TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Air Filters

I have herd that the air filters on early production GT 500's are faulty and some folks have had theirs replaced. My question is did the dealer do it or did You spend the 50 bucks Yourself.

I talked with a dealer in my area and there was nothing in his computer from Ford about this. I don't think that Ford has acknowledged this problem.

I have herd that the air filters on early production GT 500's are faulty and some folks have had theirs replaced. My question is did the dealer do it or did You spend the 50 bucks Yourself.

I talked with a dealer in my area and there was nothing in his computer from Ford about this. I don't think that Ford has acknowledged this problem.

TB6408 - my dealer provided the filter at no charge.

You heard correctly. The dealers will replace the filter at Ford's expense. Call your dealers parts dept. to make sure they have one in stock. The stock filter availability was a problem a few months ago, and the dealers should have them now.

Archived