TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 40th year package

ILSTANG

What's his email address?

I'm seriously reconsidering not getting it. I do things on impulse; strike while the iron's hot! Plus I can think of other things to spend $11K on...

Karen

It is steven@shelbyautos.com

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm seriously considering the package given the future value. I have a black vert showing up next week and the gallery pics on the Shelby site just look too great. And I always liked the look of that bar in a 68 GT500KR vert. The GT500 is an instant classic - adding a bit more limited edition unique Shelby quality to it can only help.

I am going to get the 40th done, and am very excited about the whole process.

I was sold on the 40th from day 1.

It is the waiting that drives you crazy!

I like the look and the fact that there will not be more then a 1000 done.

You mean that there will Never be 1000 done? If so, that would mean that one of every 07' Shelbys' would be converted. For the price it'll never happen. Do it and I hope you aren't over 50 because you'll never see the return.... well maybe your Grandkids will! Hey, regardless... have fun and enjoy!!

• 3 weeks later...
I agree it looks negative!

Is there anyone out there going to do this upgrade?

I'm doing it on the convert for sure and maybe on the coupe. Haven't made up mind on the coupe yet but I have a feeling once I see it on the convert I'll have to go with the coupe also. Just have to find an empty corner in the garage for all the parts now. :yup::yup:

I predict that there will be alot of people who were going to have it done.Then after waiting so long and adding a few mods before hand,They might come to the same conclusion that alot of us have.Its alot of money for a very few performance mods and a little bling.I do not believe there will be 1000 done.Im betting on less than half that and probally fewer than 300. I dont think the demand was there initially for 1000 and i really think the more people look at it.They will just mod it themselves at less than half the cost. Regardless it has to add value down the road and possibly also on some new ones on ebay.Watch, Im betting on these cars bringing 80-$90K when a few new car dealers send them out and list them as brand new converted cars.No waiting,No shipping, Just walk in and buy one off the showroom floor.Regardless of how many are built,I dont think people will lose money on the conversion if they are willing to wait 30 years for a return. They will probally make money.To me, id rather buy real estate if i gotta wait that long.......People dont realize the actual cost of keeping a car for 30 years whether they drive it or not.It expensive.I think if somebody buys the package and gets rid of it in 5 years they are going to walk down the street topless;)Specially after paying a dealer adm.

Ive come to the conclusion that in order for shelby autos to stay in business,They will be offering many different packages on mustangs in the future.This fact by itself will decrease value on the 40th package.Its not too often packages get worse, they usually get better.Probally might do some dodges again also,who knows.Anyway,I guess my point is if this was a once in a lifetime oppurtunity like i initially thought it was,Id still be jumping all over it.I think after looking at just what has happened in the last year with this and other shelby packages, just when you send out your car for the 40th, the KR package will be out and then who knows whats next..........

It is a great looking package , I jusy dont see the $$

I predict that there will be alot of people who were going to have it done.Then after waiting so long and adding a few mods before hand,They might come to the same conclusion that alot of us have.Its alot of money for a very few performance mods and a little bling.I do not believe there will be 1000 done.Im betting on less than half that and probally fewer than 300. I dont think the demand was there initially for 1000 and i really think the more people look at it.They will just mod it themselves at less than half the cost. Regardless it has to add value down the road and possibly also on some new ones on ebay.Watch, Im betting on these cars bringing 80-$90K when a few new car dealers send them out and list them as brand new converted cars.No waiting,No shipping, Just walk in and buy one off the showroom floor.Regardless of how many are built,I dont think people will lose money on the conversion if they are willing to wait 30 years for a return. They will probally make money.To me, id rather buy real estate if i gotta wait that long.......People dont realize the actual cost of keeping a car for 30 years whether they drive it or not.It expensive.I think if somebody buys the package and gets rid of it in 5 years they are going to walk down the street topless;)Specially after paying a dealer adm.

Ive come to the conclusion that in order for shelby autos to stay in business,They will be offering many different packages on mustangs in the future.This fact by itself will decrease value on the 40th package.Its not too often packages get worse, they usually get better.Probally might do some dodges again also,who knows.Anyway,I guess my point is if this was a once in a lifetime oppurtunity like i initially thought it was,Id still be jumping all over it.I think after looking at just what has happened in the last year with this and other shelby packages, just when you send out your car for the 40th, the KR package will be out and then who knows whats next..........

It is a great looking package , I jusy dont see the $$

I hope your correct about the 300 number. Just makes mine all the more rare. Your also correct about the dollar value for the package and you can do it less expensive by parts, however you will never have the "serialized authenticated package" if that means something. To me it does.

I called SAI to get on the list before I even had the car in the garage, but have since

become one of those that got tired of the waiting and lack of news.

I'm now adding mods on my own. Long tube headers and intake are on the way.

It's funny, was told by the wife, that as part of our decision to buy a GT 500

"getting the 40th pkg was a must".

It's great! She's telling me to spend lot's of money on a car!

and for the first time, I have to disagree with her. (whats happening to me?)

As much as I want the 40th, the extended waiting gave me the time

to re-think the value vs the $$$.

I like the look and the idea of having one of what will probably be a few, but I can no longer justify the overall expense when adding up the ADM,

the cost of shipping the car out and back to LV as well as the cost of the pkg itself.

Later down the road, when I eventually see a car with the 40th, I may very well find my self wishing I had.

For now, I'll be happy with just having a regular GT 500.

I called SAI to get on the list before I even had the car in the garage, but have since

become one of those that got tired of the waiting and lack of news.

I'm now adding mods on my own. Long tube headers and intake are on the way.

It's funny, was told by the wife, that as part of our decision to buy a GT 500

"getting the 40th pkg was a must".

It's great! She's telling me to spend lot's of money on a car!

and for the first time, I have to disagree with her. (whats happening to me?)

As much as I want the 40th, the extended waiting gave me the time

to re-think the value vs the $$$.

I like the look and the idea of having one of what will probably be a few, but I can no longer justify the overall expense when adding up the ADM,

the cost of shipping the car out and back to LV as well as the cost of the pkg itself.

Later down the road, when I eventually see a car with the 40th, I may very well find my self wishing I had.

For now, I'll be happy with just having a regular GT 500.

Guys, I am sorry for the delay. I have delayed the start due to some new performance options we have about to unveil. I wanted to be able to make the calls and offer the new parts to all on the list as well. John will be calling everyone shortly to update them on these new additions.

Amy

Guys, I am sorry for the delay. I have delayed the start due to some new performance options we have about to unveil. I wanted to be able to make the calls and offer the new parts to all on the list as well. John will be calling everyone shortly to update them on these new additions.

Amy

Thanks for the update Amy. I can't wait for the phone to ring to see what the Performance Easter Bunny may bring from Las Vegas. :hysterical2:

Amy

This could change a few peoples minds on getting the package. I bet you see an increase in demand for the package.

Amy,

Thanks for responding with the information. I am hoping that there are some good additions and we can set up a date soon. I have not done any modifications to my vert. I am very tempted to modify on my own if things are not going move forward soon.

Amy,

Thanks for responding with the information. I am hoping that there are some good additions and we can set up a date soon. I have not done any modifications to my vert. I am very tempted to modify on my own if things are not going move forward soon.

Me too. I am sick of driving it stock (especially exhaust) when there is so much more to be had.

I called today and everything is moving forward on the 40th package. They have a lot of balls in the air and want to make sure all the parts are available because they know some people will be driving long distances and will be waiting on the car to be finished. The benefit for waiting may be the option of adding other performance upgrades that will be ready in the future. I am going to be patient and hold off on any up grades on my own until I hear. I am hoping anything they add will not void the warrenty. Hope they will be able to set up a date in a month or two.

Amy,

we will release all info after NY auto, that is the priority right now. I think all Gt500 owners will be happy

Amy

Got this email today from John. Sounds like they will be making available some significant blower options to improve performance. I am glad I waited.

To all 40th Anniversary GT500 owners:

Great News! We are nearing the time to start taking deposits, assigning CSM numbers for the 40th Anniversary packages, and scheduling cars for the conversion.

As many of you guys know, the GT500 is already an absolute beast in it's stock form. But when has Shelby ever been satisfied with stock?

Our Research and Development Team has been working with the GT500 to see what more they could squeeze out of it.

What did they do? Hold on to your seats...

3 weeks from now, Shelby will be anouncing BIG news. News that is so great, so hot, SO BIG, we have held off on calling you back, so we will be able to offer these upgrades to you.

Please don't rush to the phone, I can't tell you. What I can say, I have.

I'm looking forward to speaking with all of you guys. And I can't wait to spill the beans.

You can NEVER have too much horsepower!

John Walker

Director of Sales

Shelby Automobiles Inc.

John Walker,

Darren, I don't believe that John responds through here, but I can offer you some accurate information on this subject....

Will Shelby Autos prep the new KR that will be introduced next year WEEK? YES.

Will the Shelby package convert our cars to a true KR? NO, BUT DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.

I would be interested in the 40th package if this is the case. Let me know, I would like to get on the list if so. EVERYTHING WILL BE CLEAR TO EVERONE IN ABOUT 14 DAYS, JUST WAIT.

Darren

Son of GT

You gave me just a teaser. :poke: You know more than you are offering. I hate waiting. Can you tell me if the hood on the KR will be available? It looks like ford is going to produce a CAI. Will it be a ford product? It sound like the KR parts will be bolt on to our cars, is this true? Any more tid-bits of info? thank you

looks like multiple posts now on the 40th package but in three weeks we should have some new news that could make the package much better

Maybe the TVS makes an appearance here? Who knows but sadly I am so fed up with trying to order from SA that I wouldn't send my car to them for fear they would forget where to send it back to.

I know Amy is on here, I am a fan of hers and like that she has helped in the past and find it refreshing that a person at her level in a company will participate in a forum like this but the problem remains (at least for me) and it is obsurd that some one at her level has to get involved to get flor mats, light trim, fuse box covers, etc out the door. I know I am not alone with this issue & if it were anyone else I would have written them off as some one to do business with a long long time ago. I'm getting close to that now despite who they are as there are other fish in the sea and they are much more willing to take my money and send me their product.

Sending my car to them....Not a chance even after hell has been in an ice age for 20 yrs.

Iceman you need to warm up a little. Shelby is responsible for reigniting ford and gettig us a GT500 along with shelby GT and all the other models to come including KRs. Now with power upgrade options that approved by ford we could have it all and they are the ones bringing it to us. They do have a lot going on right now but all my interactions with John and Steve show me thay have their act itogether. Plus all they are building and presenting is proof they are effective.

Iceman you need to warm up a little. Shelby is responsible for reigniting ford and gettig us a GT500 along with shelby GT and all the other models to come including KRs. Now with power upgrade options that approved by ford we could have it all and they are the ones bringing it to us. They do have a lot going on right now but all my interactions with John and Steve show me thay have their act itogether. Plus all they are building and presenting is proof they are effective.

You know you may be right, but honestly who else could give you the piss poor service that they do and you would keep trying to do business with them?

Say Evolution and JLT started advertising their stuff. Then it wasn't ready when they said and didn't communicate at all. THen it was ready and you couldn't get them to take your order or even return your call. Do you think anyone would be trying to force the issue?

I like SA products. I want to buy more from them but it seems like they are going out of their way to make it hard to do business with them. I can pass on the decorative items they have and get the performace items someplace else....and I will.

I need to shut up about it but it's agravating to me that everyone is singing their praises for coming up with something when they have not proven they can deliver orders on things like floor mats and light trim with out complications. I'd love to eat my words and have no issue saying I am wrong....but as of yet they have not done much to show me that the customer serice issue is being addressed. I know good help is hard to find and I'm sure they run lean, but no matter how small the order if they can't return a call or update the system to let me order like anyone else does online there are some issues that should be delt with. I'm not asking for things to be given to me for free or anything like that. No discount, no special treatment. I simply want to place an order and have the product sent. I would think that this is as much a pert of their business as pimping their name all over these cars....regardless of the size of the order.

Service is worth a lot to me...maybe it's just me but I can get that service and some mighty fine products from a lot of other places with out the head ache. My point is if SA doesn't do something to fix this issue it won't be just me and my $40 order going to another vendor. I think the world of Amy for getting on here and dealing with a lot of the issues like this in the past, but I have to say again - why is a person at that level spending time driving the shipment of these little things? If I were her I'd be a little angry that the service is so bad it happens all the time. She's a good woman for addressing it and getting it done. Even better for covering for her people with the reasons why etc......but it's time to find a solution and not have the issue any longer....set up an e-bay distribution for all I car but doing this volume business the old fashioned way is only good if the people are responsive. My expereince has been that those taking the orders at SA are not. They maybe should be paid on commission because I get the feeling they could care less if they get my credit card number and ship me the product....what ever it may be.

Maybe the TVS makes an appearance here? Who knows but sadly I am so fed up with trying to order from SA that I wouldn't send my car to them for fear they would forget where to send it back to.

I know Amy is on here, I am a fan of hers and like that she has helped in the past and find it refreshing that a person at her level in a company will participate in a forum like this but the problem remains (at least for me) and it is obsurd that some one at her level has to get involved to get flor mats, light trim, fuse box covers, etc out the door. I know I am not alone with this issue & if it were anyone else I would have written them off as some one to do business with a long long time ago. I'm getting close to that now despite who they are as there are other fish in the sea and they are much more willing to take my money and send me their product.

Sending my car to them....Not a chance even after hell has been in an ice age for 20 yrs.

IMO the bottom line is this.......

SAI/Ford/SVT came out with an AWESOME GT500 after 40 years.....right?

SAI & every after-market vendor, wants to sell you add-ons for your car....right?

SAI then went ahead & started getting proto-type parts & pieces together....right?

SAI then post them on their website for all to see....right?

SAI gets overwhelmed with the responses wanting this & that changed/tweaked in different colors/styles...right?

Are you still with me?

SAI then comes out with another model (The GT-H) that creates even more hype & business for them, which was really needed for a struggling SAI because for the last several years they could have very easily went under & been out of business had it not been for Carroll hiring Amy....right?

SAI then gets more & more attention because of the GT500 & GT-H models….right? This in turn causes more distractions for the limited staff they have at SAI. This additional attention takes away & delays progress on the after-market SA parts business because they are looking at the big picture on how to turn things around.....right?

SAI continues to get orders for items they do have & at the same time they are trying to re-build their website, get parts ordered & continue to work on other big projects that have been slowly coming to market....right?

SAI then tries to please the masses by offering a 40th Anniversary package to 1,000 lucky GT500 owners while their still trying to finalize parts & pieces for the 40th with vendors based on feedback & the number of people that have called in with interest....right?

Now while all this is going on Carroll Shelby, Amy & Ford come up with an idea to keep the hype going by adding the Shelby GT to sell at Ford Dealers & they decide to build about 8,000 to 10,000 of those.....right?

Now throw in the rights to buy the 1st GT500 & Shelby GT at two different BJ Auctions and the hype turns into madness being 600k each. Then to top it all off Carroll has his own personal Twin Super-charged AC Super Snake auctioned off & it brings 5 MILLION DOLLARS & the world of collector cars is just buzzing at 60,000 feet. ..right?

Still with me?

SAI then starts working on the next big project & they announce that at BJ auction #001 of the first Shelby GT-H Convertible will be up for auction, creating more Buzz & hype….right

SAI then decides to hold off the launch of the 40th Anniversary package for a little bit later & ask for folks to be patient while things are finalized. Now the GT500 community grows ever so impatient waiting for info to come from SAI….right?

Then it happens…..the word leaks out that Carroll Shelby & Ford have yet another surprise they plan to unveil at the 2007 New York Auto show in April (The GT500KR)…right?

OK, I’m almost done here…..

When you step back & look at the Big picture of what SAI is trying to accomplish in a very short amount of time, I think you will agree that they are really looking out for us when it comes to offering us the very best stuff and/or limited edition collectable car packages, with choices ranging from simple cosmetics to rip roaring performance beast packages.

I say it’s worth the wait for all stuff to be reveled or offered at one time so no one feels like “If I had only known they were coming out with that I would have done that instead”. If your upset because a few little not very profitable items are not available yet or you don’t get service as quickly as you want, and you don’t see the stress they must be under shows that you only care about yourself, and your need for speed & good looks.

Rant over. :soapbox:

Archived