always have.......and I truly hope it is everything the folks with deposits could ever have hoped for..... :salute:

and I stand by my post on the Boss, post # 6 in this thread if you missed it......

I think the Boss train pulling into the station before anyone has seen a real GT350 hurts SA big time............I mean, afterall, it is September!!!

While 8 or 9 months isnt a world record for time gone by waiting for a new car to materialize,

you would think that with the Boss train barreling down on them,

somehow they would have gotten it done.

And selling a striped down white mustang now that was ordered before the 2011s hit the street is gonna hurt, count on that.

If this post bothers someone, it must be because they agree.

Cause if you dont agree, you have nothing to worry about, right? :salute:

how is my post anyb different then whats been posted about the Boss? i am getting one with the LS package and seen the person in question criticize the car numerous times. Some how he knows production figures when NO ONE else does etc. I am not criticizing anyoone getting a GT350, I am criticizing when someone who has a car on order comes in with a less then happy post, the next post up is that the sun is shining in vegas and dont dispair etc.

How much did you put down on your order and when are you receiving your Boss? Not trying to be a smart ass, just thought since you have one on order they might have given you a delivery date.

The engaging back-and-forth on this specific thread reminded me of an interesting idea proposed by Seth Godin in one of his books. He argues that there are two types of people: fundamentalists and curious people. Here is the direct quote:

"A fundamentalist is a person who considers whether a fact is acceptable to his religion before he explores it. As opposed to a curious person who explores first and then considers whether or not he wants to accept the ramifications. A curious person embraces the tension between his religion and something new, wrestles with it and through it, and then decides whether to embrace the new idea or reject it."

If you replace the word "religion" with "view of Shelby" I think you start seeing the same two groups in the debate above. In my opinion it's OK to be part of either groups, as long as you know that you will never really agree with what people in the other group say. I personally, having worked at Shelby, let me reword that, having helped building Shelby into the company it is today, I like to categorize myself as "curious" but way too often catch myself behaving like a "fundamentalist"... If you lost me in my philosophical syllogism, my point is: I like Shelby, and will support Shelby if I can, but I reserve the right to offer constructive criticism of the company if I see something I don't like....

:soapbox:

How much did you put down on your order and when are you receiving your Boss? Not trying to be a smart ass, just thought since you have one on order they might have given you a delivery date.

The minute the order bank is opened, it will be ordered. I will not have to put a deposit down as I didn't when I ordered my 07 500 or 07 gt. I don't have any worries about ford launching the boss on time. I have not once bashed the gt 350. I would have bought one but I came to the conclusion that I am not going to have to pay for a car and then have to wait months to get it converted. Also some of rogers posts didn't do anything to make me want to part with a 15k deposit. That reward and risk statement was something that a boikerroom stock broker would say. I think the gt 350 is a great car,the same can't be said for the build process

I've known about the Boss and Laguna, along with most of the details for a while now. Trust me, SAI has been aware of the Boss 302's timing too.

Ford's plan hasn't changed Shelby's build schedule. The timing might not be optimum to have both a GT350 and Boss 302 being build at the same time, however, the same thing happened in 1969-1970.

In the Mustang world, the 2011 GT350 is structured to fit above the Mustang GT and Boss 302, but below the GT500. In the Shelby world, the GT350 is our road car while the GT500 is the blvd. bruiser.

It's tough to compare the Boss and GT350 as some people see them as opposing foes in a sense. Many people love the Shelby and hate the Boss while others love the Boss and hate the Shelby. Still, others cherish both models.

In the end, it's what brings you the most personal joy and pleasure.

My next car is a toss up: Boss 302, GT350 or Camaro Z28. The Z28 won't the fastest or the best handling of the three. But the design harkens back to earlier days in my life where many fond memories remain. So, even though a Boss or GT350 would be likely to totally wax my ass, the Camaro would make me happy - and in the end, that's what matters. Get what inspires you.

The GT350 N/A or SC is an awesome car. To those of you who are waiting on one, you won't regret a single minute of it.

make no mistake, I want to see the GT350 succeed, I always have.......and I truly hope it is everything the folks with deposits could ever have hoped for..... :salute:

and I stand by my post on the Boss, post # 6 in this thread if you missed it......

I think the Boss train pulling into the station before anyone has seen a real GT350 hurts SA big time............I mean, afterall, it is September!!!

While 8 or 9 months isnt a world record for time gone by waiting for a new car to materialize,

you would think that with the Boss train barreling down on them,

somehow they would have gotten it done.

And selling a striped down white mustang now that was ordered before the 2011s hit the street is gonna hurt, count on that.

If this post bothers someone, it must be because they agree.

Cause if you dont agree, you have nothing to worry about, right? :salute:

I dont believe the number of Boss 302's is large enough to put a big dampner on the GT350. Both are limited edition. In fact, each may help sell the other

The engaging back-and-forth on this specific thread reminded me of an interesting idea proposed by Seth Godin in one of his books. He argues that there are two types of people: fundamentalists and curious people. Here is the direct quote:

"A fundamentalist is a person who considers whether a fact is acceptable to his religion before he explores it. As opposed to a curious person who explores first and then considers whether or not he wants to accept the ramifications. A curious person embraces the tension between his religion and something new, wrestles with it and through it, and then decides whether to embrace the new idea or reject it."

If you replace the word "religion" with "view of Shelby" I think you start seeing the same two groups in the debate above. In my opinion it's OK to be part of either groups, as long as you know that you will never really agree with what people in the other group say. I personally, having worked at Shelby, let me reword that, having helped building Shelby into the company it is today, I like to categorize myself as "curious" but way too often catch myself behaving like a "fundamentalist"... If you lost me in my philosophical syllogism, my point is: I like Shelby, and will support Shelby if I can, but I reserve the right to offer constructive criticism of the company if I see something I don't like....

:soapbox:

As a political science major, I always had a problem with authors like Godin. I never could keep a straight face when someone tries to fit every person in two tidy categories. To me, its like saying everyone is either a republican or a democrat. As I fell into my first year of law school, my criminal law prof brought up classifications and compared them to a prosecutor putting every man in either the category that they have beaten their wives, or the category that they will beat their wives. In a way, it assumes too much, and over simplifies the range of character we all are capable of exhibiting. I think its like categorizing ALL automobiles in either a car or truck category. Where do you put the mini van or el camino? :hysterical::headscratch:

At any rate, if I may try to fit myself in your mold of Godin, in almost every aspect of my life, I would call myself the curious, but when it comes to Shelby, I have to admit to being a bit of a homer. But hey, for me CS is no different than any major athlete you may love...Terry Bradshaw is as crazy as a loon, but dangit, I love him with all my football heart, and he will always rank #1 for me. Same with CS for me... :salute:

At any rate, if I may try to fit myself in your mold of Godin, in almost every aspect of my life, I would call myself the curious, but when it comes to Shelby, I have to admit to being a bit of a homer. But hey, for me CS is no different than any major athlete you may love...Terry Bradshaw is as crazy as a loon, but dangit, I love him with all my football heart, and he will always rank #1 for me. Same with CS for me... :salute:

Having gone to high school and college with Terry, I definitely have to agree with your football heart and we're pretty close on CS as well.

Bit of trivia.........the quarterback that followed Terry at Woodlawn High School was Joe Ferguson who played for Buffalo from 1973 to 1984. We had a powerhouse team for many years.

I dont believe the number of Boss 302's is large enough to put a big dampner on the GT350. Both are limited edition. In fact, each may help sell the other

I dont see how the release of the Boss helps the GT350 in any way.....maybe you can explain that one to me..........

The folks who would say 60k isnt enough for a badass mustang and want to spend 70-75k on one already have their orders in....

so where do they go from here?

Besides selling gt350 body parts for the v6s in order to get enough orders to make the parts maybe? :shrug:

.... in almost every aspect of my life, I would call myself the curious, but when it comes to Shelby, I have to admit to being a bit of a homer. But hey, for me CS is no different than any major athlete you may love...

I'm there with you... :D

As far as Godin goes, I'm definitely a "curious"... I don't take everything he says for granted and actually disagree with him on certain fundamental points. However, in this case his two categories seemed to fit the debate....

Well, next year to REALLY piss off the '07 40th crowd, there surely will be a 45th GT500 build? :slapfight::hysterical:

Every time you buy an anniversary edition of something you are bound to be pissed off in the future. Whether it's a year, 5 years or 50... <_<

Just to get back to the original topic a moment, I have it on good authority that cars will begin rolling out as early as next week!

Considering the timeline that was set at the beginning of June, which was 60-90 days, I think a 2 week delay in the rollout is not even worth criticizing here.

For those who didn't want to put a deposit down for months, my guess is if you let production catch up, you can buy a GT350 with a few weeks turn around if not at most 45 days once parts are caught up.

How could anyone have a problem with that? :headscratch:

Every time you buy an anniversary edition of something you are bound to be pissed off in the future. Whether it's a year, 5 years or 50... <_<

Which is EXACTLY why my wife and I never celebrate our yearly Anniversary :headscratch:

However, we do go an Annual HONEYMOON every year :hysterical3:

That way we never can say to each other that the "Honeymoon is over..."

No back to your regularly scheduled programming :shift:

Gregg

07SGT0547

regarding the boss 302,if i went by the guy who was at the 302 event in montery and new production figures, pricing etc, it would be submitted to plant by now. Funny thing is that jim farley at ford said that they still have to decide pricing and production etc. I dont know if jim farley reports to the guy who was doing the boss information at team shelby etc and was at the event etc. He should probably hire grabber who has posted the only solid info on this car yet.

Archived