TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 40th year package

ILSTANG

Agonizing over the option and recent posts seem to be slamming the package. How about those that are positive respond here and people that want to trash it post on the other thread. Positives for me include the fact as a vert owner the bling may add a lot. I plan to replace the rims and tires anyway. Has anyone done a breakdown of each of the additions and priced them seperately to see how much of a premium we are going to pay? Any one hear of a discount to those that participate on this thread?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agonizing over the option and recent posts seem to be slamming the package. How about those that are positive respond here and people that want to trash it post on the other thread. Positives for me include the fact as a vert owner the bling may add a lot. I plan to replace the rims and tires anyway. Has anyone done a breakdown of each of the additions and priced them seperately to see how much of a premium we are going to pay? Any one hear of a discount to those that participate on this thread?

I have done the math right down to the penny. (except for a few items not priced yet) But im sure Im within a couple hundred dollars.

Personally i think its about an honest $5000 premium which i dont believe is that bad.(shelby has payroll, overhead, and has to profit or it would not be worth doing.I would not pay for it personally but i dont think its horrible concidering the bragging rights and these cars MIGHT bring more $$ later. If you are thinking collectabilty, I dont think you will lose in the end.If you are going to drive it, i have different feelings.I think the biggest thing that is going to limit the people who do this is when you take the extra $5000 and then add on another 2-$3,000 in shipping the car. There is also going to be some shipping charges of the parts back to the customer. I think a practical overall number that its going to cost you is about $8000 more than if you did it yourself. When i looked at that number, I decided Hell No.Even though they claim they will do 1000 cars . My honest opinion is they wont actually do more than 200 or so.I dont think there is enough demand after people look at the numbers. That in itself will help future value.

So please dont take this as a negative post. you asked for numbers and i gave you what i have researched.

I agree it looks negative!

Is there anyone out there going to do this upgrade?

I am going to get the 40th done, and am very excited about the whole process.

I was sold on the 40th from day 1.

It is the waiting that drives you crazy!

I like the look and the fact that there will not be more then a 1000 done.

I am going to get the 40th done, and am very excited about the whole process.

I was sold on the 40th from day 1.

It is the waiting that drives you crazy!

I like the look and the fact that there will not be more then a 1000 done.

Where are you on the list and when do you plan to go out with the car? Are you planning to do any other modifications? Like LCR for wheel hop? Do you think they will get 1000 done?

Where are you on the list and when do you plan to go out with the car? Are you planning to do any other modifications? Like LCR for wheel hop? Do you think they will get 1000 done?

I am waiting to hear back from Steve about the dates in March to ship my car.

I am going to wait and see what the changes do to the car as far as wheel hop ect.

Once they get started and the public see the cars I think the 1000 is real.

As far as my # it is low do not want to say until all is confirmed.

I am waiting to hear back from Steve about the dates in March to ship my car.

I am going to wait and see what the changes do to the car as far as wheel hop ect.

Once they get started and the public see the cars I think the 1000 is real.

As far as my # it is low do not want to say until all is confirmed.

I'm In! Waiting to hear the final details from Steve. Don't know my number but have been told it is under 50. Luckily I am close enough to drive and bring my parts back and that will help with the cost.

I'm about 95% sure I'm going to do the package. My buddy is letting me use his covered car carrier to bring the car out myself so that pretty much clinched it for me. I have BMR LCA's and JLT/EVO waiting to put on. I do wish the 40th had more performance upgrades rather than all the fluff, but mine is not a daily driver and I'm more looking at it from a future value standpoint. I think only time will tell as with anything, but it's just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
I plan on doing it (so far). Making my phone call tomorrow. A lot of the stuff that's priced seperately I wanted to do anyway, so why not do it all??!! I don't have shipping issues, I live 2 hours from Vegas and I can get the parts home too. Storage for the parts might be an issue...

Glad to hear your doing it. It will be nice to see our members post photos of their finished product. Some of the items I just did not care for and combined with the shipping hassle and the cost of the package it just wasn't in the cards for me.

Grabber

I plan on doing it (so far). Making my phone call tomorrow. A lot of the stuff that's priced seperately I wanted to do anyway, so why not do it all??!! I don't have shipping issues, I live 2 hours from Vegas and I can get the parts home too. Storage for the parts might be an issue...

It will be a 23 hour drive for me still working out the details of the transport.

When you go on the shelby site, it said the 40th package is about $12,000 plus shipping for the vert. Am I missing something? You guys are jumping at the chance to put on superficial parts, not performance, for that kind of money? I need to go back and look at it again, maybe Ive missed something. I to would like to pick and choose a few items, but some people must have a lot more $$$$ than me. I just dont see the value, unless Im missing something. Oh, brack ducts might look cool, but if your not a serious road racer and burning the brakes up, what is really the point. I just dont get it. Someone please tell me what I have missed so I to can get on the list.

I put my name in back in late December (no word yet)

But the overall cost/benefits of the pkg has me on the fence,

especially the additional $3k to ship it by truck.

The wife has stated the pkg was a "must do" before the car was even in the garage.

We have an enclosed trailer and she is willing to make the 2500 mile trip out there with me.

I guess I should be happy to have her insisting I spend more money on top of what was paid for the car.

hmmm....kinda makes me wonder.

I put my name in back in late December (no word yet)

But the overall cost/benefits of the pkg has me on the fence,

especially the additional $3k to ship it by truck.

The wife has stated the pkg was a "must do" before the car was even in the garage.

We have an enclosed trailer and she is willing to make the 2500 mile trip out there with me.

I guess I should be happy to have her insisting I spend more money on top of what was paid for the car.

hmmm....kinda makes me wonder.

Hmmmmm..........maybe she wants the car after............

Just kidding. :hysterical:

I called yesterday and left a message on Steve's voicemail. I'm assuming from previous posts I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for a return call? Two days have gome by and still no response...

Karen

K,

Email him. Much better for both parties.

He didn't return my calls either. He probably gets bombarded with phone calls. He is a good guy though. He gave my wife & I a personal tour of the facility. Probably because we had a plane to catch, and couldn't make the scheduled tour. I thought that was really cool of him. He told me that they would give me 30 days notice.

Archived