TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 40th year package

ILSTANG

IMO the bottom line is this.......

SAI/Ford/SVT came out with an AWESOME GT500 after 40 years.....right?

SAI & every after-market vendor, wants to sell you add-ons for your car....right?

SAI then went ahead & started getting proto-type parts & pieces together....right?

SAI then post them on their website for all to see....right?

SAI gets overwhelmed with the responses wanting this & that changed/tweaked in different colors/styles...right?

Are you still with me?

SAI then comes out with another model (The GT-H) that creates even more hype & business for them, which was really needed for a struggling SAI because for the last several years they could have very easily went under & been out of business had it not been for Carroll hiring Amy....right?

SAI then gets more & more attention because of the GT500 & GT-H models….right? This in turn causes more distractions for the limited staff they have at SAI. This addition attention takes away & delays progress on the after-market SA parts business because they are looking at the big picture on how to turn things around.....right?

SAI continues to get orders for items they do have & at the same time they are trying to re-build their website, get parts ordered & continue to work on other big projects that have been slowly coming to market....right?

SAI then tries to please the masses by offering a 40th Anniversary package to 1,000 lucky GT500 owners while their still trying to finalize parts & pieces for the 40th with vendors based on feedback & the number of people that have called in with interest....right?

Now while all this is going on Carroll Shelby, Amy & Ford come up with an idea to keep the hype going by adding the Shelby GT to sell at Ford Dealers & they decide to build about 8,000 to 10,000 of those.....right?

Now throw in the rights to buy the 1st GT500 & Shelby GT ay two different BJ Auctions and the hype turns into madness being 600k each. Then to top it all off Carroll has his own personal Twin Super-charged AC Super Snake auctioned off & it brings 5 MILLION DOLLARS & the world of collector cars is just buzzing at 60,000 feet of theis car.

Still with me?

SAI then starts working on the next big project & they announce that at BJ auction #001 of the first Shelby GT-H Convertible will be up for auction, creating more Buzz & hype….right

SAI then decides to hold off the launch of the 40th Anniversary package for a little bit later & ask for folks to be patient while things are finalized. Now the GT500 community grows ever so impatient waiting for info to come from SAI….right?

Then it happens…..the word leaks out that Carroll Shelby & Ford have yet another surprise they plan to unveil at the 2007 New York Auto show in April (The GT500KR)…right?

OK, I’m almost done here…..

When you step back & look at the Big picture of what SAI is trying to accomplish in a very short amount of time, I think you will agree that they are really looking out for us when it comes to offering us the very best stuff and/or limited edition collectable car packages, with choices ranging from simple cosmetics to rip roaring performance beast packages.

I say it’s worth the wait for all stuff to be reveled or offered at one time so no one feels like “If I had only known they were coming out with that I would have done that instead”. If your upset because a few little not very profitable items are not available yet or you don’t get service as quickly as you want, and you don’t see the stress they must be under shows that you only care about yourself, and your need for speed & good looks.

Rant over. :soapbox:

+1 I agree Looking forward to my trip to see their operation.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SAI & every after-market vendor, wants to sell you add-ons for your car....right?

SAI then went ahead & started getting proto-type parts & pieces together....right?

SAI gets overwhelmed with the responses wanting this & that changed/tweaked in different colors/styles...right?

Are you still with me?

SAI then comes out with another model (The GT-H) that creates even more hype & business for them, which was really needed for a struggling SAI because for the last several years they could have very easily went under & been out of business had it not been for Carroll hiring Amy....right?

SAI then gets more & more attention because of the GT500 & GT-H models….right? This in turn causes more distractions for the limited staff they have at SAI. This additional attention takes away & delays progress on the after-market SA parts business because they are looking at the big picture on how to turn things around.....right?

SAI continues to get orders for items they do have & at the same time they are trying to re-build their website, get parts ordered & continue to work on other big projects that have been slowly coming to market....right?

SAI then tries to please the masses by offering a 40th Anniversary package to 1,000 lucky GT500 owners while their still trying to finalize parts & pieces for the 40th with vendors based on feedback & the number of people that have called in with interest....right?

Now while all this is going on Carroll Shelby, Amy & Ford come up with an idea to keep the hype going by adding the Shelby GT to sell at Ford Dealers & they decide to build about 8,000 to 10,000 of those.....right?

Now throw in the rights to buy the 1st GT500 & Shelby GT at two different BJ Auctions and the hype turns into madness being 600k each. Then to top it all off Carroll has his own personal Twin Super-charged AC Super Snake auctioned off & it brings 5 MILLION DOLLARS & the world of collector cars is just buzzing at 60,000 feet. ..right?

Still with me?

SAI then starts working on the next big project & they announce that at BJ auction #001 of the first Shelby GT-H Convertible will be up for auction, creating more Buzz & hype….right

SAI then decides to hold off the launch of the 40th Anniversary package for a little bit later & ask for folks to be patient while things are finalized. Now the GT500 community grows ever so impatient waiting for info to come from SAI….right?

Then it happens…..the word leaks out that Carroll Shelby & Ford have yet another surprise they plan to unveil at the 2007 New York Auto show in April (The GT500KR)…right?

When you step back & look at the Big picture of what SAI is trying to accomplish in a very short amount of time, I think you will agree that they are really looking out for us when it comes to offering us the very best stuff and/or limited edition collectable car packages, with choices ranging from simple cosmetics to rip roaring performance beast packages.

I say it’s worth the wait for all stuff to be reveled or offered at one time so no one feels like “If I had only known they were coming out with that I would have done that instead”. If your upset because a few little not very profitable items are not available yet or you don’t get service as quickly as you want, and you don’t see the stress they must be under shows that you only care about yourself, and your need for speed & good looks.

He just wrote a lot.....right?

It was overwhelming.....right?

BRain overload....right?

He is totally correct and is using his brain....right?

SAI is a totally cool company and they definitely are looking out for our best interest and Fords and Mustang.

Still with me?

Some things in life are worth waiting for....right?

2007 GT500 is awesome.....right?

Shelby GT is awesome....right?

Almost done here.

Ford and Shelby are doing BIG things....right?

The surprise is going to be huge, great and worth the wait...right?

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

+1. I totally agree with hotycoldywateryshrinkyhotyroddery...or something like that, right Grabber? Well put Coldwater! You are the man! Well, except for not letting me know whatsup :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thank you Cw and all, here is the info, I have had the 40th parts for about 3 weeks now. John wont tell you that but I will. I didnt want to start setting it up to only have some of you have to either change or miss an opportunity to upgrade the car the way you want. We have been on a major tear as I have been with Shelby only 18 months. But building the real cars gives credibility to the parts, the right parts. we will have a real catalog and sales line, announced in the next few months, till then, it's the old fashion way. Frustrating, but personal :)

We are working on parts to be announced soon for all gt500 owners and for all mustang Gt and Shelby Gt owners.

Believe me, I know it has been slow and I am sorry, but that is also because I put everything up early to show you what we are doing, I didnt just want to show up and say...."look what we have".

We understand the passion, we understand the want to upgrade, I promise you will all be happy....

i am at Barrett Jackson, just landed... Will uupdate all as soon as I can

Amy

Thank you Cw and all, here is the info, I have had the 40th parts for about 3 weeks now. John wont tell you that but I will. I didnt want to start setting it up to only have some of you have to either change or miss an opportunity to upgrade the car the way you want. We have been on a major tear as I have been with Shelby only 18 months. But building the real cars gives credibility to the parts, the right parts. we will have a real catalog and sales line, announced in the next few months, till then, it's the old fashion way. Frustrating, but personal :)

We are working on parts to be announced soon for all gt500 owners and for all mustang Gt and Shelby Gt owners.

Believe me, I know it has been slow and I am sorry, but that is also because I put everything up early to show you what we are doing, I didnt just want to show up and say...."look what we have".

We understand the passion, we understand the want to upgrade, I promise you will all be happy....

Amy

Amy....YOU ARE THE BEST! Tell Mr. Shelby, my idol, he made a very smart move hiring you. The best move period! These guys should be that much more proud to get the 40th Anniversary just because you are involved and your sweat and tears have gone into this project.

I am done. Class dismissed!

Alex

Amy

Thanks Amy,

Will you be at the NY Auto Show?

Very excited for the 40th!!!!!

Todd S. Litz

Amy

Your welcome Amy.

I just couldn't sit by & continue to read this w/o responding

I am one of a few here that come from the automotive sector & understand what you are going through & what it takes to turn a company around.

I hope I was close to spelling out what SAI has been going thru & I didn't step on your toes with my response.

Amy....YOU ARE THE BEST! Tell Mr. Shelby, my idol, he made a very smart move hiring you. The best move period! These guys should be that much more proud to get the 40th Anniversary just because you are involved and your sweat and tears have gone into this project.

I am done. Class dismissed!

Alex

+1

Amy comes in and helps revitalize a company gone adrift in 18 months and we can't cut them a little slack? Everyone is in a hurry to get it all right now. She has graciously come in to gauge our interests and tastes and people threaten lawsuits and boycotts because the market remains in a state of flux as new parts, tastes, and plans are revealed.

You guys gotta give them some room. Could communications be better? Probably. Would it be nice to know the future? Oh yeah! I would be terrible if I were in her shoes (I hope she wears sensible shoes :huh: ) because I would just stop asking you what you want and giving you the way-ahead-of-its-time, super-inside-the-loop, wait-til-you-see-what's-coming-down-pike, advanced info and just open up the shop with a 4 month supply of stock that I think you want and let you throw your money at me. Of course, I would probably be out of business in a year and take Ol' Shel with me.

Thank goodness Amy is there. :hyper:

Amy

That's our girl, personal, up front, honest good old fashioned. We all know how hard you have been working. Keep up the good work, we certianly appreciate it. :)

Are you still with me?

SAI then gets more & more attention because of the GT500 & GT-H models….right? This in turn causes more distractions for the limited staff they have at SAI. This additional attention takes away & delays progress on the after-market SA parts business because they are looking at the big picture on how to turn things around.....right?

Now throw in the rights to buy the 1st GT500 & Shelby GT at two different BJ Auctions and the hype turns into madness being 600k each. Then to top it all off Carroll has his own personal Twin Super-charged AC Super Snake auctioned off & it brings 5 MILLION DOLLARS & the world of collector cars is just buzzing at 60,000 feet. ..right?

Still with me?

All that to say I'm selfish because they have bad service? Good point

Your welcome Amy.

I just couldn't sit by & continue to read Selfish BS.

I am one of a few here that come from the automotive sector & understand what you are going through & what it takes to turn a company around.

I hope I was close to spelling out what SAI has been going thru & I didn't step on your toes with my response.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said that I admire the fact that Amy comes on here and does what she does. I also said I like the SA products which is why I continue to try to buy things from them. My point is not one made from being selfish. I know for a fact I'm not the only one that has had problems ordering. I also know for a fact Amy would not deny that they have had some trouble with getting orders done.

If I am selfish for feeling like they don't want my business when I don't get calls back after leaving voice mail etc. then I guess I don't see it but so be it. For you to say my feelings are selfish BS is enough for me write off your opinion. I believe I'm entitled to my opnion and as I said before I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong but to date I don't feel like I've been proven wrong.

Honestly I think Amy is doing a great job and a lot of work. I think that SA is into a lot of things and like what they are coming out with. I also think that they need to work on the customer service and order response. If that's selfish then constructive critisism is not welcome and I'm the bad guy. If everyone feels the need to say my opinion is BS and suck up to SA and Amy that's fine too but I think from what I have seen from her here she can speak her own mind and I doubt that she would disagree with me totally....she may tell me it's going to get better etc. and I hope it does but again until I see it I would have a hard time planing major mods around their service.

Edit - I'm done with this. My opinion can be changed but not by you or anyone else telling me it's BS. When they provide the service I'll be the first to say so. Until then I would have a hard time planing my major mods around their process. Clearly they are aware of the problem to a degree - I think if they put a few mystery shopers in place they me surprised at the experience.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said that I admire the fact that Amy comes on here and does what she does. I also said I like the SA products which is why I continue to try to buy things from them. My point is not one made from being selfish. I know for a fact I'm not the only one that has had problems ordering. I also know for a fact Amy would not deny that they have had some trouble with getting orders done.

If I am selfish for feeling like they don't want my business when I don't get calls back after leaving voice mail etc. then I guess I don't see it but so be it. For you to say my feelings are selfish BS is enough for me write off your opinion. I believe I'm entitled to my opnion and as I said before I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong but to date I don't feel like I've been proven wrong.

If their rep tells me that they will call me back in 5 minutes to get my credit card info and never calls back even after repeat voice mails that is bad service. If it were anyone else I would not even try to give them my business but again because it is SA I keep trying. My point "selfish BS" or not is that eventually I and others will quit trying. This is the 3rd time I've tried to order from them and the easiest was for the plaque when just the web site had too much traffic and locked up. I've nover complained about that and won't since it is out of their control to an extent. As long as they have to do things the old fashined way they should at least make an attempt to return calls with in a week for orders IMO.

Honestly I think Amy is doing a great job and a lot of work. I think that SA is into a lot of things and like what they are coming out with. I also think that they need to work on the customer service and order response. If that's selfish then constructive critisism is not welcome and I'm the bad guy. If everyone feels the need to say my opinion is BS and suck up to SA and Amy that's fine too but I think from what I have seen from her here she can speak her own mind and I doubt that she would disagree with me totally....she may tell me it's going to get better etc. and I hope it does but again until I see it I would have a hard time planing major mods around their service.

Sorry if this is offensive to anyone but it is how I feel at this point. As for CWH I have generally felt pretty good about you but have to admit that calling me selfish and saying my opinion is BS doesn't sit well with me. You can dis agree with me and make your arguement all day and I'll respect that but at the risk of falling into one of the many traps here I'll say that it's pretty easy to make a personal attack over the internet and it's also easy to mis interpet so I'll end it there.

Iceman,

I will respond tomorrow when I settle down. My grand mother is on her death bed as I type this (god bless her sole) & I'm trying to help setup a Funeral before it happens, this is never easy...matter a fact it never will be. Yes my words & actions may be strong but for you to put your anger on the board for all to see isn't right either & you should have PM'd that problem to Amy & handled it in private so it was an attack on SAI which to her is a personal attack since she is at the top dog & can only do so much, but yet try to resolve all our problems when she hears about them. Maybe me outlining all the things that are going at SAI will help remind those that it is not always as easy as it sounds & if you were in her high heel shoes do you think you could do better knowing all that was going on & the deadlines that have to be made?

Iceman,

I will respond tomorrow when I settle down. My grand mother is on her death bed as I type this (god bless her sole) & I'm trying to help setup a Funeral before it happens, this is never easy...matter a fact it never will be. Yes my words & actions may be strong but for you to put your anger on the board for all to see isn't right either & you should have PM'd that problem to Amy & handled it in private so it was an attack on SAI which to her is a personal attack since she is at the top dog & can only do so much, but yet try to resolve all our problems when she hears about them. Maybe me outlining all the things that are going at SAI will help remind those that it is not always as easy as it sounds & if you were in her high heel shoes do you think you could do better knowing all that was going on & the deadlines that have to be made?

No worries - go take care of your family. I'm sorry you are having to go through that. I shouldn't have let it get under my skin the way it did and the only reason I didn't go to Amy was I respect her time too much to bug her with a simple thing like this. You may be right about voicing my issues but it most certainly was not a personal attack towards Amy....at least in my mind. This is not the purpose of the board and not what either of us want out of it so let's just drop it and move on. I can live with being wrong and for what I said wrong I apologize to the community. While I admitt I still feel the same it clearly is not what is important in the big picture and not worth letting it bother me.

Thoughts are with you and the family tonight.

There are now multiple 40th package threads. Probably should get this one back on target. Discussing the package and keeing everyone informed about the details and options as they become known. We will all want to be sure not to miss the call. I have a low number and want a specific date because it it a 30 hour trail from Springfield to SAI for me. I also need at least six weeks to be sure my schedule is clear to miss a week of work. It could take more then two days if other mods are wanted. I am glad we are close to scheduling. I did not want to travel there in the winter so I am happy that this has been on hold. I am also happy about the options that will be avail when my car goes.

No worries - go take care of your family. I'm sorry you are having to go through that. I shouldn't have let it get under my skin the way it did and the only reason I didn't go to Amy was I respect her time too much to bug her with a simple thing like this. You may be right about voicing my issues but it most certainly was not a personal attack towards Amy....at least in my mind. This is not the purpose of the board and not what either of us want out of it so let's just drop it and move on. I can live with being wrong and for what I said wrong I apologize to the community. While I admitt I still feel the same it clearly is not what is important in the big picture and not worth letting it bother me.

Thoughts are with you and the family tonight.

Thank you

PM sent - check your mailbox

I confirmed my registration on the 40th Anniversary package today with John Walker and received a follow-up email from Steve Navarro. Thanks guys.

It looks like they are still several weeks out from starting the process. John indicated the 40th Anniversary Package comes as a package and the performance modifications will be offered after the Package has been installed on your car. John also said that the process will take three days to complete. There is still plenty of room on the list. I'm one that believes that they will ultimately sell all 1000 spots. In the short term and long term I think it is a great opportunity to have a piece of the Shelby legend in my lifetime, and therefore, worth the price to me. As a sidebar, it just may pay dividends for future generations in my family.

I confirmed my registration on the 40th Anniversary package today with John Walker and received a follow-up email from Steve Navarro. Thanks guys.

It looks like they are still several weeks out from starting the process. John indicated the 40th Anniversary Package comes as a package and the performance modifications will be offered after the Package has been installed on your car. John also said that the process will take three days to complete. There is still plenty of room on the list. I'm one that believes that they will ultimately sell all 1000 spots. In the short term and long term I think it is a great opportunity to have a piece of the Shelby legend in my lifetime, and therefore, worth the price to me. As a sidebar, it just may pay dividends for future generations in my family.

Thanks for the info. Did he indicate WHAT perfomance modifications?

Cobrafan, you actually confirmed you are on the list,did you have to send a deposit in? I e-mailed John with some questions,and just got a standard reponse that he sent out to everyone.One question is do they ship back all the original equipmment back to us, Can we get a credit for the parts we already purchased for the cars.Just trying to come up with a plan to get this done,and have all my ducks in a row.

The other performance options will be anounced in the next one to two weeks

Cobrafan, you actually confirmed you are on the list,did you have to send a deposit in? I e-mailed John with some questions,and just got a standard reponse that he sent out to everyone.One question is do they ship back all the original equipmment back to us, Can we get a credit for the parts we already purchased for the cars.Just trying to come up with a plan to get this done,and have all my ducks in a row.

I already asked Amy this several months ago & she was seeing if that was an option to give us credit for items we bought that would be used on the 40th to help lower the cost some, because it didn't make much sense to charge us for items that were already bought from them & installed on the car when it arrived at their shop. I'm sure more answers will come out as time goes on.

Thanks Coldwaterhotrod,every time you post, gives me some good memeries of the lake home we had on Morrison Lake, we sold it last year,after going up their for 13 years. The car show is in another month or so,hopefully the weather will cooperate.

I keep[pos

I already asked Amy this several months ago & she was seeing if that was an option to give us credit for items we bought that would be used on the 40th to help lower the cost some, because it didn't make much sense to charge us for items that were already bought from them & installed on the car when it arrived at their shop. I'm sure more answers will come out as time goes on.

I think ford racing says it all

for the gt500 upgrades;

SUPERCHARGED 5.4L 2007 SVT MUSTANG

COBRA ENGINE

M-6007-C54*

• 500 HP supercharged 5.4L DOHC engine

• Original equipment in the 2007 Mustang GT500

• 500 HP @ 6000 RPM, 480 ft./lbs. of torque @ 4500 RPM

• Fully dressed including accessories and supercharger

• Does not include vehicle wiring and PCM

• Calibration code 7ZF2SC0508

• The most powerful Mustang production engine ever!

• Perfect for your high-end project!

See Also: Crate Engine Build-Up

“Cammer Engine” Build-Up

Crate Engine Warranty

Engine Tips & SpecsThe SVT Mustang Cobra GT500 is as exciting of a product as the new Mustang was in 2005 and Ford Racing is

working diligently with SVT and Team Mustang on products that are track proven and street dependable.

In following our success with Performance Packs, expect to see a Power Upgrade Pack, Drag Pack and

Handling Pack for the SVT Mustang Cobra by spring 2007. Additionally Ford Racing Performance Group is

working on a number of race-specifi c parts for track use through our testing with the Champ Car Fast Lap

Program as well as items for customizing your Cobra’s appearance for the street.

Please check fordracingparts.com regularly for updates and Mustang Cobra product information.

Power Upgrade Package Drag Pack Handling Pack Super Pack

*Not legal for sale or use on pollution-controlled motor vehicles. **Direct replacement part.

See pages 2-4 for important safety, emissions and warranty information

Archived